PDA

View Full Version : To you MS Force Feedback jockeys a question...

FutureAce
04-14-2005, 08:39 PM
Hey guys just wondering if you use force feedback for the effect and sacrifice some possibly critical precise aiming when you pull the trigger or if you leave it off so you don't lose this accuracy after you open fire. Just want to see where you guys are at.

hamselv2
04-14-2005, 08:59 PM
I use the Microsoft SideWinder Game Controller Software 4.0 (with WinXP Pro) and the force feedback level is set to 'High' (= maximum).
With a forcefeedback setting like that you can feel a bullet hit the plane, and you can feel when you are riding the edge of a stall.
My setting for return-to-center tension is 'Medium'

malkuth
04-14-2005, 09:56 PM
I use My MSFF2 Joystick. Over year ago I bought the Stick, throttle combo. But ended up going back to the MSFF2 stick. Just didnt have the patience to learn all the new buttons, and after using a twist type Rudder for so long. Its tough to go to a Throttle one. Sataik X45. Been sitting in box, side computer for over year now. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif sad.

Sly401RCAF
04-15-2005, 02:56 AM
Malkuth try using both MS FFB2 and the X45... quite a few people plug both set ups in and use the X45 throttle in conjunction with the FFB2

Sly

Bearcat99
04-15-2005, 04:15 AM
I am the pied piper of that set up. It works like a charm. Especally since you have one already. Use the X-45 stick as a button bay. Dont think of learning buttons.. put as many functions as there are on the sticks .. spread them out... after a while it will be second nature.

pacettid
04-15-2005, 04:45 AM
I have a MSFFB2, and a CH products throttle and rudder pedals. This is a great combo, and yes, I keep the FFB on.

I also bought an X45 and promptly returned it to the vendor. IMHO there is no substitute for the FFB2...when it dies I will buy another on eBay.

Flakmutt
04-15-2005, 05:16 AM
I use the original MS Force feedback and even though it is ancient it still has the wood on the FF2!

lucas_valentine
04-15-2005, 07:24 AM
I use a MS SW FFB2 stick and it's the most fantastic stick ever. You don't even need to look at the screen to know when you are about to stall! In answer to the question I have never noticed any difference in accuracy. The stick will make your flight performance so much better that you won't need to be so accurate anyway!

PF_Coastie
04-15-2005, 07:38 AM
Hey guys, If you do not like the stick shaking when you fire your guns, just remove those files from your IL2FB/force feedback folder. Put them in a back-up folder for safe keeping and give it a try! No more shaking stick when firing but you still have the other effects for "on the edge" flying.

Bearcat99
04-15-2005, 05:58 PM
I dont get it.. I just turned off FFB in the FB setup.. no gun shake.. stalls and everything still intact.

cpirrmann
04-15-2005, 07:37 PM
The other part I don't like is the shaking of the stick on the ground especially grass fields and the shaking in bad weather. I fly real planes from grass and concrete strips and while they can be rough, it's nothing like the stick shaking but can be distracting. I know it's probably as close as can be in a sim but I would like to turn off some of the ffb affects. I'll try the suggestions mentioned here.

Bearcat99
04-16-2005, 08:37 AM
I dont get the ground bumps as bad either

Flakenstien
04-16-2005, 09:24 AM
Shutting off FFB in game will also increase your frame rates http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Gull
04-16-2005, 10:53 AM
To get rid of the shaking on take off's I took out the "punch" effect in the IL2FB/force feedback folder. Everything else works fine.

T_O_A_D
04-16-2005, 11:58 AM
Go here http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/IL2_PF/pf_essential_files.htm

Scroll to Joystick Utilities

I mixed and machted what Mantis and blade did. And I have FFb enabled in the game. and Spring tension set on high.

But none of it would of worked with out Bearcatt99 setting me straight.

IL2-chuter
04-16-2005, 06:59 PM
I removed just about everything but flight feedback. In a real plane (been flyin since first logbook entry in 1974) you don't get so much (like a rough field) feedback through the stick, it's through the darn seat. This includes the pre-stall effects for the most part, but what are ya goin to do, eh? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

(Also,any other pilots notice the "stalls" are not stalls as much as no-yaw snap-rolls, still the best of whats available though.)

ChicagoChad
04-17-2005, 11:22 PM
Future Ace, MSFFB2 gun forces can be modified with a program called Force edit or fedit. Jump in Warbirds TS sometime and I'll email it to you.