PDA

View Full Version : (360) Pros and Woes - An Opinionated Expression Towards Multiplayer

CourtJestGaming
11-20-2010, 02:35 PM
First and foremost, the opinions stated below are nearly that, opinions that I personally believe in. Whether or not someone else does is entirely up to them and perfectly fine.

Now, I don't pride myself on being an Assassin's Creed mastermind, however I like to think I have a pretty solid past with Online Gaming and Communities so I'm pretty good at what I do and how I do it. With that being said, I'd like to write up a Pro and Woe expression of what I see is good and bad with the Multiplayer experience so far.

Pro's!

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Balance: While the game does have it's quirk, I find that alot of skills are quite balanced and there really is no "Ultimate Weapon" when it boils down to it. A smoke bomb is just as excellent as a Templar's Vision is to someone else. Most skills can be cancelled out or nulled by another, as there is no skill that has no counter. So the balance with that is on par I say.

<LI>Maps: While I do find the maps somewhat small, I feel as if they are just big enough for 8 man matches without having to travel the world just to reach your target. And being a decent size variety of them is also a plus as well.

<LI>Persona's: Need I say more? Ample amount of persona's to be and all neat in their own rights.

<LI>Skill Sets: I love the fact that you have to pick and choose which sets to use, and which skills to use in the sets, as well as being limited to only 2. I feel that it allows for just enough balance so that you aren't truly gimped.[/list]

Now on to the Woes!

Woe's!

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Spawns: The spawns need quite some work. Because of loading times, alot of players don't spawn in the game very fast. Because of this a few things can happen.

1) During the initial loading of the Match, the timer starts to countdown even before people load in the game and/or spawn.

2) After a player is killed, his spawn loading time can also affect him. Alot of times a player will spawn, AFTER a new contract on him is already assigned. This means that by the time the player actually loads in and starts to walk, literally 10 steps into walking he dies.

Quite frankly, there needs to be a spawn freeze timer on Contracts. Have it set to check when a player loads and spawns, then do not assign any given contracts on that person until 10 seconds after nor give them a new target during the same limit. This should be enough time to give a player a chance to load in, while being able to attempt to look for cover or so forth before getting blind sided as soon as they enter.

<LI>Map Glitches: While not too hindering, there are a few glitches out there for some of the maps, that include physic issues it seems, but I'm sure this will be more tuned as time passes.

<LI>HUD Glitch: Plenty of people get this, other cases worse than some. Sometimes the entire HUD goes missing, other times everything but radar, and sometimes it goes glitchy where you can't see any pursuers in the top left corner and so forth. I'm sure this too is already being looked at as well since it's considered a major issue.[/list]

To further elaborate as well on the Spawn timer and so forth, I notice myself that on the character select screen and profile set screen, there is some lag when switching between persona's and skill sets to choose. A minor delay so to speak showing the Persona as you highlight over them. This may be a small cause also in the Spawning into a game after the countdown starts, since the 360 System is still busy loading the prior things as well.

All in all, still a great game to me and I'm glad I purchased it, however the above sums up some issues that I see as of now and wouldn't mind seeing looked into.

Feel free to add on more Woes or Pros if you have a insight to anything you'd like to see make the list as well!

CourtJestGaming
11-20-2010, 02:35 PM
First and foremost, the opinions stated below are nearly that, opinions that I personally believe in. Whether or not someone else does is entirely up to them and perfectly fine.

Now, I don't pride myself on being an Assassin's Creed mastermind, however I like to think I have a pretty solid past with Online Gaming and Communities so I'm pretty good at what I do and how I do it. With that being said, I'd like to write up a Pro and Woe expression of what I see is good and bad with the Multiplayer experience so far.

Pro's!

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Balance: While the game does have it's quirk, I find that alot of skills are quite balanced and there really is no "Ultimate Weapon" when it boils down to it. A smoke bomb is just as excellent as a Templar's Vision is to someone else. Most skills can be cancelled out or nulled by another, as there is no skill that has no counter. So the balance with that is on par I say.

<LI>Maps: While I do find the maps somewhat small, I feel as if they are just big enough for 8 man matches without having to travel the world just to reach your target. And being a decent size variety of them is also a plus as well.

<LI>Persona's: Need I say more? Ample amount of persona's to be and all neat in their own rights.

<LI>Skill Sets: I love the fact that you have to pick and choose which sets to use, and which skills to use in the sets, as well as being limited to only 2. I feel that it allows for just enough balance so that you aren't truly gimped.[/list]

Now on to the Woes!

Woe's!

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Spawns: The spawns need quite some work. Because of loading times, alot of players don't spawn in the game very fast. Because of this a few things can happen.

1) During the initial loading of the Match, the timer starts to countdown even before people load in the game and/or spawn.

2) After a player is killed, his spawn loading time can also affect him. Alot of times a player will spawn, AFTER a new contract on him is already assigned. This means that by the time the player actually loads in and starts to walk, literally 10 steps into walking he dies.

Quite frankly, there needs to be a spawn freeze timer on Contracts. Have it set to check when a player loads and spawns, then do not assign any given contracts on that person until 10 seconds after nor give them a new target during the same limit. This should be enough time to give a player a chance to load in, while being able to attempt to look for cover or so forth before getting blind sided as soon as they enter.

<LI>Map Glitches: While not too hindering, there are a few glitches out there for some of the maps, that include physic issues it seems, but I'm sure this will be more tuned as time passes.

<LI>HUD Glitch: Plenty of people get this, other cases worse than some. Sometimes the entire HUD goes missing, other times everything but radar, and sometimes it goes glitchy where you can't see any pursuers in the top left corner and so forth. I'm sure this too is already being looked at as well since it's considered a major issue.[/list]

To further elaborate as well on the Spawn timer and so forth, I notice myself that on the character select screen and profile set screen, there is some lag when switching between persona's and skill sets to choose. A minor delay so to speak showing the Persona as you highlight over them. This may be a small cause also in the Spawning into a game after the countdown starts, since the 360 System is still busy loading the prior things as well.

All in all, still a great game to me and I'm glad I purchased it, however the above sums up some issues that I see as of now and wouldn't mind seeing looked into.

Feel free to add on more Woes or Pros if you have a insight to anything you'd like to see make the list as well!

TempleO
11-20-2010, 06:43 PM
Model pop in.

I play with friends often and there's been more than one case where a friend has had me for a contract, waltz right up to me, kill me and then have the models for the group of personas I was hiding in pop on screen 3 seconds after I die.

i.e., to them I was standing plainly out in the open when I was actually hiding in a large group.

UnsentSoul
11-20-2010, 07:07 PM
I experience the spawn killing(if thats what we can call it) even though its not technically our pursuers fault we spawn right in front of him. I've been in first place right around 7 mins left in the match. Kill someone, have my pursuer waiting to kill me on a rooftop, spawn walk right into my new pursuer and die 2-3 times in a row. then obviously not in first anymore. It seems impossible to walk out with a possitive k/d at the end of the night.