PDA

View Full Version : Unreadable Disk? BRAND NEW Assassin's Creed?

tjbyrum1
11-19-2011, 08:37 PM
After 15 hours of hard-work I got paid some cash. Went to Wal-Mart, bought AC Revelations BRAND NEW.

Put it in my XBox, nothing else, only my XBox. Straight from the case to the Console.

Unreadable Disk Error.

What do I do? All other games always work fine, the XBox seems to be running fine.

It has had Red Ring once in his lifetime, being a used XBox since I bought it. I got some fellow to repair it, so I Microsoft will help me out.

tjbyrum1
11-19-2011, 08:37 PM
After 15 hours of hard-work I got paid some cash. Went to Wal-Mart, bought AC Revelations BRAND NEW.

Put it in my XBox, nothing else, only my XBox. Straight from the case to the Console.

Unreadable Disk Error.

What do I do? All other games always work fine, the XBox seems to be running fine.

It has had Red Ring once in his lifetime, being a used XBox since I bought it. I got some fellow to repair it, so I Microsoft will help me out.

Blind2Society
11-19-2011, 08:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tjbyrum1:
What do I do? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Go back to Wal-Mart and return it.

Sarari
11-19-2011, 08:48 PM
Not that easy. Once taken out of the case, can't return it.

Blind2Society
11-19-2011, 08:49 PM
If it's defective of course you can.

LordWolv
11-19-2011, 11:16 PM
Don't blame it on the game yet. Exactly the same thing happened to my Xbox, some time ago. All my games were unreadable, you need to really check your other discs and if they're not readable as well it's the Xbox's fault.

tjbyrum1
11-20-2011, 05:22 AM
All other games work fine except for UFC Undisputed 2010.

Unsure, but I think all my newer games come up as unreadable. Is Microsoft manufacturing these discs wrong or something?

AnthonyA85
11-20-2011, 07:38 AM
Microsoft don't make the discs, only the consoles.

I'm not familiar with xbox 360, but don't they need firmware updates downloaded and installed regularly? I know PS3 do.

IF your ACR disc is unreadable, and it'#s brand new, take it back and exchange it for a new copy, tell what's wrong, and get them to check any replacement they give you before you leave with it.

LightRey
11-20-2011, 07:52 AM
I got the same error when I first tried to play the game, but that was because my (now old) Xbox is dying from the RRoD.

Mr_Shade
11-20-2011, 07:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tjbyrum1:

Unsure, but I think all my newer games come up as unreadable. Is Microsoft manufacturing these discs wrong or something? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Just a thought..

Is your Xbox connected to the Internet/ Xbox live?

MS has changed the way discs are read/ wrote slightly and he was an update for he Xbox released a few months ago to adjust disc reading..

If you Xbox has not been connected or updated in a few months, it may be why..

Unreadable disc errors are also a sign of the disc drive failing in the console, so if you are getting it with other titles, and the console is updated, then you may need to contact Xbox support.

I suggest you connect and update if you haven't or simply return the game to the store, who will replace it.

Faulty discs at time of purchase should be replaced in store.

tjbyrum1
11-20-2011, 08:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Just a thought..

MS has changed the way discs are read/ wrote slightly and he was an update for he Xbox released a few months ago to adjust disc reading..

Unreadable disc errors are also a sign of the disc drive failing in the console, so if you are getting it with other titles, and the console is updated, then you may need to contact Xbox support.

I suggest you connect and update if you haven't or slimy return the game to the store, who will replace it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am connected to XBox Live 24/7, never comes undone. However, for some stupid reason, I tried fixing the problem and deledt something off my XBox Live System Files... shouldn't have I know, probably just dug a deeper hole. Is there a way to check for Updates manually?

I only get the unreadable disc error with:
--Revelations
--UFC 2010
--NCAA 2010

All after the year 2010 or within the year of 2010. I think it is the discs, cause all (EVERY OTHER game I have) games work fine and nothing is wrong with them.

The store I got it from is a Pawn Shop. Can't do much about that.

Krayus Korianis
11-20-2011, 08:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:

Unsure, but I think all my newer games come up as unreadable. Is Microsoft manufacturing these discs wrong or something? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Just a thought..

I suggest you connect and update if you haven't or simply return the game to the store, who will replace it.

Faulty discs at time of purchase should be replaced in store. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have an Xbox 360 that I haven't updated in a long while. When I popped the AC:R disc into the Xbox, it told me I had to update to read the Disc. It then installed the update FROM the disk to the Dashboard OS.

So if it's anything, it's the DvD drive probably going on the OP's console.

Mr_Shade
11-20-2011, 08:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Just a thought..

I suggest you connect and update if you haven't or slimy return the game to the store, who will replace it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am connected to XBox Live 24/7, never comes undone. However, for some stupid reason, I tried fixing the problem and deledt something off my XBox Live System Files... shouldn't have I know, probably just dug a deeper hole. Is there a way to check for Updates manually?

I only get the unreadable disc error with:
--Revelations
--UFC 2010
--NCAA 2010

All after the year 2010 or within the year of 2010. I think it is the discs, cause all (EVERY OTHER game I have) games work fine and nothing is wrong with them.

The store I got it from is a Pawn Shop. Can't do much about that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The console will update automatically, you can't remove updates to the console, so what ever you deleted, would not affect it.

It sounds like you console may have adisc drive problem.

You should contact Xbox support and they will advise you further.

Xox support offer an out of warranty repair service for a reasonable cost, or you may prefer to pick up another console - depending on cost.

However I suggest you contact Xbox support and verify it is indeed a hardware problem, before you spend any money.

tjbyrum1
11-20-2011, 10:53 AM
I doubt it has anything to do with my disk drive or whatever. I think it is the disk itself.

See, let me explain what I can.

I bought it brand new at Wal-Mart.
Came home and tried to play it.
It did not work.
Put in Brotherhood, and it worked fine.
My brother has been playing NCAA 10 nearly all day. As a matter of fact, if I ain't playing Revelations, he's on NCAA 10.

Every other game works except Revelations. However, UFC 2010 had this same problem in the past, but now it works almost every time, only not working every now and then.

I ain't trying to sound ignorant or whatever, but I think it is the disk itself. Why would it the disk drive if every other game works in it too? I don't understand that.

I got Revelations to work finally, and installed it almost immediately. It installed fully, and is now on my Hard-Drive. After playing the game for some time, I got to the end of the introduction (the Masyaf level) and quit playing. Later, I tried playing it again, but it failed to start up. After several unsuccessful attempts, the game still did not read. I did not stop, and finally the game played again. I played it for some time, about until I got to the unlocking of the Brotherhood Recruits (before I did this I was running around scaling some Viewpoints). I cut it off, and later tried to play it again. This time, it took a long time to read, but it worked. A minute or so ago, I stopped playing, but before I left the XBox I restarted it and turned it back on to see if it would read my disk. It did not read it unfortunately, so I cut it off and got on here.

And now my brother's playing NCAA 10 without any problem whatsoever.

----

I would also like to mention that after I got the game and it did not work, I figured I should clean it with water and dry it off. I figured it was worth a shot just in case a thin film of something was blocking the XBox from reading my disk. This did not work.

I am simply hoping my game is a defective one, one that is unfinished and did not include everything it needed.

Should I exchange it for a new Revelations at Wal-Mart, or get my money back and buy it at Game Stop?

----

Now another problem I have is that the UPlay passport code is entirely useless. I got the code with my brand new game, however playing the game it never did ask me for the code. After looking in the Extras section and exploring the UPlay menus, I never did once find where I should redeem my code.

My Armor of Brutus code however DID work.

Mr_Shade
11-20-2011, 11:41 AM
You can try changing it.. However the fact it works "sometimes" points to the disc being fine - if the disc was to blame, it's very strange it works at all..

Which in turn points to a disc drive error - so you should contact Xbox support and see what they say.

DV1Band
11-20-2011, 12:08 PM
You're within manufacturer's warranty, so just pack it up in a box, with the receipt, and send it via USPS certified mail, to Ubisoft. Easy peasy.

tjbyrum1
11-20-2011, 12:13 PM
Alright alright, I guess it is a disk drive error. But why would this disk drive error only be affecting Revelations and not any of my other games?

My dad is going to exchange the game at Wal-Mart, so it should and hopefully will be fine.

I was just hoping for smoother sailing. I had to go over my uncle's house, clean his room out, rip up the floor, the plywood, carpet, and more plywood and then chisel away the leftover wood and then put in new wood in there and nail it all down. I worked on it all day from 7 in the morning and didn't t get home till 10 that night, and I worked non-stop. I was hoping I could sit my achy poor body down and play some good old Assassin's Creed, but I ran into trouble obviously.

However I did mage to scale 21/22 viewpoints, recruit 4 more Assassin's, take several dens, and advance to Sequence 3. This game is great in my opinion.