PDA

View Full Version : need your recommandations (GRAW2 pre-ordering)

topeira
06-13-2007, 02:02 AM
hellow there.
i can't believe i might do this but i think i might pre-order graw2.
im having so much fun with the demo that im nearly sold.
if the full game will be as smooth as the demo is (for me, at least) or better than i believe i will get my money's worth.

However i never preordered or used D2D in my life and i live in ISRAEL.
i would have bought the game in israel but it's coming to our country about 20 days or more after game's release, which sucks big time for obvious reasons.

so i have some questions -
1) what website is reliable in pre-ordering to israel (middle east) from?

2)if i do pre-order, will it arrive just a couple of days after release or will it take weeks?

3) should i concider DLing the game (D2D) if i live in israel? does it matter where i reside if i D2D the game? what are the cons of D2D?

4)if i D2D the game, can i burn it on a DVD and uninstall\re-install whenever i want?

thanks. i need some unbiased opinions instead of asking a pre-ordering company\website what i should do and get un-objective answers.

topeira
06-13-2007, 02:02 AM
hellow there.
i can't believe i might do this but i think i might pre-order graw2.
im having so much fun with the demo that im nearly sold.
if the full game will be as smooth as the demo is (for me, at least) or better than i believe i will get my money's worth.

However i never preordered or used D2D in my life and i live in ISRAEL.
i would have bought the game in israel but it's coming to our country about 20 days or more after game's release, which sucks big time for obvious reasons.

so i have some questions -
1) what website is reliable in pre-ordering to israel (middle east) from?

2)if i do pre-order, will it arrive just a couple of days after release or will it take weeks?

3) should i concider DLing the game (D2D) if i live in israel? does it matter where i reside if i D2D the game? what are the cons of D2D?

4)if i D2D the game, can i burn it on a DVD and uninstall\re-install whenever i want?

thanks. i need some unbiased opinions instead of asking a pre-ordering company\website what i should do and get un-objective answers.

Forrester1975
06-13-2007, 03:17 AM
As far as I know it should be possible to buy the game online with a game supplier in another country and have it sent to you without paying much more than the game would cost in your country. I always buy my games in a store, maybe I will do a reservation, but mostly that's not needed.
Good luck and see you online

ThumperDFN
06-13-2007, 10:13 PM
If it were me, I'd order the DVD. That way you'll have a hard copy and won't have to download it again, should your hard drive take a dump.

sl0ppy_sec0nds
06-13-2007, 11:47 PM
D2D is a hassle. Their customer service is horrible. I don't recommend it.

DeathMongerer
06-13-2007, 11:56 PM
I 2nd what Sloppy said. If you have a problem D2D just says they have no idea, go to Ubi. Then Ubi says they don't support D2d, go back to D2D.

ColinCJ
06-14-2007, 02:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sl0ppy_sec0nds:
D2D is a hassle. Their customer service is horrible. I don't recommend it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes indeed postal option is far better.

topeira
06-14-2007, 04:15 AM
Obviously D2D is out of the question, if all of u say it's a bad idea.

i just wonder how long takes a pre-order to get this far (to israel).

so a new question, if u care to answer:

1) does a pre order get shipped the day that the game hits store shelves or does it get shipped earlier so it will reach the consumer around the day the game hits store shelves.

i assume if the earlier quess, but please post your thoughts.

DeathDad
06-14-2007, 04:30 AM
Well, OK, as usual in life there are conflicting opinion. I have used D2D for quite a while. Last I looked, I had about 8 games purchased thru them. And I can honestly say I've never had any problems with any of them.

Cons: What I didn't get...
A pretty box to store the disc in (I used to save them all, but not anymore)
A printed manual
A disc

Pros: What I also didn't get...
Charged taxes for my purchase
Less gas in my fuel tank from driving to the store (40 miles one way)
Shipping charges if ordered online
Error message that I have to have the CD in the drive to play
Error message that my CD key in invalid
Error message that the drive cannot read from the CD
Spamware from the crack file I tried to download so I didn't have to put the CD in the drive
Waiting 3 days for it to ship after everyone else had the game and was playing it

D2D keeps a record of every file and key number I download so if I need to re-install and don't have the file on my PC, I just download it again. I'm not pushing digital download on anyone, I just wanted to show the other side of the coin. Don't be too hasty to completely dismiss it as an option.

BTW, D2D is how I purchased GRAW and I have already pre-ordered GRAW 2 thru it.

topeira
06-14-2007, 03:50 PM
40 miles to the store?? geeze...

if u knew how much gas coasts in israel u would have written this detail first.

thanks for the input...

if i D2D a game, can i burn it on a DVD and reinstall whenever i want?

chzman_42MDS
06-14-2007, 04:32 PM
there was a time i never would have said this, but now its easy. Don't get it, read the forums, see the lack of support, and help anyone gets with errors, or system crashes. Look at mine, three seperate posts today, and not one answer.

RLCSeMPeRFi
06-14-2007, 04:45 PM
www.ebay.com (http://www.ebay.com) FTW http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

ThumperDFN
06-14-2007, 11:22 PM
I pre-ordered GRAW2 at amazon.com. It's got free shipping and $2 off the retail price tag.

Brettzies
06-14-2007, 11:43 PM
I used Direct2Drive for R6:Vegas last Saturday. First time using it(though I've done Steam) Seems fine. I couldn't figure out where to put the reg code at first and that it had to have dashes, but after that it was no big deal. The installer looks just like the regular files. I'm thinking about burning it to a dvd, but I'm not sure the game is really worth it.

However, if it is a game I know I "want" I try to get an official hard copy. Though, I have so many useless game boxes and discs laying around, it actually seems like a waste.

In the past, there have been issues with patches or something, but in this case, that wasn't a big deal. I also noticed that every time I run the game it checks to see if there are any new patches out. Not sure if that is a feature of Vegas or D2D. But, that might be a consideration as well.