PDA

View Full Version : Quickslots randomly changing.

Six_Gun
03-23-2011, 09:35 PM
Anyone else have this problem? The slots for med vials, sword, and hidden blade keep switching around on me. It's happened at least 3 times so far this run through. I've never once had my sword knocked out of my hand either, and even if I had, this never happened in AC2 when I did.

Since you can't map a slot to a specific item and they're just named slot 1-4, there doesn't seem to be anything you can do about it. For that matter why does it happen? Is this a bug in the game? Shouldn't slot 1 always be for meds, 2 for hidden blade, and 3 for sword?

There are a few annoying things I've encountered, but mainly just stuff I need to get used to in how this game is different. This however is one thing that is very aggravating and I feel like there's nothing I can do about it.

Six_Gun
03-23-2011, 09:35 PM
Anyone else have this problem? The slots for med vials, sword, and hidden blade keep switching around on me. It's happened at least 3 times so far this run through. I've never once had my sword knocked out of my hand either, and even if I had, this never happened in AC2 when I did.

Since you can't map a slot to a specific item and they're just named slot 1-4, there doesn't seem to be anything you can do about it. For that matter why does it happen? Is this a bug in the game? Shouldn't slot 1 always be for meds, 2 for hidden blade, and 3 for sword?

There are a few annoying things I've encountered, but mainly just stuff I need to get used to in how this game is different. This however is one thing that is very aggravating and I feel like there's nothing I can do about it.

Moryarity
03-24-2011, 05:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Six_Gun:
Shouldn't slot 1 always be for meds, 2 for hidden blade, and 3 for sword?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, you can place the different items and weapons freely in the slots. If you select them in your weapon wheel and press the slot number they will be assigned to that slot.

So maybe while in the weapon wheel you accidentally hit one of the slot numbers and therefore changed the assignation.

HEAT.GRLSOV
03-24-2011, 05:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moryarity:
So maybe while in the weapon wheel you accidentally hit one of the slot numbers and therefore changed the assignation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's most likely that. I also changed my quickslots twice before finding it out. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Six_Gun
03-24-2011, 01:38 PM
Yeah since posting this thread I did some Googling and found people saying you could edit the weapon wheel. Had to experiment on my own to find out how to do that though. I guess I must have in a panic during a fight to get to the pistol quickly inadvertently hit a number key whilst selecting.

I have a question though, if one hates the weapon wheel as I do, can I instead tap one of the number keys more than once to bring up weapons other than the hidden blade or sword? This would be MUCH preferred to constantly editing the weapon wheel if quick switching is only good for 3 weapons.

Seems to me all they'd have to do is assign weapons by category. Any heavy weapon would go in the sword slot including cross bows and the 2 handed heavy sheath ones, one handed simple weapons like daggers and throwing knives would go in the fist slot, and special weapons like the pistol and darts would go in the hidden blade slot. You tap that number key once for hidden blade, sword or fists, twice for the alternate weapon you have in your inventory for that slot.

TB_Jaybird
08-19-2011, 11:46 PM
My quickslots just changed on me. I was using 1 for medicine and now all of a sudden after a weird last jump where i did some weird mid-air weapon button selection this is no longer the case as that button now selects the hidden blade.

i am using the steam version so not much documentation you want to read since it is in digital form.

If this is something i did i need to fix it