PDA

View Full Version : They lied to us right on the box!

XyZspineZyX
12-09-2003, 07:11 PM
here's what I wrote to UBI suport:
why is the Geforce4 440 Go not a supported card for this game? It runs all other games flawless, better than my Geforce3 Ti500 on my desktop. It keeps crashing out on me and says to view the readme.txt for support. When are you guys going to release a patch to take of the numerous video card imcompatabilites? (Many more than just the MX cards. I hear of some Radeon troubles also. Hope a patch is in the works and comes out soon.

here's their response:
The GeForce4 440 Go does not have pixel-shading like the game requires, the same way the GeForce4 MX cards do not. You will not be able to play this game under a GeForce4 440 Go, and the game is not designed for a laptop as well.

...I saw nothing on the box requirements about having to run this on a desktop. The box states GeforceMX cards are not supported. I have a 4, yet it's not supported. that's crappy!

XyZspineZyX
12-09-2003, 07:11 PM
here's what I wrote to UBI suport:
why is the Geforce4 440 Go not a supported card for this game? It runs all other games flawless, better than my Geforce3 Ti500 on my desktop. It keeps crashing out on me and says to view the readme.txt for support. When are you guys going to release a patch to take of the numerous video card imcompatabilites? (Many more than just the MX cards. I hear of some Radeon troubles also. Hope a patch is in the works and comes out soon.

here's their response:
The GeForce4 440 Go does not have pixel-shading like the game requires, the same way the GeForce4 MX cards do not. You will not be able to play this game under a GeForce4 440 Go, and the game is not designed for a laptop as well.

...I saw nothing on the box requirements about having to run this on a desktop. The box states GeforceMX cards are not supported. I have a 4, yet it's not supported. that's crappy!

XyZspineZyX
12-09-2003, 07:35 PM
im in the same boat.. i think its odd a geforce3 will play this yet not a geforce4MX. its odd the the first thing you read on video requirements is :
GEFORCE 3 and HIGHER.(Deceptive just a little). its also odd that they couldnt have written something in their software to disable these "shaders and ect" from within the game options. i could be wrong but i believe the geforce4MX is probably the most common/popular graphics cards on the market today (not THE "best" but the most "common") and im betting it will be a 3rd party person that creates a fix for this before or if UBISOFT ever does...

sorry,

XyZspineZyX
12-09-2003, 08:43 PM
The Geforce 440 was not made for gaming, and it was never intended for gaming. They aren't going to make a poor quality game for the few people, and have the rest suffer. There will be no patch for the 440. Laptops really aren't meant for gaming either as they do not have the cooling capabilities that most bigger games require. they also lack the processing power. All games have a limit to what cards they will support, and it will only get more advanced as the years move on.

<center> http://home.insightbb.com/~jbullock/POOP2.gif
<font color=#DD0000>[b]<font size=#3.5>
Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia Moderator
<font size=#2.5>

http://www.pcgamessource.com
<font color=#000000>