PDA

View Full Version : Those palm trees - again :)

oddglob
04-16-2006, 07:04 PM
Hi all,

I recently installed Pacific Fighters on my computer and like a lot of people, notice that the palm trees can be real frame rate killers at times.

I've been reading through previous posts related to this issue, but so far I don't seem to have found a suggestion that actually works.

The solutions I have read about entail using the destruction functionality within the FMB in order to remove excess (or even all) palm trees.

The problem is that I cannot get any of these suggested solutions to work efficiently. I have found it impossible to remove palm trees without destroying other structures as well. This happens regardless of the level of destruction I choose to work with (I have tried lots of small increments in the sliding adjuster) or the brush size. As soon as I apply the minimum level of destruction needed to remove any palm trees at all, then buildings in the area will also be partially or fully destroyed.

As a result, the only "sure fire" method I have found is to simply delete individual trees (ie right click each tree then select destroy object) that lie within the mission area. Even though I only really need to get rid of maybe half of them, this is very time consuming. I also tried applying full destruction then restoring the buildings and structures only, but that was even more time consuming.

So, am I missing something, or is the way I am doing it the only method that truly works? As I say, I have followed the suggestions of others, but in every case it results in destroyed structures as well.

oddglob
04-16-2006, 07:04 PM
Hi all,

I recently installed Pacific Fighters on my computer and like a lot of people, notice that the palm trees can be real frame rate killers at times.

I've been reading through previous posts related to this issue, but so far I don't seem to have found a suggestion that actually works.

The solutions I have read about entail using the destruction functionality within the FMB in order to remove excess (or even all) palm trees.

The problem is that I cannot get any of these suggested solutions to work efficiently. I have found it impossible to remove palm trees without destroying other structures as well. This happens regardless of the level of destruction I choose to work with (I have tried lots of small increments in the sliding adjuster) or the brush size. As soon as I apply the minimum level of destruction needed to remove any palm trees at all, then buildings in the area will also be partially or fully destroyed.

As a result, the only "sure fire" method I have found is to simply delete individual trees (ie right click each tree then select destroy object) that lie within the mission area. Even though I only really need to get rid of maybe half of them, this is very time consuming. I also tried applying full destruction then restoring the buildings and structures only, but that was even more time consuming.

So, am I missing something, or is the way I am doing it the only method that truly works? As I say, I have followed the suggestions of others, but in every case it results in destroyed structures as well.

VW-IceFire
04-16-2006, 07:06 PM
They included a second map that is identical but without the palm trees. I think its called IslandMP but I could be wrong.

Thats the best method http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

VVaFFenPanZZeR
04-16-2006, 07:46 PM
In the config files, there u'll find a line like this

forest=2

The numbers are usually only 1 through 3, what ever urs is make it 0. That should solve that their problemO.