PDA

View Full Version : Ezio's look...

Sparty2020
09-23-2010, 05:45 PM
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100708175958/assassinscreed/images/thumb/4/46/Assassins-creed-brotherhood-20100614064141263.jpg/233px-Assassins-creed-brotherhood-20100614064141263.jpg Personally I love it. The armor is reduced and the robes look less flamboyant. It's very basic and very Spartan yet gives off that sense of dread and fear I never felt from his original look.

ACfreak357
09-23-2010, 05:48 PM
When I first saw his new outfit on the first Brotherhood trailer where cesare and the pope are in the chariot and Ezio and his Brotherhood attack him........I thought it was Altairs outfit but then I found out it wasnt but it kinda resembles doesnt it?

Sparty2020
09-23-2010, 05:59 PM
Yeah, I love it. I hope the outfit design remains a constant staple of the series. White robes are for everyone from novice to master assassins while black are for the Grand Master of the Order. I hope the next ancestor wears a variation of Altair's/Ezio's robes and then gets some black robes right near the ending when he becomes the "Grand Master".

EzioAssassin51
09-23-2010, 06:37 PM
I really like it IMO!

But just to let you know, there is an existing thread on this around somewhere...

NewBlade200
09-23-2010, 06:40 PM
Mr. Shade, I summon you from wherever you are! Do somthing with this thread!... now we wait http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

RangerRico
09-23-2010, 09:53 PM
He will have armor though. I shows him with some kind of torso armor in burn my shadows away when hes jumping on the columns in the colesium at about 1:10, and in some of the fight scenes. I dont know if that will change your oppinion or not, but hopefully you'll get the option to not wear armor, unlike in AC2.

extrememuffin
09-24-2010, 08:43 AM
^he is wearing armor in that picture

Sparty2020
09-24-2010, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by NewBlade200:
Mr. Shade, I summon you from wherever you are! Do somthing with this thread!... now we wait http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif Hmm... either necroposting or asking something that isn't in the first 7 pages anyway. I dunno man, which one do you think it the smartest move? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

AubreyWilborn
09-24-2010, 03:58 PM
Ezio's look is certainly badass. For the most part.

However, there is ONE THING that bugs me abous his look in Brotherhood. You guys will probably think I'm an anal-retentive idiot... but I can't get over his hair. I dunno why they chose to give him long hair, in basically the same hairstlye he has at the beginning of AC2.

I was hoping they'd give him a short-cropped hairstyle or make him balding, in order to convey a greater sense of grittiness and edginess that would come with being a 40-year old assasin. He looks way too young, not like a forty year old at all. That's just my opinion, though, lol.

BK-110
09-24-2010, 04:40 PM
He looks his age if you ask me. Hair isn't everything, you know. Besides, his father had long hair as well.

phil.llllll
09-24-2010, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by AubreyWilborn:

However, there is ONE THING that bugs me abous his look in Brotherhood. You guys will probably think I'm an anal-retentive idiot... but I can't get over his hair. I dunno why they chose to give him long hair, in basically the same hairstlye he has at the beginning of AC2.

I was hoping they'd give him a short-cropped hairstyle or make him balding, in order to convey a greater sense of grittiness and edginess that would come with being a 40-year old assasin. He looks way too young, not like a forty year old at all. That's just my opinion, though, lol.

It would've been nice but I'm guessing they did just to keep the work load down. Probably the same reason all the other models are the same throughout the game - same clothes and all. Mario does look a bit different at the beginning of Brotherhood so I wonder if they updated Leo at all? But yeah it does look a little strange since he doesn't really look like he aged at all from 17 - 40; in fact, I'd wager the only thing different that they did with the model throughout all of AC2 was give him the new face texture towards the end - which I guess makes him look a bit older. Still it doesn't look like 17 - 40.

NewBlade200
09-24-2010, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Sparty2020:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NewBlade200:
Mr. Shade, I summon you from wherever you are! Do somthing with this thread!... now we wait http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif Hmm... either necroposting or asking something that isn't in the first 7 pages anyway. I dunno man, which one do you think it the smartest move? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>i think hes watching us right now... dont look that will only make him mad! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
^ezio seems to have wrinkles on his forhead on the e3 demo

P3rsianPrincess
09-27-2010, 03:07 PM

LOL. nahhh man, good point, but balding hair is not sexy xD
i need to see some lovely flowing locks not peach fuzz :3

rain89c
09-27-2010, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Sparty2020:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100708175958/assassinscreed/images/thumb/4/46/Assassins-creed-brotherhood-20100614064141263.jpg/233px-Assassins-creed-brotherhood-20100614064141263.jpg Personally I love it. The armor is reduced and the robes look less flamboyant. It's very basic and very Spartan yet gives off that sense of dread and fear I never felt from his original look.
assassins never resembled spartans 1 bit...
dont understand what you mean by that.
assassins in ac uses lots of sneaky, quick, acrobatic moves and retreats when in danger.
while spartans uses a lot of brute force and favors honor, they dont like to run off if about to lose a battle, they fight to the death.
spartans like to go nake in battle, while assassins covered pretty much 95% of their body.
and for the new look, definitely looks better than his italian style costume, it looks way more assassinish now, resembles altair.

AubreyWilborn
09-27-2010, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by rain89c:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sparty2020:
assassins in ac uses lots of sneaky, quick, acrobatic moves and retreats when in danger.
while spartans uses a lot of brute force and favors honor, they dont like to run off if about to lose a battle, they fight to the death.
spartans like to go nake in battle, while assassins covered pretty much 95% of their body.
and for the new look, definitely looks better than his italian style costume, it looks way more assassinish now, resembles altair. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol-when he said Ezio's costume looks "Spartan", he meant that word as an adjective. He wasn't talking about the actual Spartans. The word "Spartan" can be used as an adjective to describe something that is harsh and basic. The word "Spartan" means not flashy or flamboyant; something that is functional and rugged. All of these words describe Ezio's new outfit, as it does look more functional than his old one.

Oh- and the real, historical Spartans NEVER went naked into battle. They wore bronze armor. Sorry, I'm a history fanatic.

rain89c
09-27-2010, 10:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rain89c:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sparty2020:
and for the new look, definitely looks better than his italian style costume, it looks way more assassinish now, resembles altair. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol-when he said Ezio's costume looks "Spartan", he meant that word as an adjective. He wasn't talking about the actual Spartans. The word "Spartan" can be used as an adjective to describe something that is harsh and basic. The word "Spartan" means not flashy or flamboyant; something that is functional and rugged. All of these words describe Ezio's new outfit, as it does look more functional than his old one.

Oh- and the real, historical Spartans NEVER went naked into battle. They wore bronze armor. Sorry, I'm a history fanatic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
lol, i read somewhere that spartans trained in the nude. so i assumed they went to battle with only 5% of their body covered.

RandomRansom
09-28-2010, 01:42 AM

Oh- and the real, historical Spartans NEVER went naked into battle. They wore bronze armor. Sorry, I'm a history fanatic.

Nice to know I'm not the only history buff. I think the major idea of half-naked Spartans came from the graphic novel and movie. Ugh, if that's the main form of historical education these days. I guess I can't blame people for being polarized by all types of media.

NewBlade200
09-28-2010, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by rain89c:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AubreyWilborn:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rain89c:

Oh- and the real, historical Spartans NEVER went naked into battle. They wore bronze armor. Sorry, I'm a history fanatic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
lol, i read somewhere that spartans trained in the nude. so i assumed they went to battle with only 5% of their body covered. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>i dont know if they trained in the nude. for a large period of history, nakedness was a symbol of power. so paitings and frescos would show the spartans training with very little clothes. i may be getting the spartans and romans mixed up though.

AubreyWilborn
09-28-2010, 06:08 PM
The Spartans DID do their physical training in the nude. But physically training is a little different that actual combat. When he went into combat, the Spartan hoplite wore roughly the same amount of gear as a modern infantryman: sixty pounds, or more. He had a heavy bronze helmet, a bronze breastplate, bronze greaves, his spear, sword and his big ol' shield.

A real Spartan probably would have laughed at the actors from 300, flaunting their abs and trying to look good during combat. As someone else said, don't confuse that movie, or the comic book with actual HISTORY. Read a book if you want the real story.

darkheartxx
09-28-2010, 06:25 PM
i dont care what he wears really he looks hot in and out of his clothes http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

HannahCrazy
10-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Weeelll... I like the new look, but I loved the old one. The old one was more detailed and sophisticated. This one just looks so simple, which is nice. I like it, I really do. I just like all the old stuff as well (:

beanodad
10-03-2010, 02:04 PM
I think the look is the best in the series so far, in my opinion Altair's was bland, original Ezio's was alright but this looks epic.

It'll look even better with my helmschied( I think that's how you spell it ) drachen armour http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Viper_1227
11-20-2010, 06:01 AM
Well that sucks, depressed to see the poll results. Didn't know I was in such a minority. I really don't like the new outfit. Granted it's not bad by itself, but after what they had in AC2, I don't like it at all. Don't get me wrong, I love the simplistic style of Altair's. I just think that the AC2 outfit was a good interpretation of the classic assassin design mixed with the styles and cloth of the time period. Yes it's fancy, but I don't think it's too eccentric, and the new one just seems like a big step down.

It just looks way too plain, the red collar is so bland and ugly, like there's no texture to it. What I miss most about the old one: the lighter pirate type of shirt you could see from his sleeves, the new material looks so thick, like to the point it would impede mobility, and I think the spiral seam is kinda of silly looking. I also hate the new shoulders, I thought the read pleats on the shoulders and down the main part of the tunic were pretty awesome.

TBH, the shorter tails, namely in the front, kind of bugged me at first. I do like the longer style that is more like what Altair had, if they kept a longer one but put more detail into it and changed the collars, shoulders and sleeves, it would be so much better. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif