PDA

View Full Version : Different airplanes and maps in campaigns

ToiletSiphonX
10-18-2004, 10:10 PM
When I played the original IL-2 as a russian fighter pilot, I went through several different airplanes and maps in the same campaign. But in FB, as a Finnish pilot, I always kept the same plane (Buffalo), in the same map. I never played any other campaigns in FB.

Will the plane/map change during the course of a campaign as, let say, a us navy fighter pilot? Will I see a real progression in the campaign? Or will it be always the same thing, at the same location with the same plane?

Giganoni
10-18-2004, 10:14 PM
Really? When I played the Finnish Campaign I eventually got the 109G2 or G6 I can't remember exactly.

PFs campaign is already known to allow you to help decide the PTOs biggest battles and I'm almost certain that planes will be "upgraded" as time goes on.

GoToAway
10-19-2004, 04:41 AM
You choose the planes that you want when you start a campaign. That's the way it has always been. That's what the pulldown menus are for. If you want to start in 1941, you can select your planes all the way through 1945. If you don't do this, you will use the campaign defaults.