PDA

View Full Version : double agents

Psycho_ramsfan
08-18-2009, 02:59 AM
first off, AC rocks !!!

i've just pre-ordered AC2 on amazon and i'm gonna dig out my AC1 DVD again to play it through again later today,

but first, here's a suggestion of something i'd quite like to see in the game (if this has already been suggested or is actually in the game - sorry, couldn't find the search-funtion in this forum)

- you do your re-search, and if you ask the wrong people (like monks or other assassins (people you do not normally kill after they've given you information)), there would be 3 possible scenarios:
1) everything is fine (good informant)
2) double agent type 1: gives you false information and warns your target, making him harder to get because the guards in the city are on alert & he surrounds himself with more security and avoids certain locations
3) double agent type 2: sets up a trap for you - city-guards are not alerted though - but when you try to move in for the kill (like an air-attack from behind), you kill a straw-dummy instead of your real target and you first have to fight your way through a couple of extra-guards (that have been waiting for you) in order to annihilate your target

and in case you fell victim to a double agent, you could take care of the double agent right after you've taken out your main target (as part of the assassination-mission - or for bonus-points)

this would prolong the assassination-missions (which would be great since those were the best parts in AC1) and even bring a little bit more excitement to the research-part

PS: sorry about my bad english - i'm from austria

Psycho_ramsfan
08-18-2009, 02:59 AM
first off, AC rocks !!!

i've just pre-ordered AC2 on amazon and i'm gonna dig out my AC1 DVD again to play it through again later today,

but first, here's a suggestion of something i'd quite like to see in the game (if this has already been suggested or is actually in the game - sorry, couldn't find the search-funtion in this forum)

- you do your re-search, and if you ask the wrong people (like monks or other assassins (people you do not normally kill after they've given you information)), there would be 3 possible scenarios:
1) everything is fine (good informant)
2) double agent type 1: gives you false information and warns your target, making him harder to get because the guards in the city are on alert & he surrounds himself with more security and avoids certain locations
3) double agent type 2: sets up a trap for you - city-guards are not alerted though - but when you try to move in for the kill (like an air-attack from behind), you kill a straw-dummy instead of your real target and you first have to fight your way through a couple of extra-guards (that have been waiting for you) in order to annihilate your target

and in case you fell victim to a double agent, you could take care of the double agent right after you've taken out your main target (as part of the assassination-mission - or for bonus-points)

this would prolong the assassination-missions (which would be great since those were the best parts in AC1) and even bring a little bit more excitement to the research-part

PS: sorry about my bad english - i'm from austria

Xanatos2007
08-18-2009, 03:05 AM
Welcome to the forums, feel free to browse at your leisure and share your ideas and opinions. And make sure to use the 'Find' button before making new threads to make sure the topic hasn't been discussed before (an increasingly annoying mistake).

But this thread's fine, I like your idea. I agree that the assassinations were too short and I like the idea of having double agents (maybe even on your side?). It might be a bit late in development to add this feature, but it seems a likely possibility for Assassin's Creed III.

Azugo
08-18-2009, 03:12 AM
Welcome to the forums!

That's not a bad idea. Except I don't like the straw-man idea. I'd prefer if you just had random people dress up as your assassination target. Or to have more guards come at you.

And don't worry about your English. It's pretty good, mate.

godsmack_darius
08-18-2009, 03:51 AM
What about infiltrating your targets personal guard (like in splinter cell double agent, he grows within the JBA's ranks to get closer yo his target and information)

Azugo
08-18-2009, 04:14 AM
That's not very assassin-like though, godsmack_darius. Oh well, each to their own opinion. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Edengoth
08-19-2009, 10:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
It might be a bit late in development to add this feature, but it seems a likely possibility for Assassin's Creed III. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, this might be there already. If I were making the game, I'd wanna keep that aspect a surprise to the player, so it's possibly in there and no one's released anything about it yet lol.