PDA

View Full Version : ATI Cat. Control Panel Settings

blankenship
12-23-2004, 10:37 AM
I would really appreciate it if someone could shed some light on the ATI Cat. Control Panel settings. For optimal performance and to minimize graphic bugs, or to improve graphic quality without costing too many fps, how should things in the 3D tab be set like Anti-Aliasing, Anisotropic Filtering, Open GL, 24-bit Z and Direct 3D? You get the idea.

DarkCanuck420
12-23-2004, 11:38 AM
it really depends on your system you will have to fiddle with it alot.
for me i have a: p4 2.8, 1gig ram, 9800pro, and an on board sound card.

my settings are: standard settings @ high quality, anti @ 2, anis: @ 8, cat AI @ advanced, minimap detail @ high quality, trueform @ app pref (idont know if it supports it),

use openGl for PF and an ATI card (this is what i hear) make sure you get the new drivers 4.12.
i run completly smooth no slowdowns. even running at 8x speed with autopilot its smooth. you might want to tone down the Sound settings espically if you have an on board like me.
----------------------------------------------
one problem that i have if anyone can help is that my cat setting wont do what i tell them. i turn up the setting save them and when i go back the have gone back down. i made a profile for pf but the standard setting keeps going down to custom:high performance. that almost the complete oposite of what i want...
Help if you can! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif
================================================

blankenship
12-23-2004, 07:21 PM
Thanks for your reply

My system is p4 3.2, 1gig ram, X800pci-e, and an on board sound card.

DarkCanuck420
12-23-2004, 09:27 PM
You can pretty much have everything at max. start from there do a quick mission put as many planes in as possible check the fps. if there is slow down turn it down a bit. since you have a higher end rig you can do the top down instead of a bottom up like a lower end comp.
i think there are more settings, like water trees, and sharks (jk)you can adjust in the .cfg file its in the readme or you can find it in these forums somewhere.
================================================

tsisqua
12-24-2004, 08:01 AM
http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/coastie0/IL2setup.html

Tsisqua

AFJ_Locust
12-24-2004, 03:32 PM
Use 1280x960 Resolution & turn off all that ****
Works great for me