PDA

View Full Version : Quest for Aircraft Info

e2michaelb
06-03-2005, 06:27 PM
Are there any reference sources around where I can get short briefings on flight characteristics and preferred combat tactics? There are so many planes I would like to try, but I don't want to have to go through a trial-and-error period of discovering how best to fight in each one of them as I am being shot to pieces time and time again. I finally stumbled into climbing in a P51B to get me out of trouble and into a position to counterattack, at least against the AI 109s and 190s I encounter. Having mastered stall/spin recovery, I sometimes fall back on that to escape a sudden 6-attack, too. I have also found that, like the mags say, one does need to keep one's speed up in a Mustang. The recent threads on fighting low and slow in a Beaufighter were a revelation! Where can I find more stuff like this?

e2michaelb
06-03-2005, 06:27 PM
Are there any reference sources around where I can get short briefings on flight characteristics and preferred combat tactics? There are so many planes I would like to try, but I don't want to have to go through a trial-and-error period of discovering how best to fight in each one of them as I am being shot to pieces time and time again. I finally stumbled into climbing in a P51B to get me out of trouble and into a position to counterattack, at least against the AI 109s and 190s I encounter. Having mastered stall/spin recovery, I sometimes fall back on that to escape a sudden 6-attack, too. I have also found that, like the mags say, one does need to keep one's speed up in a Mustang. The recent threads on fighting low and slow in a Beaufighter were a revelation! Where can I find more stuff like this?

FltLt_HardBall
06-03-2005, 08:01 PM
Try HardBall's Aircraft Viewer (http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/FB/fb_essential_files.htm#014) it's a good place to start for turn times, climb speeds, etc.

e2michaelb
06-04-2005, 02:44 PM
Hardball-

thanks for the info.