PDA

View Full Version : can someone awnser this???????

raeed7777
04-17-2010, 02:50 AM
hi.
i already finished the game but one last question about it and the previous version
how do animus work and does it work?

raeed7777
04-17-2010, 02:50 AM
hi.
i already finished the game but one last question about it and the previous version
how do animus work and does it work?

Xanatos2007
04-17-2010, 03:01 AM
The Animus uses this technology. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3RqDp7i308)

Astrotoy7
04-17-2010, 06:20 AM
I heard it's powered by Unicorn tears

A7

jimbo11235813
04-17-2010, 10:18 AM
This is my theory of how the animus works. Being fictional, its impossible to say how it really works (in the AC world).

Simply, the animus has the ability to project the memories of the ancestors of the person lying/sitting in the machine by looking at the DNA containing the 'genetic memory'.

This Genetic Memory is based on the fact that animals are able to perform actions with no prior learning, such as migration, known to most as 'Animal instinct'. With this in mind, we know that half of our DNA is passed onto our children (half from the mother and half from the father). This is a problem for the theory. I think in order to make this possible, Abstergo may be in charge of all scientific research, they prevent the public from knowing about a memory chromosome that is passed on and spliced with the other parent memory chromosome when the egg in fertilised. However, if the memory chromosome is true (in the AC world), then this means that it is really the genes that control their actions as they are 'remembering' what their ancestors did. They don't truly remember, but their actions are strongly influenced by it.

Now looking at humans in real life. It has been an endless debate by psychologists and geneticists (and others) about whether our behaviour is determined by Nature (genes) or Nurture (environment). But many scientists believe that it is both because many genes are only expressed (read, translated and chemical made from it; nature) when the cell is exposed to another chemical or signal (nurture). This means that there shouldn't be a debate, as both Nature and Nurture affect behaviour. Its more complex (and probably inaccurate), but I'm just keeping it simple.

Now in the AC world, we know that A) the subject needs to be alive and present for the animus to access the ancestral memories, B) Humans can't access the ancestral memories without the animus (unless they go through the bleeding effect), and C) DNA is read by the animus to view the memory.
This all means that the Genetic Memory can't be expressed by humans (or at least not enough to see the memories) as they are missing the chemical (e.g. hormone, external signals, etc), but the animus can produce the chemical. Now that the chemical is present, the genes can be read and translated by the humans (not the animus) and then be processed by the brain of the subject.
-This is where the Nature/Nurture comes in again. The brain is able to process the memories accurately allowing the Abstergo to get reliable information because if Nature is in fact a factor in behaviour, then the subject should react similarly to how their ancestors did based on the chemicals made by the genes made possible by the animus.
The animus can then project what the subject is seeing and doing in the memory.

The animus also seems to have other functions, as seen in AC2, like the search function. This seems to be based on the Genetic Memory theory, meaning that ancestors Memory that is passed on must remain intact for generations. If mutations do occur, then it may be like google where it finds DNA that is similar. This can be done accurately as DNA consists of nucleotides; Adenine, Guanine, Cytosine and Thymine (represented usually as A, G, C, T.) If you know the sequence of a gene (e.g. may look like ACGCGCTTAGC... (not a real gene)) then, in theory, you can just compare genes in one strand of DNA with another strand of DNA. If subject 16 and Desmond are related to Ezio's son/daughter (must be same son/daughter), then they both should have the same Genetic Memory of Ezio, making it possible to search Desmond's DNA using 16's DNA (easily recorded in AC world just by writing down the letters of the nucleotides on a database. Would make it easier for finding other subjects for research.)

Long explanation, all theory based on what I've seen from the game and remembered. Was bored and had nothing else to do. Hope this helps. As I'm not a geneticist, so some of this may be a little bit inaccurate, but its my best guess.

Astrotoy7
04-17-2010, 11:50 PM
nice work jimbo http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Genetic memory is definitely the premise they are working on - but I don't think the writers have thought about it any deeper than that.

I have a Health Sciences background and am familiar with basic genetics - the argument for genetic memory for complex interactions is interesting - but as far as humans go - is tenuous at best. Not because it can not exist, but because it is currently extremely difficult for scientists to actually test it in a statistically significant manner.

Hence, it falls into the realm of discussion of cognitive scientists who have been able to get away with unverifiable theories for much longer than medical or pharmacological science have. This is of course changing(as in the DSM-IV-V) but it's still a (long) while away before their evidential foundations approach anywhere near that demanded in standard medical/pharmacological etc research.

We don't have to look to exotic animal behaviours to find some possible indicators for the phenomenon of genetic memory. Babies come out of the womb crying and moving - not something their mum has taught them, but still actions involving complex set of neurchemical/neuroelectrical reactions to produce.

One interesting story this has made me recall was the UK chap who had brain surgery, and awoke from this with artistic ability he previously did not possess. See this for more details, (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1190002/Masterstroke-Man-draw-stickmen-wakes-life-saving-brain-surgery--artist.html)

Another similar case was this fellow (http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-03-25/story/after_brain_surgery_young_man_becomes_portrait_art ist?quicktabs_1=1)

It would be great to know if they had a family history of someone with artistic ability. The other side of the argument is of course that the surgery caused increased activity in the creative side of ones brain, which is a much more scientifically well established phenomenon than genetic memory http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

A7