PDA

View Full Version : vote about troops gain xp

sanctuary.gr
04-12-2011, 07:32 AM
i believe that troops just like heroes should gain xp like wog.that xp could be used either to activate new abilities or to gain some stats.
i know that my proposal must have little value for heroes 6 now but it might affect expansion.so please vote if you agree or not with that.

sanctuary.gr
04-12-2011, 07:32 AM
i believe that troops just like heroes should gain xp like wog.that xp could be used either to activate new abilities or to gain some stats.
i know that my proposal must have little value for heroes 6 now but it might affect expansion.so please vote if you agree or not with that.

Khanofallorcs
04-12-2011, 07:39 AM
In my opinion I'd rather it not be like that. It'd change the gameplay a lot. If there are many people wanting this, I hope they will be able to switch this option on or off

GamerGeek87
04-12-2011, 08:09 AM
My vote, NO!

Zanosan
04-12-2011, 08:31 AM
I'm in favor of creatures getting a little XP and levelingup. Then you can create the armies of elite shock troops and what not.

Asterisk
04-12-2011, 08:50 AM
^ Play Disciples then. The Heroes are about Heroes XP, not troops XP.

znork
04-12-2011, 10:23 AM
no troop xp

GoranXII
04-12-2011, 02:57 PM
Yes, definitely, IMO the best of the big features introduced by WoG. I'd also suggest that since a lot of the people voting against this are the same ones voting for the dramatic simplifications already in H6 that they'd probably be happier playing Kings Bounty.

GamerGeek87
04-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Troops already grow in power with numbers why should they add another mechanic for that. And what about adding creatures that are not leveled to your already leveled stack? How would that work. It just doesnt feel like Homm for me.

Caithor
04-12-2011, 04:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GamerGeek87:
Troops already grow in power with numbers why should they add another mechanic for that. And what about adding creatures that are not leveled to your already leveled stack? How would that work. It just doesnt feel like Homm for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

QFT

leeboy26
04-12-2011, 04:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GamerGeek87:
Troops already grow in power with numbers why should they add another mechanic for that. And what about adding creatures that are not leveled to your already leveled stack? How would that work. It just doesnt feel like Homm for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah sounds unworkable to me, like gays in the military, universal healthcare and votes for women. Srsly it would only work if HoMM featured squad-based combat rather than stacks. Anyone who supports this can explain how it'd work? thnx.

Also, what is Wog? (apart from being an outdated insulting term for a black person).

Kartabon
04-12-2011, 04:21 PM
This is not Disciples :P
Experience -&gt; unique stack.
Multiple Units per Stack -&gt; Experience not necessary (with it, there would come OP problemas).

GoranXII
04-12-2011, 04:55 PM
Troops already grow in power with numbers why should they add another mechanic for that. And what about adding creatures that are not leveled to your already leveled stack? How would that work. It just doesnt feel like Homm for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Heroes already grow in power with levels, what do they need skills for?

I wonder how many people here have actually used WoG.

GamerGeek87
04-12-2011, 05:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GoranXII:
I wonder how many people here have actually used WoG. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok so I gave it a try, and as I suspected I dont like it. Its one thing when you have individual units. But we are talking about potential thousands. So I leveled a couple of Halberdiers and they got a little stronger, then I bought a 100 new weak nonleveled. I put them in my original stack and bam they somehow leveled. So If I have a second hero with lower level creature just transfer them all to the same stack and level them all. Its not a good system IMO.

GoranXII
04-12-2011, 06:38 PM
Then you evidently had enough experience backed up that adding in that extra 100 (how much was that 'couple' anyway?) units didn't drop you back. If you'd deeper than the very surface, you'd have noticed that the total experience of the stack hadn't changed, but that each unit in the stack had less experience than before you added the extra units in.

Thunion
04-12-2011, 10:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Then you evidently had enough experience backed up that adding in that extra 100 (how much was that 'couple' anyway?) units didn't drop you back. If you'd deeper than the very surface, you'd have noticed that the total experience of the stack hadn't changed, but that each unit in the stack had less experience than before you added the extra units in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yep it right,but the thing i dont liked in WoG was AI xp gaining...My enemy just goes from the castle with new army and he got all army max lv except dragons who were somewhere 8/10 lv...He beaten me counting that i had almost twice bigger army(but not such experienced X(

GoranXII
04-13-2011, 01:15 AM
AI cheating is AI cheating.

H5forem
04-13-2011, 04:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GoranXII:
AI cheating is AI cheating. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, can't blame the cheating A.I.

I remember the cheating A.I. in H5 (when on expert settings, the A.I. had more cavaliers than swordsmens because of unlimited cash for training (probably get some government bailout http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif ))

Leveling up with experience gained in battle would be great, just like in WoG, but I think 3 levels should be enough. (normal, advanced, expert), and the diference between basic and expert should not be as big as in Wog (there are like 10 levels of experience there)

Also the experience neded to advance from advanced to expert, should be like 10X the experience neded to advance from normal to advanced.

GamerGeek87
04-13-2011, 08:57 AM
Then you evidently had enough experience backed up that adding in that extra 100 (how much was that 'couple' anyway?) units didn't drop you back. If you'd deeper than the very surface, you'd have noticed that the total experience of the stack hadn't changed, but that each unit in the stack had less experience than before you added the extra units in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still, thats a bad experience system. Basically a units exp will go up and down depending on the total amount of units. Leave exp to individual units.

sanctuary.gr
04-13-2011, 10:14 AM
i have to admit i did not expect so many no in so many wog modes.
i guess most of it's modification where unused by the buyers

GoranXII
04-13-2011, 01:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GamerGeek87;
Still, thats a bad experience system. Basically a units exp will go up and down depending on the total amount of units. Leave exp to individual units. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Which would actually mean being able to tell the difference between this pikeman and that pikeman. The WoG system is really the only way to work experience for stacks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sanctuary.gr;
i have to admit i did not expect so many no in so many wog modes.
i guess most of it's modification where unused by the buyers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That assumes that most of the people here have even used WoG, which at the start, at least two hadn't.

GamerGeek87
04-13-2011, 02:00 PM
The WoG system is really the only way to work experience for stacks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with you there, but that does not mean I like it though.

Mazura
04-13-2011, 02:40 PM
An option would be nice.

argifontes
04-14-2011, 06:57 AM
No thanks. And yes I never liked wog, there are plenty of games out there with lvling troops. The only case I like to play turn based with leveling troops is when you can see the troops separated in the world map and this is not homm case.

Thunion
04-14-2011, 07:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">No thanks. And yes I never liked wog, there are plenty of games out there with lvling troops. The only case I like to play turn based with leveling troops is when you can see the troops separated in the world map and this is not homm case. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yep in games like fantasy wars or total war units experience is somthing amazing however in heroes they got diffrent units system(i dont say it bad but troop experience cant go well with that.)