PDA

View Full Version : SH-III and StarForce

xoops
02-26-2007, 06:45 PM
I always wanted to purchase the two following titles from Ubisoft, namely 'Silent Hunter III' and 'Splinter Cell Chaos Theory'.

However, I didn't for a good reason: at the time of release, these two products contained the malware called 'StarForce'. Now that this malware is no longer used by Ubisoft, are there some recent packagings of SH-III that are available in store and that do not contain StarForce. I can't afford to take the risk of harming any of my computers and I won't purchase and install any game that contains the StarForce malware.

So again, is there a recent store version of 'Silent Hunter III' that does not contain the StarForce malware?

xoops
02-26-2007, 06:45 PM
I always wanted to purchase the two following titles from Ubisoft, namely 'Silent Hunter III' and 'Splinter Cell Chaos Theory'.

However, I didn't for a good reason: at the time of release, these two products contained the malware called 'StarForce'. Now that this malware is no longer used by Ubisoft, are there some recent packagings of SH-III that are available in store and that do not contain StarForce. I can't afford to take the risk of harming any of my computers and I won't purchase and install any game that contains the StarForce malware.

So again, is there a recent store version of 'Silent Hunter III' that does not contain the StarForce malware?

Kaleun1961
02-26-2007, 06:55 PM
No, there isn't.

TheRealPotoroo
02-26-2007, 06:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kaleun1961:
No, there isn't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Bugger, you beat me to it. I was just about to point him to the answer received by the last person who asked that question.

Kaleun1961
02-26-2007, 08:19 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif