PDA

View Full Version : All Your maps sucks belong to us...er? Q-Devs

Jex_TG
04-08-2005, 09:19 AM
Maybe I don't know how it works but surely a zoom in and a zoom out button for the map would have been implemented by now? Or am I alone in finding it one of the most annoying features of the IL series.

Surely someone must have commented on this by now, and if not, perhaps we could see a change implemented in the next release in the series?

Thx.

Jex_TG
04-08-2005, 09:19 AM
Maybe I don't know how it works but surely a zoom in and a zoom out button for the map would have been implemented by now? Or am I alone in finding it one of the most annoying features of the IL series.

Surely someone must have commented on this by now, and if not, perhaps we could see a change implemented in the next release in the series?

Thx.

Equilizer
04-08-2005, 09:20 AM
Right click/Left click on the map.

VF51_Flatspin
04-08-2005, 09:35 AM
Been there from the beginning too.

Jex_TG
04-08-2005, 09:38 AM
Only right click works for me. Left click does nothing - but I think that should be how it works lol, but it doesn't.

Also, how accurate is the map? Is that what it looked like for real pilots? I fo=ind the map one of the biggest let downs in the game - almost as if it was added as an afterthought.

Equilizer
04-08-2005, 09:44 AM
I wasn't sure which click it was, but it only works one way. Zooming out until it reaches min zoom, and then it cycles from max zoom back out.

The map is very accurate, you can use them to navigate by roads, rivers, lakes, forests, towns, etc.

Jex_TG
04-08-2005, 09:53 AM
It's not the accuracy, but the look of it seems funny. However that;'s just a minor gripe, but I would like the devs to consider a zoom in AND a zoom out feature please?

Targ
04-08-2005, 10:05 AM
It has a zoom in and zoom out feature. Has had one from the get go and works well.

Jex_TG
04-08-2005, 10:19 AM
How does it work (or are you talking about having to zoom ALL the way in before zooming ALL the way out)?

If so then that's not what is being discussed here.

Saunders1953
04-08-2005, 12:40 PM
Ummm...all your slider bar along the left-hand side of map are belong to us.

AFJ_Locust
04-08-2005, 01:34 PM
Jex You can right click the map several times to get the size you want then Left click hold & drag to move it around

LEXX_Luthor
04-08-2005, 05:29 PM
And when you need to make fast return to full zoom out view, click anywhere on the left bar and hit Ctrl+Home. Clicking the left bar makes it active for the keyboard after you have been doing other things in FMB.

Treetop64
04-08-2005, 06:48 PM
Right-clicking zooms the map in, but in order to zoom back out you have to keep right-clicking until the map is at maximum zoom. Then continue right-clicking and the map will zoom back out again. The process repeats when you reach minimum zoom.

A bit clumsy, yes, but it gets the job done.

LEXX_Luthor
04-08-2005, 07:51 PM
Also, you can put mouse cursor on the left Zoom Bar and roll the elevator trim...er...mouse wheel...back and forth to zoom around.

VW-IceFire
04-08-2005, 09:29 PM
FMB or ingame? If its in-game, just keep clicking...its never more than 3-4 clicks. Is it really that hard? I found it immensely intuitive when I first started into the game.

Skycat_2
04-09-2005, 01:18 PM
The left mouse button allows you to 'move' the map inside the frame. Hold down the left mouse button while th cursor is on the in-game kneeboard map, then roll your mouse in whatever direction you'd like to move your map.

Blackdog5555
04-09-2005, 01:58 PM
The maps are really dated. they are ok for DF rooms or for just having fun. But, (been posted to death)for example Owen Stanley Range on NG is about 12,000ft in RL and in the games its about 6000ft. All Color is wrong and all topography is wrong. Shape and location of maps are good.. Very very dated IMO. Check out MS2002/MS2004 which has a much better map engine/program and design. I like playing offline so the bad maps have been a huge disapointment.. they will never be fixed unless the there is open code. I have the game for carrier ops which this game is the very best so cr@p maps arent keeping me away. Anyway, the developer doesnt really care about Pacific maps IMO.