PDA

View Full Version : Will UK release have main EU languages?

Michelasso
11-14-2009, 03:12 PM
I'd like to buy the game online from England, for the obvious reason that I don't see why I should pay 60 or more euro in Italy when I can get it for 40-42. My problem is that even if I don't mind to play in English then I'd like to loan it to my brother whom speaks only Italian. Does anyone know if the UK edition of AC2 will include the main European languages? The first did, but I'd like to be sure.

Oh, for the PS3 obviously. The BD should have enough space for all languages...

Michelasso
11-14-2009, 03:12 PM
I'd like to buy the game online from England, for the obvious reason that I don't see why I should pay 60 or more euro in Italy when I can get it for 40-42. My problem is that even if I don't mind to play in English then I'd like to loan it to my brother whom speaks only Italian. Does anyone know if the UK edition of AC2 will include the main European languages? The first did, but I'd like to be sure.

Oh, for the PS3 obviously. The BD should have enough space for all languages...

omglewlz
11-14-2009, 06:22 PM
It was confirmed on one of the IGN corey may articles that the game features an option for all of it to be in italian regardless of where you get the copy and what language it's in natively.

Accented English finds a happy medium by creating an atmosphere that feels genuine without forcing the player to read subtitles. HOWEVER as an aside the game can be configured so that everyone speaks Italian with English subtitles. I encourage everyone to at least try it.
http://blogs.ign.com/UbiAssassinsCreed/

Michelasso
11-14-2009, 09:49 PM
Ow, that's great! It makes sense as well, tho. Thanks!

Zulkin
11-14-2009, 11:41 PM
I really hope the "Italian with english subtitles" option has voiceovers that are as well-done as the English, and also that the option still has our present day characters speaking english. That would be the best setup for immersion, to me.

the amolang
11-15-2009, 01:37 AM
I'm going to first play in English (with no subtitles, I don't like them that much) and then in Italian (still no subtitles!!!! thats going to be fun)

JudgeQwerty
11-15-2009, 04:12 AM
I'm wondering if the entire game would be spoken in Italian or only the Animus scenes...

Michelasso
11-15-2009, 06:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JudgeQwerty:
I'm wondering if the entire game would be spoken in Italian or only the Animus scenes... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually it could be the other way around. The main game spoken in Italian (they are in Italy!!) and the Animus scenes spoken in English.

Hopefully in the options we can select the voice language and the subtitles language. That would make sense anyway. Even if the Animus is in English the French or Spanish, Germans whatever will have the subtitles in their language.