PDA

View Full Version : Color problems with 5.1 drivers... in Perfect mode

sledgehammer2
01-24-2005, 08:34 PM
I know many of these anomalies have been experienced by people before. I am seeing blocky textures and screwed up sunlight as well as cockpit colors. I am running a merged install and it is patched to 3.04. I ran driver cleaner to get rid of all leftover crumbs from the 4.10. I had no probs with that driver except for ugly water. 5.1 improved that but I can't live with this other problem Can anyone help me?

Sledgehammer2

-HH- Beebop
01-24-2005, 08:59 PM
I'm right there with you. (9800XT with 4.12 CAT's.)

There are as many explanations as there are ATI users it seems.
ATI does mention in it's release notes for the 4.11, 4.12 and 5.1 that there are graphic issues with FB/AEP/PF.
IIRC they claim to be addressing them.
Oleg says it's an ATI driver issue and ATI says it's a coding issue.
Some say to run with the default "ATI Radeon X800/9800/9700/9600/9500" setting in your Setup config (Start Menu). Others say change this, change that, check this, uncheck that in Custom settings.
Some say just restart when the graphical errors appear and it goes away, yet others say to do a fresh install of FB/AEP/PF and a few even suggest re-formatting your hard drive.

Which is correct? Ask 60 people and you'll get 60 answers. What works for some doesn't work for others.

For the time being I'm working around it as best I can and trying not to get too frustrated. I'm sure that soon one side or the other, or both, will figure out the problem and solve it.

mitsco
01-24-2005, 09:22 PM
Same here. (X800PRO 5.1 driver)
My screwed up sunlight is a white square instead of the sun.Doesnt happen every I load Pacific Fighters or Forgotten Battles. When it does,I exit to the desktop and reload through start/programs and the problem disappears,but its a pain in the butt to have to do this.I had cat 4.10 previously and I dont recall having the same problem.Hope ATI can correct this issue.

sledgehammer2
01-25-2005, 03:55 PM
Well, I didn't think I was the only one but it's frustrating as hell. If I go back to 4.10 then I get crappy looking water which I don't want. I really don't feel like reinstalling the whole **** thing + patches because of this.

nearmiss
01-25-2005, 04:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sledgehammer2:
Well, I didn't think I was the only one but it's frustrating as hell. If I go back to 4.10 then I get crappy looking water which I don't want. I really don't feel like reinstalling the whole **** thing + patches because of this. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My understanding for good water under perfect settings you need to go back to 4.1 not 4.10, there is a difference. I know 4.1 and 4.10 is the same, but to the Canadians the Zero is understood as in 4.01=4.1, I guess.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

faustnik
01-25-2005, 04:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nearmiss:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sledgehammer2:
Well, I didn't think I was the only one but it's frustrating as hell. If I go back to 4.10 then I get crappy looking water which I don't want. I really don't feel like reinstalling the whole **** thing + patches because of this. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My understanding for good water under perfect settings you need to go back to 4.1 not 4.10, there is a difference. I know 4.1 and 4.10 is the same, but to the Canadians the Zero is understood as in 4.01=4.1, I guess.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that:

4.1 = January 2004 drivers
4.10 = October 2004 drivers

?

nearmiss
01-25-2005, 08:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by faustnik:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nearmiss:

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that:

4.1 = January 2004 drivers
4.10 = October 2004 drivers

? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's cool http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif I just know there is a difference, as I recall Oleg advised using the 4.1 drivers.