PDA

View Full Version : Stupid me..

Chazza_Assassin
01-18-2008, 11:48 AM
Hi, I'm Chazza_Assassin,

I'm new to the forums so be nice http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Anyway. I feel quite stupid because i beat Assassin's Creed three weeks ago, and after coming back to it for flag collecting etc., i realised that you could do Combo Moves!

This may seem silly but i've been playing the whole game with counters no realising i've been missing out on some sweet animations (the one where you break his leg then pick him up by his neck).

~Chazza Assassin~

Chazza_Assassin
01-18-2008, 11:48 AM
Hi, I'm Chazza_Assassin,

I'm new to the forums so be nice http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Anyway. I feel quite stupid because i beat Assassin's Creed three weeks ago, and after coming back to it for flag collecting etc., i realised that you could do Combo Moves!

This may seem silly but i've been playing the whole game with counters no realising i've been missing out on some sweet animations (the one where you break his leg then pick him up by his neck).

~Chazza Assassin~

Robbinho1992
01-18-2008, 11:52 AM
Yep, they look cool but i find them some-what ahrd to do. Congrats on finding them, and good luck on the Flags.

Chazza_Assassin
01-18-2008, 11:53 AM
Thanks buddy. Yeah, i agree about them being quite hard to do but once used to them they become some-what easier. Can you manage to do Combo's with a longsword? I've only managed to pull it off with the shortsword

~Chazza Assassin~

Karl_93
01-18-2008, 12:33 PM
Ya but you have to wait more between attacks, the timing is different.

Chazza_Assassin
01-18-2008, 01:11 PM
Thanks Karl_93!

When i next go on i'll try that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

~Chazza Assassin~

thyce
01-18-2008, 01:17 PM
ive done combo attacks before, but accidental, i just kept attacking and it happened

is that how you do it?

cooldude6681
01-18-2008, 01:29 PM
To do a combo attack, you must press the <span class="ev_code_blue">(X)</span>(or PS3: (<span class="ev_code_pink">[]</span>)) button, then press it again exactly when the swords clash. That is, to say, that the game must receive the signal from the button press at the moment of clash, not that you start pressing the button at the moment of clash.

I've only done it with the longsword, and rarely when I was trying to do it. Haven't tried it with the shortsword yet.

Crash_Plague
01-18-2008, 01:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cooldude6681:
To do a combo attack, you must press the <span class="ev_code_blue">(X)</span>(or PS3: (<span class="ev_code_pink">[]</span>)) button, then press it again exactly when the swords clash. That is, to say, that the game must receive the signal from the button press at the moment of clash, not that you start pressing the button at the moment of clash.

I've only done it with the longsword, and rarely when I was trying to do it. Haven't tried it with the shortsword yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, dude!! You are soo missing out, the shortshort combo kills are so awesome.

He breaks their legs and doesn't stop there (i'll let you discover for yourself)

avsrule247
01-18-2008, 02:12 PM
Many people forget that combo moves exist because they are so focused on using counter. Glad you found them.

the_assassin_07
01-18-2008, 02:15 PM
It's hard to do combo's... Anyway I don't even play AC anymore so whatever..

Chazza_Assassin
01-19-2008, 02:31 AM
Thanks for all the feedback guys! I still haven't had a chance to try out longsword counters hehe.

~Chazza Assassin~

iPlunder
01-19-2008, 08:24 AM
Hidden blade counters are the best... blade through ears ftw.

Chazza_Assassin
01-19-2008, 11:05 AM
I meant to say Combo in my last post, sorry.

Skaevola
01-19-2008, 11:29 AM
Are people really having that hard of a time with 'em? At this point I can kill twenty soldiers without being touched using nothing but combos, with the longsword. They rock.
My favorite is when he b*tch slaps them and then stabs them while they're distracted by the slap!

Chazza_Assassin
01-19-2008, 02:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wingf00t:
Are people really having that hard of a time with 'em? At this point I can kill twenty soldiers without being touched using nothing but combos, with the longsword. They rock.
My favorite is when he b*tch slaps them and then stabs them while they're distracted by the slap! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm pretty sure thats a counter.

iPlunder
01-19-2008, 02:41 PM
Yeah thats a counter.

blarson11
01-19-2008, 02:49 PM
there is a combo where he b*tch slaps the guy in the face, then the guy does a 180 and altair runs the sword through him while he is facing the other way

jcody
01-19-2008, 03:56 PM
yeah, he ***** slaps them then stabs them in the crotch area.

The de-masculising combo.

The best combo ever is with the longsword, it's a simple spin, slash at the neck, then a stab through the chest. Most realistic looking one and looks really sweet. My favorite shortblade one is the punch, elbow to face, knife to throat. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I rarely use counters unlike everyone else. I just go from one soldier to the next, comboing them one by one. If one dodges a swing, i wait for him to come back to attack, and THAT's when i use a counter, or if someone swins at me before i have a chance to do anything.

I never hold the guard button. Fighting takes so much longer and looks so much duller than it has to if you just hold the guard button and counter everything like a sissy.

Phreaky_McGeek
01-19-2008, 04:13 PM
The slapping move is not a counter. How can you move around a pointy sword and slap someone without impaling yourself?

Seriously, just do a few combos with the longsword and you'll get the ***** slap.

jcody
01-19-2008, 04:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phreaky_McGeek:
The slapping move is not a counter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Duh much?

Who ever said it was?

Or was that random?

My turn: Altair does not carry egg salad sandwiches with him unless it is tuesday.

Phreaky_McGeek
01-19-2008, 04:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm pretty sure thats a counter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yeah thats a counter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Duh very much, I just forgot that we use a language that's composed out of random English words that resemble other phrases in this forum.

jcody
01-19-2008, 05:33 PM
i lose.

my bad, lol.

ChicNStu0017
01-19-2008, 09:17 PM
I love the one where he hits the guy and he bends over, then you hit X again and he stabs him in the top of the skull. Makes such an awesome sound.

iPlunder
01-19-2008, 09:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phreaky_McGeek:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm pretty sure thats a counter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yeah thats a counter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Duh very much, I just forgot that we use a language that's composed out of random English words that resemble other phrases in this forum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hahahahahaha. Win...