PDA

View Full Version : Jupiter or Venus?

RzaRecta357
07-16-2011, 08:56 AM
So, I know most people think it'll be Jupiter in the next game. I'm thinking it'll be venus.

Spoilers I guess.

The new project legacy stuff....one of the memories mentions Juno, Minerva and Venus.

During the comics when Nikolai/Daniel see all things at once. He sees Juno, Minerva and another woman.

I figured this other woman was a placeholder so we wouldn't see Jupiter. But after project legacy...I'm not so sure.

RzaRecta357
07-16-2011, 08:56 AM
So, I know most people think it'll be Jupiter in the next game. I'm thinking it'll be venus.

Spoilers I guess.

The new project legacy stuff....one of the memories mentions Juno, Minerva and Venus.

During the comics when Nikolai/Daniel see all things at once. He sees Juno, Minerva and another woman.

I figured this other woman was a placeholder so we wouldn't see Jupiter. But after project legacy...I'm not so sure.

Artemis88
07-16-2011, 09:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So, I know most people think it'll be Jupiter in the next game. I'm thinking it'll be venus.

Spoilers I guess.

I figured this other woman was a placeholder so we wouldn't see Jupiter. But after project legacy...I'm not so sure. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I thought and put down in this thread: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...041015639#7041015639 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4561058439?r=7041015639#7041015639)

Weren't they the reason why the Trojan War was started?

As for their formals -
MINERVA (Athena)
VENUS (Aphrodite)
JUNO (Hera)

CRUDFACE
07-16-2011, 09:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Artemis88:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So, I know most people think it'll be Jupiter in the next game. I'm thinking it'll be venus.

Spoilers I guess.

I figured this other woman was a placeholder so we wouldn't see Jupiter. But after project legacy...I'm not so sure. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I thought and put down in this thread: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...041015639#7041015639 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4561058439?r=7041015639#7041015639)

Weren't they the reason why the Trojan War was started?

As for their formals -
MINERVA (Athena)
VENUS (Aphrodite)
JUNO (Hera) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I changed over to believing that she might be the one instead of Zeus in like two other threads to. But yeah, all three goddess had a tournament to see who was the most beautiful as judged by Paris. They all, naturally, tried to bribe him, and Aphrodite was picked, giving him Helen and sparking the war. Funny enough, she won the GOLDEN APPLE.

I'd still prefer the king of the gods to their ultimate ***** instead...Zeus fit the bill so awesomely in the Ac series.

LightRey
07-16-2011, 09:54 AM
Jupiter makes no sense. The Capitoline Triad has barely any mythological significance and Venus just has so much more to do with the story, especially since this particular myth has actually been mentioned by Al Mualim when he talked about the apple.

twenty_glyphs
07-16-2011, 12:01 PM
Jupiter makes sense because he was the leader of the gods. He also makes sense because Minerva mentioned others when Ezio first entered the Vault, and she only mentioned Juno and Jupiter. I agree that the third goddess seen in The Fall's vision is almost certainly Venus, but I have no clue who will give the next message, if anyone will. It could be Venus, but that seems odd to me. She seems to be the least important of the 3 goddesses that Paris judged. There's also the possibility that we will see Venus in Revelations and then Jupiter in Assassin's Creed 3. I'd also note that Venus has only been mentioned in the side stories so far and never in the main games, where Jupiter was at least mentioned by Minerva in AC2.

CRUDFACE
07-16-2011, 03:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
Jupiter makes no sense. The Capitoline Triad has barely any mythological significance and Venus just has so much more to do with the story, especially since this particular myth has actually been mentioned by Al Mualim when he talked about the apple. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah, what started the Trojan war, right? But, look at the post above mine, they prepared us for Juno, but Aphrodite was more like they pulled her from nowhere. When I mean nowhere, I mean no mentioning or sayings beforehand...except all of the things outside the major game installments.

Artemis88
07-16-2011, 03:36 PM
LightRey does have a point about the Capitoline Triad though as Mars and Quirinus ruled alongside Jupiter before Minerva and Juno took their places.

Did notice this on Wikipedia (Don't know if it has any significance):

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">When Hadrian built Aelia Capitolina on the site of Jerusalem, a temple to Jupiter Capitolinus was erected in the place of the destroyed Temple in Jerusalem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did have a small possible leading-to-a-dead-end question- just for a moment think of Jupiter as the 3rd God we encounter, what revelation would a 'Sky father/god' have to give?

EDIT (Didn't want to double post)

Looking up the etymology of Venus/Aphrodite (and gathering together whatever makes sense), I've got 'risen from the foam (ocean)' or 'foam arisen'

So if Venus was the 3rd God we encounter, what revelation would she have for us?

ThaWhistle
07-16-2011, 04:04 PM
the capitoline triad makes perfect sense as they were the only three of the roman gods mentioned by minerva.

And she only mentioned the roman and etruscan names for them, not the greek ones. That is likely significant. I fully expect Jupiter, but with constantinople being just a short distance from where the trojan war happened, who knows what will happen.

LightRey
07-16-2011, 05:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Artemis88:
So if Venus was the 3rd God we encounter, what revelation would she have for us? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
A sexy one.

breedlove94
07-17-2011, 05:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Artemis88:
So if Venus was the 3rd God we encounter, what revelation would she have for us?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> A sexy one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> haha yes! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

CRUDFACE
07-17-2011, 06:51 PM
She's gonna be an a-hole about it...not Juno A-hole style, like she's going to work around the answer instead of just giving it to us. Play around with us, yah know?

LightRey
07-18-2011, 05:43 AM
I just realized something. Venus is basically the goddess of love, and at the end of ACB Juno says all this stuff about "finding Eve" and then Desmond is forced to stab Lucy, who he seemed to be romantically interested in. All this stuff seems to have something to do with love, so maybe that's what Venus will be going on about.

CRUDFACE
07-18-2011, 06:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
I just realized something. Venus is basically the goddess of love, and at the end of ACB Juno says all this stuff about "finding Eve" and then Desmond is forced to stab Lucy, who he seemed to be romantically interested in. All this stuff seems to have something to do with love, so maybe that's what Venus will be going on about. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought that was because out of the three, Desmond liked Lucy the most,lol. Like if he stabbed shaun he'd be like oops instead of full on coma.

I kinda thought he would have to use the extra strength of the black room to access an extra old memory to when Eve was alive?

Artemis88
07-18-2011, 06:28 AM
I just realized something. Venus is basically the goddess of love, and at the end of ACB Juno says all this stuff about "finding Eve" and then Desmond is forced to stab Lucy, who he seemed to be romantically interested in. All this stuff seems to have something to do with love, so maybe that's what Venus will be going on about. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was thinking something ever so similar the other night.

Juno did talk about there needing to be 'balance' - think back to when Athena, Aphrodite and Hera fought over the Apple. They resorted to bribery, with wisdom and skills for battle, political power and control of a land or the love of a beautiful women (Helen of Sparta).

Only in bribing Paris did it seem fair to them as they were all doing it. But it wasn't, because Aphrodite (Venus) spoke of giving him something that didn't involve having to use copious amounts of knowledge in this case having wisdom and skills or political power (and in that day and age, who didn't want a lovely lady by their side?)

She would have been the black sheep of the trio, and possibly linked to what Juno said- "the cross darkens the horizon"

I could just be spurting complete and utter nonsense but it's just my take on it.

Also what about Eris or the other name she goes by - Discord? She was the one who threw the Golden Apple, starting the fight between the 3 ladies.

CRUDFACE
07-18-2011, 07:03 AM

I was thinking something ever so similar the other night.

Juno did talk about there needing to be 'balance' - think back to when Athena, Aphrodite and Hera fought over the Apple. They resorted to bribery, with wisdom and skills for battle, political power and control of a land or the love of a beautiful women (Helen of Sparta).

Only in bribing Paris did it seem fair to them as they were all doing it. But it wasn't, because Aphrodite (Venus) spoke of giving him something that didn't involve having to use copious amounts of knowledge in this case having wisdom and skills or political power (and in that day and age, who didn't want a lovely lady by their side?)

She would have been the black sheep of the trio, and possibly linked to what Juno said- "the cross darkens the horizon"

I could just be spurting complete and utter nonsense but it's just my take on it.

Also what about Eris or the other name she goes by - Discord? She was the one who threw the Golden Apple, starting the fight between the 3 ladies. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, Eris, goddess of discord, right? She threw the golden apple into the fray in order to cause all the commotion in the first place. Lol, they didn't want to invite her because she was discord, and in doing so, she did just that...

But in the old days, and I'm assuming this is before the rise in Christianity, wouldn't the only thing that resembles the cross be the symbol of the hermeticists and the staff that pythagoras used? Their revived order in the modern era is the golden Dawn, which bears a very ornate cross over the hidden cross of the templars.

Artemis88
07-18-2011, 07:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z: Oh, Eris, goddess of discord, right? She threw the golden apple into the fray in order to cause all the commotion in the first place. Lol, they didn't want to invite her because she was discord, and in doing so, she did just that...

But in the old days, and I'm assuming this is before the rise in Christianity, wouldn't the only thing that resembles the cross be the symbol of the hermeticists and the staff that pythagoras used? Their revived order in the modern era is the golden Dawn, which bears a very ornate cross over the hidden cross of the templars. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think Pythagoras used this symbol:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/57/Caduceus.svg/200px-Caduceus.svg.png

It was used by Hermes and had been misinterpreted as a symbol regarding medicine.

Artemis88
07-18-2011, 08:03 AM
Sorry for the double post!!

The Golden Dawn hermeticists use this one:

http://hermeticgoldendawn.easycgi.com/color1.gif

However, they don't have a direct lineage from the original order of hermeticists. They only promote the teachings from the old order to preserve hermetic knowledge.

CRUDFACE
07-18-2011, 08:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z: Oh, Eris, goddess of discord, right? She threw the golden apple into the fray in order to cause all the commotion in the first place. Lol, they didn't want to invite her because she was discord, and in doing so, she did just that...

But in the old days, and I'm assuming this is before the rise in Christianity, wouldn't the only thing that resembles the cross be the symbol of the hermeticists and the staff that pythagoras used? Their revived order in the modern era is the golden Dawn, which bears a very ornate cross over the hidden cross of the templars. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think Pythagoras used this symbol:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/57/Caduceus.svg/200px-Caduceus.svg.png

It was used by Hermes and had been misinterpreted as a symbol regarding medicine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That one, right there! The staff that he used was just like that one according to project legacy. It even gave him an organic golden leg to boot. forgot to mention this in the above post, but the templars control the hermetic order.

mrbrandonette
07-18-2011, 04:00 PM
Just wanted to re-state the fact that I'm pretty sure it's gonna be Jupiter. That one message said, "Three messages delivered. The greeting, the warning, and the revelation." I'm pretty sure that Ubi would use the king of Gods to deliver an epic revelation instead of Venus. Venus is just the goddess of love and not as important. Jupiter is the most famous and he's also associated with the Eagle. It's plausible that Ubi would have Jupiter be the one that made the first assassins from all his lovin' with the mortals. I'd bet my bottom dollar that he's gonna be the one in it and he'll play a big part. Maybe he helps with the Nexus. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

LightRey
07-18-2011, 04:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mrbrandonette:
Just wanted to re-state the fact that I'm pretty sure it's gonna be Jupiter. That one message said, "Three messages delivered. The greeting, the warning, and the revelation." I'm pretty sure that Ubi would use the king of Gods to deliver an epic revelation instead of Venus. Venus is just the goddess of love and not as important. Jupiter is the most famous and he's also associated with the Eagle. It's plausible that Ubi would have Jupiter be the one that made the first assassins from all his lovin' with the mortals. I'd bet my bottom dollar that he's gonna be the one in it and he'll play a big part. Maybe he helps with the Nexus. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I doubt it. Fairly little of the myths concerning Jupiter have anything to do with objects or events similar to any of the PoE's or their effect. Moreover, the only real link there appears to be aside that he's a Roman god is the Capitoline Triad, which is a really pathetic link compared to the one Venus has.

CRUDFACE
07-18-2011, 04:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mrbrandonette:
Just wanted to re-state the fact that I'm pretty sure it's gonna be Jupiter. That one message said, "Three messages delivered. The greeting, the warning, and the revelation." I'm pretty sure that Ubi would use the king of Gods to deliver an epic revelation instead of Venus. Venus is just the goddess of love and not as important. Jupiter is the most famous and he's also associated with the Eagle. It's plausible that Ubi would have Jupiter be the one that made the first assassins from all his lovin' with the mortals. I'd bet my bottom dollar that he's gonna be the one in it and he'll play a big part. Maybe he helps with the Nexus. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I doubt it. Fairly little of the myths concerning Jupiter have anything to do with objects or events similar to any of the PoE's or their effect. Moreover, the only real link there appears to be aside that he's a Roman god is the Capitoline Triad, which is a really pathetic link compared to the one Venus has. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I always thought him more in line with info concerning the assassins themselves over the POE's everyone is trying to claim.

LightRey
07-18-2011, 06:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:
I doubt it. Fairly little of the myths concerning Jupiter have anything to do with objects or events similar to any of the PoE's or their effect. Moreover, the only real link there appears to be aside that he's a Roman god is the Capitoline Triad, which is a really pathetic link compared to the one Venus has. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I always thought him more in line with info concerning the assassins themselves over the POE's everyone is trying to claim. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
any specifics?

CRUDFACE
07-18-2011, 06:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:

I always thought him more in line with info concerning the assassins themselves over the POE's everyone is trying to claim. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
any specifics? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

-Eagle theme, such as Eagle vision/beaks
-known for fathering the most demi gods, which can translate into the hybrids of the AC series
-commanded hephaestus to make mythical items and such= pieces of eden
-When his children did good and made him proud he rewarded with godhood (supernatural gifts) like eagle sense
-Calamity from the sky, he's the god of said sky, lol
-his name, well one of his epithets is to call forth celestial omens, foretelling the disasters
-out of all the gods, he interacted with us the most

His mentioning by Minerva was a nice ploy to lure us into thinking it was him, but that was besides the point.

LightRey
07-18-2011, 07:02 PM

-known for fathering the most demi gods, which can translate into the hybrids of the AC series
-When his children did good and made him proud he rewarded with godhood (supernatural gifts) like eagle sense
-his name, well one of his epithets is to call forth celestial omens, foretelling the disasters

His mentioning by Minerva was a nice ploy to lure us into thinking it was him, but that was besides the point. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Good points. I'm not saying he won't be featured or referred to btw. I just don't think he'll be the next one speaking to Ezio/Desmond.
The eagle theme intrigues me though. Regardless of his direct significance he might be responsible for the human/TWCB hybrids.

CRUDFACE
07-19-2011, 07:19 AM

His mentioning by Minerva was a nice ploy to lure us into thinking it was him, but that was besides the point. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Good points. I'm not saying he won't be featured or referred to btw. I just don't think he'll be the next one speaking to Ezio/Desmond.
The eagle theme intrigues me though. Regardless of his direct significance he might be responsible for the human/TWCB hybrids. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, that's how I'm taking it right now. He might turn up some time later or not at all, but he's there if they want to use him, lol

Black_Widow9
07-19-2011, 01:09 PM
Please stop with the Quote Pyramids.

CRUDFACE
07-19-2011, 01:48 PM
Sorry,lol, stuck in the moment, yah know?