PDA

View Full Version : v3.02 canopy holes. Bug?



Atomic_Marten
12-03-2004, 12:55 PM
I don't know is this issue has been mentioned, but when some of the aircraft in game like A6M5b, got hit in canopy, they appeared to have holes in canopy even after I open! canopy.(holes are hanging in the mid-air?-when I close canopy, they are in place again http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

This is clearly some kind of bug, but fortunately that 'bug' does not appear on all aircraft.

crazyivan1970
12-03-2004, 04:22 PM
Screenshot? Did you report it to PF@1C.RU?

Atomic_Marten
12-05-2004, 10:42 AM
O.k. I did some shots of the A6M5b, and here they are:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/Atomic_Marten/A6M5b_canopy_001.jpg
Zero attacking A20s with close canopy
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/Atomic_Marten/A6M5b_canopyop_001.jpg
This is the same zero with half-closed canopy, in this pic we can clearly see the bug..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/Atomic_Marten/A6M5b_cannopyrsid_001.jpg
The side view with open canopy.


I do not know on just how many planes this bug is present, but I'm pretty sure that it is not on all v3.00> flyables. Some of them are O.K. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

And I did not send mail to PF@1C.RU.. I hope this is enough. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Atomic_Marten
12-05-2004, 10:44 AM
BTW they are all v3.02bm.

Willey
12-05-2004, 01:07 PM
OK the same happened to me yesterday in a P-40B.
That's not in 3.0 or 3.01, because they don't have all damage textures due to disk space.

Flydutch
12-06-2004, 05:28 PM
Those aren't bullet holes their spiders webs!

Serious, I have never liked these comic book 'bullet riddled glass' model, for A start the material is Plexiglass that will shatter huge chunks when hit by shrapnell or projectiles, the armoured windscreens where for the first time nicly modeled on the Me 163 Komet Rocket Fighter, those look A lot more like hit armoured glass.

3.JG51_BigBear
12-06-2004, 06:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Willey:
OK the same happened to me yesterday in a P-40B.
That's not in 3.0 or 3.01, because they don't have all damage textures due to disk space. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, I never noticed this before the beta patch.

A.K.Davis
12-06-2004, 07:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Atomic_Marten:

And I did not send mail to PF@1C.RU.. I hope this is enough. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, it's not enough. As per the readme, bugs need to be sent to PF@1c.ru. They don't have time to wade through the forums.

Atomic_Marten
12-07-2004, 12:42 PM
OK. then I will send it.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Kasdeya
12-07-2004, 05:12 PM
Umm, I got a couple questions. Did this happen before you attacked the A20's, or during? If it was during then were you shot at? I have had this happen to me before, in a 109,190,p51,p47,spit, zero, and a few others. the 109 has had this since the beginning i beleive. If this was assoon as you hit fly or before, long before you attacked the enemy planes then i would say its a bug, but if you got shot at then I say its just damage modeling at work, and somewhat normal.

Yes I get shot alot, lol.

PriK
12-07-2004, 06:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kasdeya:
Umm, I got a couple questions. Did this happen before you attacked the A20's, or during? If it was during then were you shot at? I have had this happen to me before, in a 109,190,p51,p47,spit, zero, and a few others. the 109 has had this since the beginning i beleive. If this was assoon as you hit fly or before, long before you attacked the enemy planes then i would say its a bug, but if you got shot at then I say its just damage modeling at work, and somewhat normal.

Yes I get shot alot, lol. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erm...openable canopies have been around before PF???

Atomic_Marten
12-07-2004, 07:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Kasdeya:
Did this happen before you attacked the A20's, or during? If it was during then were you shot at? I have had this happen to me before, in a 109,190,p51,p47,spit, zero, and a few others. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It happens in the moment when I open my canopy. Of course my a/c *have* to be hit in the canopy to see that.. also take notice that a/c *must* have openable canopy to even notice the bug.(you can see it only when you open the canopy - therefore you can not have this bug before version 3.00 of the game, except it is possible on Rata or G.50 or other canopy open a/c http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif).

BTW you can easily check this bug for yourself. Just choose for instance above named Zero A6M5b, load FMB, position yourself close on bomber 6 and the fat bird will do the rest http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif(bombers like A20, you don't want to choose some bomber with monster def.armament because you wont live long enough to see canopy open http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif).

Kasdeya
12-08-2004, 10:26 AM
OK now I understand what you were talking about. You get shot up then open your canopy and the bullet holes float where the canopy was. Never had that happen to me before.

Somehow I read this wrong. I just reread it and how I missed that about opening the canopy, I have no idea. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Kasdeya
12-08-2004, 10:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PriK:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kasdeya:
Umm, I got a couple questions. Did this happen before you attacked the A20's, or during? If it was during then were you shot at? I have had this happen to me before, in a 109,190,p51,p47,spit, zero, and a few others. the 109 has had this since the beginning i beleive. If this was assoon as you hit fly or before, long before you attacked the enemy planes then i would say its a bug, but if you got shot at then I say its just damage modeling at work, and somewhat normal.

Yes I get shot alot, lol. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erm...openable canopies have been around before PF??? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I need a beer!

Capt.LoneRanger
12-08-2004, 10:46 AM
Finally the many holes that I shoot into thin air are modelled http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

LEBillfish
12-08-2004, 11:14 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble but those bullet holes are not in the canopy or the open air as you suggest......



They are obviously in your eyeballs or you'd not be seeing them with the canopy open...Geesh..

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Atomic_Marten
12-09-2004, 01:47 PM
Check the pics then. LEBillFish.

LEBillfish
12-09-2004, 07:12 PM
Check your sense of humor Atomic Marten....

as Foghorn Leghorn would say..

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">"That's a joke son, a joke, dontcha get it, holes in eyes!"</span>

Anywho, I checked the KI-61 tonight...and the bullet holes moved with the canopy...which you can see here..

http://www.geocities.com/k2kellyirie/IL2/window.MPG
(being geocities you may have to copy and paste in url and bandwidth is very limited)

Atomic_Marten
12-09-2004, 10:21 PM
Yes, some fighters are O.K. in this regard.

But, could you please check that above named Zero A6M5b? Please just for me.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

However, I have not checked all the flyables with openable canopies, but for now I can tell for sure that A6M5b have this 'bug'. Maybe some of them suffer from the same bug.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

LEBillfish
12-09-2004, 10:36 PM
Yes, A6M5b the bullet holes float in mid air in QMB.....Although it may have just been holes in my eyes http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

_VR_ScorpionWorm
12-10-2004, 05:39 PM
This happens to the B25 canopies as well, rotate the top turret as it has bullet holes and they stay there.

Atomic_Marten
12-10-2004, 05:44 PM
I have checked some fighter aircraft about this issue and it appears that few more have troubles with holes in canopy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. On some aircraft like Seafires and H-Cats I could not get side canopy holes no matter how long gunners shot me up.(maybe someone had better luck http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif)

But some weird stuff is noticeable on Wildcat series. On these birds when you open your canopy filled with holes, some holes seems to go "under" wing so I can not see them.(picture below).

To summarize I have noticed bug on these fighter a/c:
-Wildcats (special bug http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif )
-P40B&C
-Tomahawks
-A6M5s
-A6M7s

Others appears to be o.k. but I may miss some of them..

Here are two Wildcat pics:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/Atomic_Marten/W-Cat003.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/Atomic_Marten/W-Cat001.jpg

Mjollnir111675
12-10-2004, 05:58 PM
Alright Atomic ya captured the "M.C. Escher bullet hole/wing combo" on tha cat!!

Atomic_Marten
12-10-2004, 06:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mjollnir111675:
Alright Atomic ya captured the "M.C. Escher bullet hole/wing combo" on tha cat!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eh.. Am I good or what?!? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif