PDA

View Full Version : PF WAR

Ironman187
09-07-2007, 02:30 PM
I have an idea for a PF, or IL2 WAR completely controled by humans. All air and ground tasking would be done by humans. There are two (2) things I need to be able to do this properly. I need to be able to save a mission exactly as it is when it is completed. I need this so the completed misssion can be modified. Each side would gain intel on what the other is doing, change its' tactics to counter the other. Changes would be have to be combined from two (2) missions into one (1). Niether side will have access to any intel from the mission about to be flown, only from the previously flown mission.
The other thing I need is a simple way to combine two (2) missions into one (1).
Please don't confuse "saving a track" with "saving a missoin". I want to be able to go into full mission builder, file, load, and be able to load the last missoin flown in the "WAR". I want to be able to take the missons submitted by the red, and blue side, point and click them into one mission, "WAR2", and then fly that mission online.
If these two wishes can be granted by the UBIsoft gods, think of the possibilities.

Ironman

Ironman187
09-07-2007, 02:30 PM
I have an idea for a PF, or IL2 WAR completely controled by humans. All air and ground tasking would be done by humans. There are two (2) things I need to be able to do this properly. I need to be able to save a mission exactly as it is when it is completed. I need this so the completed misssion can be modified. Each side would gain intel on what the other is doing, change its' tactics to counter the other. Changes would be have to be combined from two (2) missions into one (1). Niether side will have access to any intel from the mission about to be flown, only from the previously flown mission.
The other thing I need is a simple way to combine two (2) missions into one (1).
Please don't confuse "saving a track" with "saving a missoin". I want to be able to go into full mission builder, file, load, and be able to load the last missoin flown in the "WAR". I want to be able to take the missons submitted by the red, and blue side, point and click them into one mission, "WAR2", and then fly that mission online.
If these two wishes can be granted by the UBIsoft gods, think of the possibilities.

Ironman

NHawk52
09-07-2007, 08:11 PM
1> Can it be done? Yes
2> Will it be "easy"? No

Like a "dynamic campaign" that is progressively designed manually. I'm not sure where you'd get a "save" of the completed mission(s), but the rest is rather staightforward. You'll need at least 2 FMB's, one for each "side" and at least one neutral or trusted compiler.

The simplest outline would be something like this: You'll start with a fully populated map template containing all airfields, facilities, logistics, etc. (that'll likely be the biggest time commitment of the project.) Once the full map template is completed, the opposing S-2s would plan and map out their mission onto their copy of the base template. Then the compiler would take both sides' xxx.mis files and, using Notepad, combine the two into one Co-op mission format. After the Co-op is flown, the S-2s/FMBs would apply the damages, destructions, and losses to the original base template. Then they would plot their next mission based on the successes/failures of the previous flight(s).

Sounds a lot "easier" than the reality of it, but you're right - the possibilities are great! If you really get into it, give me a buzz. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Ciapka_69.GIAP
09-07-2007, 11:59 PM
This all sounds very similar to SEOW (Scorched Earth Online War).

http://seow.sourceforge.net/

Ironman187
09-08-2007, 08:30 AM
I know the save mission thing is possible. Falcon 4.0 Allied Force has it. A very simple war would be possible if PF/IL2 was save mission capable. Transfering data from one mission to another is tedious in a simple war, but without being "save mission" capable, impossible. We need a patch to give us this capability. OH, merciful UBI help us in our hour of need. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Skunk_438RCAF
09-08-2007, 09:49 AM
The development of this series is coming to a halt, so your wish will most likely go ungranted.