PDA

View Full Version : Wow..seriously? I have to replay in Romulus armor?

E-Zekiel
11-22-2010, 04:21 PM
Is there any way at all around this? I unlocked the armor in single player mode but I never wear it. I really only unlocked it for the dagger. As a result, when I replay missions I now am automatically put in Romulus armor unless there is a specific armor that has to be worn for the mission (like at the beginning where you wear the armor of Altair).

I really dislike this armor, it's far too bulky and armory and not assassiny at all so I really don't wanna replay like this, so is there any way around it?

E-Zekiel
11-22-2010, 04:21 PM
Is there any way at all around this? I unlocked the armor in single player mode but I never wear it. I really only unlocked it for the dagger. As a result, when I replay missions I now am automatically put in Romulus armor unless there is a specific armor that has to be worn for the mission (like at the beginning where you wear the armor of Altair).

I really dislike this armor, it's far too bulky and armory and not assassiny at all so I really don't wanna replay like this, so is there any way around it?

OMN1C1D4L
11-22-2010, 04:36 PM
I don't know about replaying every mission in romulus armour, but because i always play with skins on (e.g the ones you can download through UPlay/codex edition codes) i never see the romulus armour anymore.

DJKRONOS1982
11-22-2010, 04:57 PM
I dislike that armor as well. Looks like I'll be enabling the Altair armor so I don't have to see those dreadful robes again.

RipYourSpineOut
11-22-2010, 05:03 PM
Equip another type of armor at the Tiber Island Hideout. It should un-equip the Armor of Brutus and put you back with Ezio's original threads with the armor you had selected (I go with Plate because it looks the best.)

Hope this helped http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

realgangsta213
11-22-2010, 05:10 PM
Yep equipping a different armor at hq does the trick.
Also did anyone else notice that ezio takes much more damage withe the armor on rather than with a weaker armor. I played all the game withe the starting armor (5 health squares) and when i got armor of brutus i noticed that falling the same distance with the armor takes around 7 health squares whereas starting armor takes 2.

BloodyMoon1
11-22-2010, 05:19 PM
I just use the Desmond skin, lol.

Keighvin
11-22-2010, 06:09 PM
Realgangsta, fall damage is a percentage basis, so more health, more squares taken off.

LaCava1
11-22-2010, 06:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BloodyMoon1:
I just use the Desmond skin, lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
How do you even GET the Desmond skin? I would use it, but I don't have it. And yes, I beat the game...

E-Zekiel
11-22-2010, 06:48 PM
I think you have to beat sequence 8 with 100% synchronization. Not sure cause I got 100% on all the story mode missions.

That said, some of the missions you can't just go to HQ for, you'll either fail, or cancel, or not make a time limit....

Turinrp
11-23-2010, 12:30 PM
Mm, Hi, I have the same.. problem? I hope this is only a glitch, and ubisoft fix this about the armor of brutus, I really don't like to replay memories whit this armor. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Edit: I noticed that this happen only when you replay memories from the sequences 2 to 7. When you replay the sequences 8 and 9 Ezio is equiped with the armor that you have before entering the replay mode.

SolidSnakeMat
11-23-2010, 07:02 PM
Yep been replaying the missions too to get 100% God that armor is ugly looking I just put on Altair's Armor from Uplay to help me think that I'm wearing Altair's armor from AC2 or I use Desmond skin because well I like Desmond.

ValidatedDavid
11-23-2010, 08:21 PM
I think if you go to any blacksmith even while replaying you can choose to equip any piece of armor even if you already own it and that will remove the hideous Brutus armor. I know this isn't always an option though but when it is it might be better than returning to the hideout.
The whole armor thing in this game is a mess. I purposely avoided armor because I hate all of it, then I did the blacksmith shop quest and when I carefuly put on the bonus pauldrons to see how they looked (since the game already forced shoulder armor onto me) the game automatically put on the chest guard which I was purposely avoiding as well.

SolidSnakeMat
11-23-2010, 09:06 PM
Armor of Brutus was the worst armor Idea ever created its so ugly and the whole force you to wear armor is stupid too. I want to do a no armor run but Nooo... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

AeroElim
11-23-2010, 09:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yep been replaying the missions too to get 100% God that armor is ugly looking I just put on Altair's Armor from Uplay to help me think that I'm wearing Altair's armor from AC2 or I use Desmond skin because well I like Desmond. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which do you guys like better, Altair's armor or his robes as a replacement for the Romulus junk?

I kind of like the Altair armor except that it's a bit too black for my tastes

E-Zekiel
11-23-2010, 09:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AeroElim:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yep been replaying the missions too to get 100% God that armor is ugly looking I just put on Altair's Armor from Uplay to help me think that I'm wearing Altair's armor from AC2 or I use Desmond skin because well I like Desmond. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which do you guys like better, Altair's armor or his robes as a replacement for the Romulus junk?

I kind of like the Altair armor except that it's a bit too black for my tastes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was really racist.

Joking aside, I like them both. Altair's armor just fits Ezio and the setting much better, but I think the robes look cooler. When I want to be nostalgic and look cool and ignore my surroundings, I pick the robes. Otherwise I tend to go for armor.

That's also how I've solved my dilemma - I just put on one of these two looks to overwrite it.

Turinrp
11-23-2010, 09:40 PM
I play the game a little more, and the armor of Brutus, when you replay memories, only you wear it in memories where Ezio suppouse don't have the armor set (plate, roman, etc) but in memories where you already can purchase that sets, the sets apper, and you don't wear the armor of Brutus (Memories like Leonard's machines, Abstergo Agents, Hidden Places, Sequence 1,7,8 and 9 etc.)

Haywood92
11-23-2010, 10:08 PM
I personally think it's a glitch. You should be allowed to wear the armour you picked during replays. Better yet, you should be allowed to unequip armour. Truth be told, I only bought it for the percentage, but I had no idea that the same problem that AC2 had would carry on over to ACB. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Turinrp
11-23-2010, 10:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Haywood92:
I personally think it's a glitch. You should be allowed to wear the armour you picked during replays. Better yet, you should be allowed to unequip armour. Truth be told, I only bought it for the percentage, but I had no idea that the same problem that AC2 had would carry on over to ACB. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I think it's a glitch too, hope ubisoft fix it, I love the assassin suit, to replay missions.

Caligula__
11-23-2010, 11:11 PM
I only have one problem with it, how did the wolf pelts survive 1500 years?

Edit - Oh yeah, and the fact you can't change your hood or cape colour whilst wearing it but otherwise it is perfect and looks really cool

Pitalla
11-23-2010, 11:18 PM
Man that Romulos outfit is disgusting, what I do is wear it and activate the Armour of Altair outfit so it looks like I am wearing the stuff of last game. It is a good way to evade that stuff dontcha think? ;P

But srsly Ubisoft, give us something nicer next time lol.

SolidSnakeMat
11-23-2010, 11:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pitalla:
Man that Romulos outfit is disgusting, what I do is wear it and activate the Armour of Altair outfit so it looks like I am wearing the stuff of last game. It is a good way to evade that stuff dontcha think? ;P

But srsly Ubisoft, give us something nicer next time lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol thats what I do and agree.

Redfeather1975
11-23-2010, 11:49 PM
I think it would have been better if the ultimate hidden outfit focused less on armour and more on sleekness and speed. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Head on fights in the series are getting way too easy. More incentive to be stealthy can't be a bad thing in this series.

There was one assassination target with a full mask and black longcoat. That was an awesome outfit. I would have liked an option that is something like that.

kriegerdesgottes
11-24-2010, 01:49 AM
I hated the altair armor for the same reason it's too puffy and bulky also the worst part was that he had those stupid black stripes on his arms. But I think in some missions he has to take it off like in memory 2 when he buys the dagger he takes off the stupid brutus suit ( I also only use the awesome dagger). But you still have to go all the way back to your hideout to put your other armor on which annoys me.

SolidSnakeMat
11-24-2010, 02:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
I hated the altair armor for the same reason it's too puffy and bulky also the worst part was that he had those stupid black stripes on his arms. But I think in some missions he has to take it off like in memory 2 when he buys the dagger he takes off the stupid brutus suit ( I also only use the awesome dagger). But you still have to go all the way back to your hideout to put your other armor on which annoys me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I thought Alta´r's armor was awesome looking. Best armor in AC2 indeed but the armor of Brutus is a piece of crap and the dev that made it needs to be smacked. The dagger on the otherhand is amazing and I like it a lot.

Turinrp
11-24-2010, 01:30 PM
Independent of Altair's armor, of the armor of brutus, just play replay mission with the default white assassin costume, will be great http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Turinrp
11-26-2010, 06:21 PM
Another "solution" for this, is that before you replay a memory use the lowest armor that you have. Apparently the game tried to load an armor that you haven't accesses to it in the memory, so that's why you have the armor of brutus. *Spoiler* Use the Seusenhofer and replay the final memory of the Banker sequence 5 (Where Claudia kill the guards) , and you'll be wearing the armor of Brutus, do the same but whit the Leather armor, and you appear with the same armor. */Spoiler*

trickitrules
12-01-2010, 07:30 PM
C'mon Ubisoft, Fix this with a update or patch or something !
Oh, by the way, am I the only one who noticed the health diamonds stay the same, no Matter what armor you have ? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/Patrick+Hewitt.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/Patrick+Hewitt)

Yeah, That's Right.
Assassin's Creed Series: 3000/3000 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

StrangelovePhD
01-05-2011, 08:13 PM
I'm starting to replay memories and also begining to find this uber frustrating. Especially in the Romulus layers themselves.

Even if you enter a replay with the regular armor equipped (with the weakest variation of that armor) you'll always enter wearing the Brutus Armor. Why?

I don't mind the armor, but when I want to play with my regular outfit I'm unable to and that bugs the hell out of me.

noiziness
01-27-2011, 01:55 PM
i honestly think ubisoft should have made ezios default robes in assassins creed 2 a uplay bonus, there the only robes that look realy assassiny, unlike the rest where it looks like hell trip over his robes, or hes waering a skirt............and let us be able to take off the armor aii, i dont like looking like a walking tank while trying to stay incognito, Guard: i wonder who killed this guy, i think it was that guy that looks like a civilian standing next to the person in armor, a hood, a sword,knife,crossbow and hidden BLADES!!!!!

noiziness
01-27-2011, 02:00 PM
also the armor of brutus is the most horrible piece of ****, i expected ubisoft would have made the armor look more assassin like and to not have a skirt.............i look like im climbing a building in a dress.........enough said.

sgreen37
01-27-2011, 02:12 PM
Ughhh...I was so dissappointed in Romulus' outfit. It was so bulky and huge. It looked like nothing an assassin would wear. It looked like something some warrior from the dark ages would wear. Not to mention that it looked childish and hideous.

noiziness
01-28-2011, 01:40 AM
i hope ubisoft reads these things and makes a patch for the game.i also hope they will put ezios beginning robes as a uplay bonus^.^ coz i REAALLYYY like those robes, and its the only robes missing out of all the games

Alpha Ender
01-28-2011, 02:42 AM
Hmm. I never noticed things like the leather armor staying the same or whatever because I always had Brutus' armor equipped for synch re-runs, but just with a skin over it. I normally play with Desmond's skin, I don't know why everyone hates him so much. Either his skin or Altair's Robes.

swiftkinfe
01-28-2011, 02:35 PM
This indeed annoyes me with the brutus armor.I replayed the scene were Ezio places the Apple for desmond with the armor of Altair on and immedeatly switched to brutus!I was just thinking WTF!