PDA

View Full Version : Assassinating guards around civilians...how?

Rosh
11-16-2007, 12:08 AM
I may have missed this in another thread, but I did search so I'm sorry if the question has already been posted...

So, basically I'm wondering how you go about killing the guards who taunt the civilians? I don't know precisely where I am in terms of the storyline other than that I'm in Damascus for the second time and am about to kill the next dude there.

Anyways, this is the scenario: I see a citizen that needs rescued and there are 3 guards standing around while 2 push him/her back and forth. I've tried about 10 ways to save the citizen but none of them are very stealthy.
- I've tried running up and quickly assassinating a watching guard, but as soon as I do that the other ones insta-attack me.
- I've tried throwing knives and I can usually get one or two sometimes but again, the entire city looks at me when that happens. This is especially frustrating when I do it from on a rooftop or from very far away yet they somehow know exactly where I am at all times.
- I've tried running in and killing them all...this always works and ultimately is always how I have to go about saving the citizen, but it just doesn't seem right.

As a side note, whenever I walk remotely close (15 feet), the guards turn and look at me and tell me to "move along," etc. They're always watching me...

I'm just wondering if it is actually possible to kill them all or at least 3 or so, quickly, without being bombarded?

Until I get an answer I guess I'm just going to have to keep lolfishin (http://www.lolfish.biz).

Rosh
11-16-2007, 12:08 AM
I may have missed this in another thread, but I did search so I'm sorry if the question has already been posted...

So, basically I'm wondering how you go about killing the guards who taunt the civilians? I don't know precisely where I am in terms of the storyline other than that I'm in Damascus for the second time and am about to kill the next dude there.

Anyways, this is the scenario: I see a citizen that needs rescued and there are 3 guards standing around while 2 push him/her back and forth. I've tried about 10 ways to save the citizen but none of them are very stealthy.
- I've tried running up and quickly assassinating a watching guard, but as soon as I do that the other ones insta-attack me.
- I've tried throwing knives and I can usually get one or two sometimes but again, the entire city looks at me when that happens. This is especially frustrating when I do it from on a rooftop or from very far away yet they somehow know exactly where I am at all times.
- I've tried running in and killing them all...this always works and ultimately is always how I have to go about saving the citizen, but it just doesn't seem right.

As a side note, whenever I walk remotely close (15 feet), the guards turn and look at me and tell me to "move along," etc. They're always watching me...

I'm just wondering if it is actually possible to kill them all or at least 3 or so, quickly, without being bombarded?

Until I get an answer I guess I'm just going to have to keep lolfishin (http://www.lolfish.biz).

psycopath2003
11-16-2007, 12:15 AM
no matter what you will have a fight pretty much from either the harassers or other guards in the close area, i have been able to sometimes walk up and do a low profile assassination to upwards of 2 of them before the rest attack

Zeshal
11-16-2007, 04:00 AM
yea, it's impossible to do the whole citizen rescue completely stealth, the max i've done is taking out 3 guards with the hiddenblade, if you're having problems rescueing civilians because they run away after you killed the guards, then that means you've killed a guard that is not one of the ones that were harassing, but a different guard, sometimes they would run away and you'd end up killing all the guards if you don't run away, and then killing the same guards that respawned around the civilian =P

xekushnr
11-16-2007, 04:10 AM
Im pretty sure the only thing you can do is kill them all. Thats all Ive ever done.