PDA

View Full Version : Worst NPCs in a game ever?

Tritogeneia
05-11-2008, 04:30 PM
This is in no way a flame thread! I posted this during a discussion on the Playstation forums so I thought I would put it here where there is more chance of a discussion about AC and AC 2!
---------------
I love the story line.. the game play! the assasinations! the graphics! and I didn't notice anything wrong with FPS it was fine for me the hole time.. no freeze problems whats so ever.

Altho the only thing that could possible ever make me not pick up and play this game again is how crappy the NPCs are.. (Non playable characters) .. like wow.. holy ****.. no joke.. this is like Playstation 1 NPCs... There is only like 15 different characters in this entire game.. all street people look the same.. and the absolute worst part.. is the audio for them! wow! playing this game I wish I could just mute all NPCs because they all have the same 10 sayings they repeat..

ofcourse I love this same as I said above, and I will be buying AC 2 no matter what... but after playing Grand Theft Auto now.. Assasins Creed was just unexceptable in my eyes for NPC Next-Gen Console.. Iv been going on 30 hours of play time in GTA IV now, I have only seen the same NPCs are couple times and only heard people the same thing only a couple times during this game.. and its a big game like assasins creed..

So I expect alot better after playing GTA IV, knowing how much they can actually do.

either way was a great game, will be picking up AC2 but I'd like to hear your opinions on this topic!

Thanks--

Kevin

Tritogeneia
05-11-2008, 04:30 PM
This is in no way a flame thread! I posted this during a discussion on the Playstation forums so I thought I would put it here where there is more chance of a discussion about AC and AC 2!
---------------
I love the story line.. the game play! the assasinations! the graphics! and I didn't notice anything wrong with FPS it was fine for me the hole time.. no freeze problems whats so ever.

Altho the only thing that could possible ever make me not pick up and play this game again is how crappy the NPCs are.. (Non playable characters) .. like wow.. holy ****.. no joke.. this is like Playstation 1 NPCs... There is only like 15 different characters in this entire game.. all street people look the same.. and the absolute worst part.. is the audio for them! wow! playing this game I wish I could just mute all NPCs because they all have the same 10 sayings they repeat..

ofcourse I love this same as I said above, and I will be buying AC 2 no matter what... but after playing Grand Theft Auto now.. Assasins Creed was just unexceptable in my eyes for NPC Next-Gen Console.. Iv been going on 30 hours of play time in GTA IV now, I have only seen the same NPCs are couple times and only heard people the same thing only a couple times during this game.. and its a big game like assasins creed..

So I expect alot better after playing GTA IV, knowing how much they can actually do.

either way was a great game, will be picking up AC2 but I'd like to hear your opinions on this topic!

Thanks--

Kevin

Bobfish_Almight
05-11-2008, 04:39 PM
Dude, you can't really compare Creed with a game like GTA. They're totally different games, coded in totally different ways. And every game has a limited number of skins, that's just the nature of the beast

Tritogeneia
05-11-2008, 04:43 PM
lol.. Man there is so few NPCs in this game its embarrassing. Its actually like PS1 NPC characters with alot better graphics.. they all have 1 line(the same line)

Just because a game is coded in different ways doesn't mean they cant improve it in AC 2. I'm just using GTA as an example as it is probably the first game where no characters look a-like or say the same repetitive things.. that just goes to show that they could improve atleast abit with AC

Kaxen6
05-11-2008, 04:47 PM
>_> I loved the NPCs in AC... they make me laugh. Minus the beggar lady and the crazy guys... those ones piss me off... though somehow I managed to go the whole game without killing any of them...

But I haven't played GTA4 so I have no idea what I am missing. I've only seen about ten minutes of guys aimlessly driving because for some inexplicable reason, my 3-D animation class has an xbox 360 and GTA4...

Bobfish_Almight
05-11-2008, 04:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tritogeneia:
lol.. Man there is so few NPCs in this game its embarrassing. Its actually like PS1 NPC characters with alot better graphics.. they all have 1 line(the same line)

Just because a game is coded in different ways doesn't mean they cant improve it in AC 2. I'm just using GTA as an example as it is probably the first game where no characters look a-like or say the same repetitive things.. that just goes to show that they could improve atleast abit with AC </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I'll reserve judgement on that one. If you play it for long enough of course you'll see the same people turning up time after time, there's only so much space on a disc after all. And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that there's nothing wrong with having eighty-five billion clones running around either. I'm sure we'll see more variation in Creed 2. And I also think you're being a little overly critical on the fifteen skins thing. There are more than that just in the main characters http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Tritogeneia
05-11-2008, 05:09 PM
I don't really believe I am..

You have Beggers/Templars/street guards/Roof Guards/Monks/Women in need of help(like couldn't they at least given all those women different skins?) they also all have same voice acting so its like your saving the same character 50 times./ and then you have about 3 different skins on random people walking around.

Also you can't count cut scenes cause thats not actual game play.

Bobfish_Almight
05-11-2008, 05:11 PM
I've seen a lot more than that mate. And I've had at least two different voices for each of the save citizens in each city for a total of six male and six female. Probably about half as many again for the skins

Tritogeneia
05-11-2008, 05:14 PM
I'm not really here to argue about how many there are exactly.. I played and beat the game.. I heard the same line repeated from street people 30 times every 5 minutes, there are like couple hundred NPCs in this game, and I guarentee there are not more than 30 different skins (not counting boss's)

you walk down any street and you see atleast 5 of the character on each street.

Bobfish_Almight
05-11-2008, 05:18 PM
True, true. I'm not here to argue either. Well, not in anything other than the literal meaning of the word. I'm just surprised you saw so few. But then, you did specify Playstation 3 so maybe they added more for the PC release? They did add a few extra tasks after all

Tritogeneia
05-11-2008, 05:24 PM
main point is, is I have honest to god seen more veriety in NPC's skins and voices in Playstation 1 games.. Not saying there movements where better or there graphics as good lol because that would just be a lie.. but iv played some ps1 games where there where more random npcs to interact with.

Thats my point, this is nex-gen console and is capable of a hole lot more. They managed to fit entire GTA IV on a X box 360 disk.. which I believe is the same as a regular disk? so I really doubt AC took up to much space. I say X-box 360 because PS3 has blu-ray disks which can hold up to 50GB so obv it didn't take up the ps3 disk lol.. but im not a fan boy and im not promoting.. because I have both and like both consoles its just I own AC for ps3

Bobfish_Almight
05-11-2008, 05:31 PM
Well then, like I said, maybe they just added more in for the PC release. But yeah, I'll agree there are a limited number of them. As for the 360, I'm pretty sure that uses either dual layer or HD discs, either way it's about twice the storage capacity of a standard DvD. And on the Blu ray issue, yes it has 50gbs of storage, but since it's on a different frequency to the laser needed to read DvDs that's no guarantee it'll hold more in the long run because the coding may be different and take up five times as much space for the same thing. But I'm not the authority on these things so don't take what I'm saying as gospel. Plus, I get annoyed at the pretentious 'Blu' ray thing. Would it really kill them to add the damned E?

In closing, Creed is a great game irrespective of the number of skins. But I've always focused more on the overall experience (plot and character development and, thus, script) to pay as much attention as some people do. I tend not to notice so much and thus it doesn't bug me

McMasterJ
05-11-2008, 05:38 PM
Pffftt. You guys just havent found chuck norris yet.

Bobfish_Almight
05-11-2008, 05:41 PM
The universe was created by Chuck Norris. It's a fact

nevar23
05-11-2008, 05:42 PM
Chuck Norris?! Is he unlockable?

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Bobfish_Almight
05-11-2008, 05:48 PM
Chuck Norris should be an unlockable skin in every game in the world ever

McMasterJ
05-11-2008, 05:48 PM
He comes with the Crossbow and waterwings.

Bobfish_Almight
05-11-2008, 05:50 PM
And a roundhouse kick to the face

McMasterJ
05-11-2008, 05:52 PM
Boo. Get out.

Bobfish_Almight
05-11-2008, 05:53 PM
Huh? What?

jeremyofmany
05-11-2008, 10:09 PM
Yeah, the AI isn't too bright.
Still fun, though.

Ghost_Hybrid
05-11-2008, 11:23 PM
Chuck norris, was and still is slower than molases in January.

Bruce Lee wouldve made him look like a parapalegic.

Hylden_Lord
05-12-2008, 05:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bobfish_Almight:
The universe was created by Chuck Norris. It's a fact </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The universe was created by the Flying Spaghetti Monster, blasphemer! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

BTOG46
05-12-2008, 07:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Bruce Lee wouldve made him look like a parapalegic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What do you mean, would've? he did.
Way of the Dragon 1972, released as Return of the Dragon in the U.S.
Bruce kicks his *** in the Colosseum in Rome.
In fairness to Chuck, that was before he discovered the power of "The Beard" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Ghost_Hybrid
05-12-2008, 10:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BTOG46:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Bruce Lee wouldve made him look like a parapalegic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What do you mean, would've? he did.
Way of the Dragon 1972, released as Return of the Dragon in the U.S.
Bruce kicks his *** in the Colosseum in Rome.
In fairness to Chuck, that was before he discovered the power of "The Beard" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im talking real life, not..."Action, cut"

Chuck...ha all his movies seemed to be against china-japan-vietnemesse-no wonder they had a movie that one of them finally kicked his slow ***.

lol..and dont get me started about John Wayne!

FYTJ
05-12-2008, 12:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hylden_Lord:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bobfish_Almight:
The universe was created by Chuck Norris. It's a fact </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The universe was created by the Flying Spaghetti Monster, blasphemer! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Omg! Are you, too, a pastafarian?
Last time I was trying to spread the good word by telling these forumers about our paradise with it's beer volcanoes but they didn't care! I even showed them the graph that proves that global warming is due to the decreasing number of pirates but they wouldn't listen! I am so happy I'm not the only pastafarian here!
Arrrr, give ma a hug, matey! http://media.ubi.com/us/forum_images/gf-glomp.gif

Bobfish_Almight
05-13-2008, 12:02 AM
You know, in the real world Chuck actually whooped Lee's anus?

zgubilici
05-13-2008, 12:21 AM
^Please be mindful that this starts border-lining the language ratings of these forums. All Ubi forums are E-rated, that has to be respected.

Also, while all Chuck Norris debates are entertaining, the thread derails a little too much from the original topic.
Please go back on topic.
Thanks.

Bobfish_Almight
05-13-2008, 12:26 AM
Sorry Lady Z. Chuck does have a tendency to do that. So anyway, yeah, as I've said before, there are definitely quite a large number of different skins throughout. I've counted over hundred at least. I have to concur, however, that the AI can be a bit off sometimes. I mean, why does it take a bunch of guards longer to kill me when I'm stood around because I want to die than it does when I'm fighting back?

Ghost_Hybrid
05-13-2008, 10:15 AM
What difference does it make what people talk about?

Did you happen to read more than three quarters of topics in this forum?
If you did than you'd realize some of them start off way off topic.

No pun intended but please play cop in a different dimension...

Bobfish_Almight
05-13-2008, 11:06 AM
wtf? Lady Z is a Moderator dude. It's her job to make sure we follow the forum rules

Ghost_Hybrid
05-13-2008, 02:17 PM
Ill let you know when I want to see your sig, until than seek shelter in a different conversation.

The last thing anyone needs with todays society is a moderator with a god complex...

Vendetta_Z
05-13-2008, 04:12 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif I can see the banning now...

For the topic, I saw a video that said they had made over 300 different skins and they showed a picture with all of them in a white background. I paused and put it in full screen, and ALL of them looked different.

Bobfish_Almight
05-13-2008, 05:05 PM
I'm not even going there dude

zgubilici
05-13-2008, 10:53 PM
Ghost_Hybrid, that was such an amazing display of psychoanalysis insight - too bad that it was misdirected in terms of recognizing the concrete example at hand, because the perfect display of a god complex is actually embedded in your posts.

If you have something constructive to add to a thread then please do so, otherwise refrain from unnecessary slurs.
Next time when you are replying to one of your fellow forum members, there is no more need to include rudeness and arrogance as essential ingredients of your posts.

Thanks.

Archetype_Zero
05-14-2008, 12:07 AM
but where do the expectations stop? you can only expect so much out of characters you're typically supposed to pass up, avoid, or blend in with. they made it easier to see the difference between guards and innocents. they have enough different character models and voices to handle any one area at a time (i don't normally see clones in one area but if you're focused on your missions, you probably wouldn't notice anyway)

the only thing that made me raise an eyebrow was the lack of any children. now, maybe for the rating's sake they couldn't have killable children, i'm not sure, and i also don't know their customs in...uhhh...anywhere else. so this was just a minor concern.

arjandevries9
05-14-2008, 12:22 AM
Yes, the NPC's are bad. If you just run up a roof, they just say: God save him. He's gone mad... on the dumbest tone I've ever heard.

Kaxen6
05-14-2008, 12:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Archetype_Zero:
the only thing that made me raise an eyebrow was the lack of any children. now, maybe for the rating's sake they couldn't have killable children, i'm not sure, and i also don't know their customs in...uhhh...anywhere else. so this was just a minor concern. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They modeled children (Mojette on Deviantart has one shown in his gallery. He did many characters for AC), but ended up taking them out since they would be potentially killable...

&gt;_&gt; I wonder if they planned to make kids obstacles like the beggar ladies...

Archetype_Zero
05-14-2008, 12:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arjandevries9:
Yes, the NPC's are bad. If you just run up a roof, they just say: God save him. He's gone mad... on the dumbest tone I've ever heard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i saw a guy run up a roof the other day, and i said the exact same thing. are calling me a bad npc!?

just kidding. but seriously, what would you do if you saw a guy crawling up a building? there's a variety of responses, and i think they all are used pretty well. keep in mind also that you're not really "supposed" (and i use this term loosely since you can do whatever you want in the game) to be running around climbing buildings in front of everyone...

cooldude6681
05-14-2008, 01:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tritogeneia:
There is only like 15 different characters in this entire game </div></BLOCKQUOTE><BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vendetta_Z:
For the topic, I saw a video that said they had made over 300 different skins and they showed a picture with all of them in a white background. I paused and put it in full screen, and ALL of them looked different. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Patrice's exact words (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pNhkxUXEdw) (@5:55) are "around 200 generic characters plus the specific ones".

Bobfish_Almight
05-14-2008, 06:24 AM
The thing I have to say that most tickles me about the dialogue is the random things the guards shout out at you when you're in the alert status. "You can't get away from me" just as I'm killing someone not two feet away. That's a serious o.O

Archetype_Zero
05-14-2008, 06:56 AM
well, i'll agree with you there. the randomness of it doesn't always match the scene. i love the "he should stop acting like a child" as i perform the most amazing acrobatics they are likely to ever see. and the "this is terrible, who would do such a thing?" from the citizen that i just saved...lol

LaurenIsSoMosh
05-14-2008, 07:16 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif That one bugged me so much, as the old man witnesses me kill off fifty people to save his pathetic tooshy, and then out of nowhere "there's a murderer on the loose..."

Bobfish_Almight
05-14-2008, 07:58 AM
Random audio ftw

Ghost_Hybrid
05-14-2008, 10:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zgubilici:
Ghost_Hybrid, that was such an amazing display of psychoanalysis insight - too bad that it was misdirected in terms of recognizing the concrete example at hand, because the perfect display of a god complex is actually embedded in your posts.

If you have something constructive to add to a thread then please do so, otherwise refrain from unnecessary slurs.
Next time when you are replying to one of your fellow forum members, there is no more need to include rudeness and arrogance as essential ingredients of your posts.

Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rudeness is in the eye of the beholder. If you feel offended by words you've read, than its obvious you are guilty of such aligations.

Staying on topic or slightly moving away from it for a brief moment, doesnt call for a forum cop to treat us like kids.

Its called being a, "dictator." In a gameing forum? WOW.....

Your welcome

zgubilici
05-14-2008, 11:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ghost_Hybrid:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zgubilici:

Rudeness is in the eye of the beholder. If you feel offended by words you've read, than its obvious you are guilty of such aligations.

Staying on topic or slightly moving away from it for a brief moment, doesnt call for a forum cop to treat us like kids.

Your welcome </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ghost_Hybrid, you are obviously not even bothering to read properly and understand the posts you are answering to, which is why this is going to be my last reply to you in this public thread.
I was clearly referring to the rudeness and arrogance that you display in your replies to your fellow forum members, not to the post that you first made in this thread directed at me, for which I have only pointed out the flawed logic of your allegations, nothing else.
You're neither the first, nor the last to bash moderators for the work they have to do, there is nothing new, unique, impressive or moving about it. It's part of our routine to have an occasional nitpicking episode arising.

I will explain again what I meant in my previous answer to you in different words, since you have misinterpreted my post and reaction - perhaps it was the initial slight sarcasm that provoked the misinterpretation.
So what I meant was this: You were simply projecting your own attitude on someone else's posts - in that case mine - and that has been what I have pointed out in the first part of my post. As for the second part, I have already addressed it above.

The fact that you fail to distinguish between a simple request (not to mention a polite one, if you remark the "please"s I used in the post that you first criticized) and a dictatorial edict and you feel the need to nitpick on something like that, stems from your own perception and it's an entirely different issue that doesn't concern me or anyone else in the slightest.
In other words, there have been no feelings expressed whatsoever regarding your posts directed at me - what I have requested was that you are more considerate in your replies towards your fellow forum members, because that's something that happens in a civilized community, whether it is an online one or not.

Moreover, one-to-one conversations such as this one should be carried out and - in this case continued - in PT, because as it stands right now, this thread gets hijacked and driven off-topic.

Bobfish_Almight
05-14-2008, 11:50 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif well put Lady Z.

On a note relevant to the purpose of this thread however...I bought the Assassin's Creed Art Book from a dude on Ebay last week (that's the ickle A6 one with the hard cover) and it has a picture at the back of all of the standard NPCs, not counting the hostiles and main characters cause they get their own pages. Just the civvies and the background peoples. The furniture if you will. There are seven rows of eighteen as well as an eighth row of twelve for a total of one hundred and thirty-eight skins. I think there have also been a few more added for the PC release, not counting horses though http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif we're not considered important enough to be shown http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

In closing. There are definitely more than fifteen skins http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif But the AI is still a bit flakey at times

Archetype_Zero
05-15-2008, 06:41 AM
that's a lot of people. on the other hand, when you can have nearly 100 people on a screen at once at times (just estimating and no, i have not counted them because they move) i guess they might actually need more.

what i found interesting were some of the rarely used "props" like the cauldron. i had lots of fun crouching on a steaming hot cauldron and getting no reaction out of anyone. contrary to what i've said on the forums before, i guess it would help a lot if they added some more reactions and models. it just hadn't really dawned on me till i started messing around and doing goofy stuff. like jumping up and down on steaming hot cauldrons.

Bobfish_Almight
05-15-2008, 06:55 AM
I think 110 at a time is the maximum you can have. So I'd expect there to be at least that many to avoid duplication. Unless they're using obvious shortcuts like groups of monks. They all look the same on the outside because they have their faces covered after all

Ghost_Hybrid
05-15-2008, 10:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ghost_Hybrid:

Your welcome </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ghost_Hybrid, you are obviously not even bothering to read properly and understand the posts you are answering to, which is why this is going to be my last reply to you in this public thread.
I was clearly referring to the rudeness and arrogance that you display in your replies to your fellow forum members, not to the post that you first made in this thread directed at me, for which I have only pointed out the flawed logic of your allegations, nothing else.
You're neither the first, nor the last to bash moderators for the work they have to do, there is nothing new, unique, impressive or moving about it. It's part of our routine to have an occasional nitpicking episode arising.

I will explain again what I meant in my previous answer to you in different words, since you have misinterpreted my post and reaction - perhaps it was the initial slight sarcasm that provoked the misinterpretation.
So what I meant was this: You were simply projecting your own attitude on someone else's posts - in that case mine - and that has been what I have pointed out in the first part of my post. As for the second part, I have already addressed it above.

The fact that you fail to distinguish between a simple request (not to mention a polite one, if you remark the "please"s I used in the post that you first criticized) and a dictatorial edict and you feel the need to nitpick on something like that, stems from your own perception and it's an entirely different issue that doesn't concern me or anyone else in the slightest.
In other words, there have been no feelings expressed whatsoever regarding your posts directed at me - what I have requested was that you are more considerate in your replies towards your fellow forum members, because that's something that happens in a civilized community, whether it is an online one or not.

Moreover, one-to-one conversations such as this one should be carried out and - in this case continued - in PT, because as it stands right now, this thread gets hijacked and driven off-topic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont spend my time worrying and waiting to have a private conversation with someone who has nothing to do with why I am here.

You dont and will never have any revelance to this game nor any other game in the future.

Therefore I see no reason for you to continue to interupt a thread to treat people like adolecents.

The topic would've found its way back on track without your interruption.

You started the conversation and now you tell me to PT you?

How about next time you just relax and leave the politics to the democrats and the republicans?

BTOG46
05-16-2008, 06:11 AM
How about you just relax as well, and try not to bring your obvious dislike of moderators into this thread. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

LaurenIsSoMosh
05-16-2008, 06:26 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Lady Z is nice.

Archetype_Zero
05-16-2008, 06:42 AM
ghost: you remind me of Altair at the beginning of the game. this is not meant as a compliment or an insult, just an assassin's creed-related observation.

anyway, back on topic, (very minor spoiler, maybe) are there ever more people onscreen than at the end of the game? i've never counted them, but there seems to be more at the part where he mentions the need to be careful around them than anywhere else. i wonder if maybe they can fit more people in when they are stationary.

i would have looked to see if any of their character models repeated, but i was too busy fulfilling the irony of slaughtering everyone after Altair specifically commenting to himself about how he needs to be careful not to harm them.

Bobfish_Almight
05-16-2008, 07:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BTOG46:
How about you just relax as well, and try not to bring your obvious dislike of moderators into this thread. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Further more, Lady Z likely has more relevance to this, and any other Ubi game, than anyone else in this conversation 'cause she, y'know, works for Ubi you *******. Furthermore, the concept of Freedom of Speech, which many American's are so proud of spouting your God given right to would not be available to you if you lived in a true Republic or Democracy.

Ghost_Hybrid
05-16-2008, 12:03 PM
How about you just relax as well, and try not to bring your obvious dislike of moderators into this thread. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Further more, Lady Z likely has more relevance to this, and any other Ubi game, than anyone else in this conversation 'cause she, y'know, works for Ubi you *******. Furthermore, the concept of Freedom of Speech, which many American's are so proud of spouting your God given right to would not be available to you if you lived in a true Republic or Democracy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Name calling, boy I think that is against the very forum rules you swear to uphold.

Take your contradictions and find a hole, your words hold no merit with me.

Nevertheless, I do not, "Hate.' disagree yes and I wont change for the likes of a gameing forum.

Bobfish_Almight
05-16-2008, 12:06 PM
I at no point made any claims to uphold the forum rules. I just have an instinctive dislike or rude and self-important people

cooldude6681
05-16-2008, 12:10 PM
I at no point made any claims to uphold the forum rules. I just have an instinctive dislike or rude and self-important people </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Actually, you did when you signed up by clicking the checkbox next to "I abide by the terms and conditions...etc.etc."

Bobfish_Almight
05-16-2008, 12:12 PM
That confirms I agree to abide by them, not enforce them :P

Ghost_Hybrid
05-16-2008, 02:56 PM
That confirms I agree to abide by them, not enforce them :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Than stop playing forum moderator and mind your own business...

Bobfish_Almight
05-16-2008, 03:00 PM
I'm not playing forum moderator dude. I'm supporting the forum moderator because I think she's really cool. And since you seem so vehement about expressing your own opinion don't be so arrogant as to assume to tell anyone else to mind their own. This is a discussion forum, and I will discuss whatever I chose to do so. I need your approval no more than you need mine

Ghost_Hybrid
05-16-2008, 03:05 PM
I'm not playing forum moderator dude. I'm supporting the forum moderator because I think she's really cool. And since you seem so vehement about expressing your own opinion don't be so arrogant as to assume to tell anyone else to mind their own. This is a discussion forum, and I will discuss whatever I chose to do so. I need your approval no more than you need mine </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good boy, now your getting it. Defending someone because their cool doesnt make them right.

It makes you a brown noser...Hows your nose smell?

Bobfish_Almight
05-16-2008, 03:08 PM
Insulting someone because you disagree with them doesn't make you clever either. It makes you a hypocrite, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Has anyone noticed how the scholars sometimes push each other out of the way when you first blend with them? That's funny

Raide
05-16-2008, 03:11 PM
Can you please stop arguing openly on the forums. If anyone has any concerns they wish to voice, please PM me. I would rather the forums not be filled with arguing posts from people with differing, if equally valid opinions on subjects.

If this thread continues to drift off course, then it will have to be locked.

LaurenIsSoMosh
05-16-2008, 03:14 PM
Bob, just don't bother feeding the trolls. He's just trying to stir things up and apparently even if someone tried to "brown nose" him he would find some amazing flaw in them and dub them unworthy of whatever.

Don't feed him and he'll go away eventually. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

EDIT: Sorry, Raide, posted after you said that.

Bobfish_Almight
05-16-2008, 03:15 PM
Apologies. It was starting to grow rather tiresome for myself as well. So, in the spirit of which this thread was intended...

Does anyone know if there were actually more skins added for the PC release of Creed, because it shows, as I said before, 138 in the Art book, but I'm sure I've counted more than that, and someone said somewhere that there's a video showing almost or just over three hundred

Ghost_Hybrid
05-16-2008, 04:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LaurenIsSoMosh:
Bob, just don't bother feeding the trolls. He's just trying to stir things up and apparently even if someone tried to "brown nose" him he would find some amazing flaw in them and dub them unworthy of whatever.

Don't feed him and he'll go away eventually. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

EDIT: Sorry, Raide, posted after you said that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you Doctor Phil," It's funny if that were true that I was only here to, "Stir things up, and If you dont feed me ill go away."

Than what are you doing?

Stop replying and get on topic, weren't you warned?

Bobfish_Almight
05-16-2008, 04:51 PM
Aww, he's so sweet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Does anyone know about what I asked above?

Marek86
05-16-2008, 04:51 PM
OMG! The NPCs in this game are the best, top of the line, I've never seen such ingenious put to good use in a game like this before. Absolutley stunning, I thoght these NPCs were real people sometimes....that's how good they are. It's almost as if they weren't NPCs but like talking vegetables if you know what I mean!

Bobfish_Almight
05-16-2008, 04:53 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif they offer a real sense of community. It's just like walking down Tib Street

Marek86
05-16-2008, 04:55 PM
I know right! At least someone here has some sense. Like these NPCs are smarter than real people sometimes, and it's just unbeleivable. I don't think any game will ever top these NPCs.

Bobfish_Almight
05-16-2008, 04:57 PM
Wow, you have spooky insights into games dude

Marek86
05-16-2008, 04:58 PM
yeah I love narcoleptic purple catfish!

Bobfish_Almight
05-16-2008, 05:00 PM
Hrrm, I have to know what that is now

Marek86
05-16-2008, 05:02 PM
lol, search and find....

Bobfish_Almight
05-16-2008, 05:04 PM
I shall do that. Perhaps one of the beggars from Acre will be able to help me find the answer

Marek86
05-16-2008, 05:09 PM
yes, the NPCs harrass them constantly.

Bobfish_Almight
05-16-2008, 05:15 PM
The beggars harass everyone

Marek86
05-16-2008, 05:16 PM
lol, bloody beggars! I accidently through one of them into a kiosk and they died unfortunatley, the narcoleptic purple catfish became quite angry with me...

Bobfish_Almight
05-16-2008, 05:19 PM
I deliberately kill them on numerous occasions

Marek86
05-16-2008, 05:20 PM
lol.....*STAB

Bobfish_Almight
05-16-2008, 05:22 PM
Ayup-yup. especially when I'm doing the assassination sub-missions

altairego
05-16-2008, 06:11 PM
kill the drunks -- sober them up in the afterlife

npcs were great -- the guards are my faves. "who did this?" (walk up behind, leap and stab) "i did"

Marek86
05-16-2008, 06:12 PM
lol, there are lotses of NPCs in the afterlife

Bobfish_Almight
05-16-2008, 06:14 PM
Yeah, the guards are a bit thick really aren't they. It's great

altairego
05-16-2008, 06:16 PM
"what has happened here?" (shrill voice too -- verge of panic) "i killed him with a stinger. that is what happened. now it's your turn."

Bobfish_Almight
05-16-2008, 06:22 PM
My version would be : "What happened urgh" fall over

altairego
05-16-2008, 06:37 PM
"who has done this? show yourself." like they expect me to still be around. although i am: the praying dude amid all the carnage

Marek86
05-16-2008, 06:39 PM
lol, I usually let them know it was me...I know, I know, I'm a horrible assassin...= (

Bobfish_Almight
05-16-2008, 06:42 PM
Well, Alta´r does tell Malik it's his job to ensure as many people know as possible

altairego
05-16-2008, 06:43 PM
"show mercy!" (tries to run). jump him.. panic all round

Bobfish_Almight
05-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Mercy is for the weak

altairego
05-16-2008, 06:52 PM
" a skilled assassin ensures his work is noticed by the many" -- that's a good creed

Bobfish_Almight
05-16-2008, 06:53 PM
Though notice, he doesn't actually say that he needs to be seen, just noticed

altairego
05-16-2008, 06:55 PM
he's kinda hard to miss.

npcs here have more intelligence than people on the street: they run when blood starts spurting. in real life, people go "o, i wanna see that!" like it's a spectator sport. christ! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Bobfish_Almight
05-16-2008, 06:56 PM
You'd expect them to do that even more back then. Considering how popular public executions were

altairego
05-16-2008, 07:00 PM
not when blood is flying at you, you'd run "guards, this man is a murderer!" "hell, yea!"

Bobfish_Almight
05-16-2008, 07:01 PM
Hmm, maybe

ScytheOfGrim
05-17-2008, 12:45 AM
To tell the honest truth... I find the horse AI to be utterly stupid...
Why kick him, and not him?

LaurenIsSoMosh
05-17-2008, 12:50 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Bobfish_Almight
05-17-2008, 12:55 AM
I liked the horse AI. It just bugs me that they can't kick a person to death. Horses have seriously strong back legs and really heavy hooves

ScytheOfGrim
05-17-2008, 12:56 AM
Meh... stupid and weak... &gt;_&gt;

I also hated their jumping animation... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

LaurenIsSoMosh
05-17-2008, 12:59 AM
Bob, cover your eyes. You shouldn't read this post...

I was mad that they couldn't die. I jumped off of a building with one once and it fell for like forever, and landed perfectly. They should be able to die, they are after all living things that have an end. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

And along the way they could kill people for you while they're at it.

Kaxen6
05-17-2008, 01:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LaurenIsSoMosh:
Bob, cover your eyes. You shouldn't read this post...

I was mad that they couldn't die. I jumped off of a building with one once and it fell for like forever, and landed perfectly. They should be able to die, they are after all living things that have an end. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

And along the way they could kill people for you while they're at it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The horses can die, can't they?

When I played in at the Ubi Fanday, my horse got stabbed to death and I felt really sad about it so I ended up having a policy of getting off my horse to fight whenever the occasion arises... -_- Unless something changed between October and November... I know you can't make Altair fly through walls in the version everyone has...

ScytheOfGrim
05-17-2008, 01:10 AM
No, the horses can't die.

They just go crazy and run away from you...
Or they go limp and fall to the floor then pick themselves up again... &gt;_&gt;

First thing I did was see if I could kill my horse...

Bobfish_Almight
05-17-2008, 01:11 AM
How did you get onto a really tall building? And since I know all horses are secretly immortal why would it offend my horse ears to hear you saying you tried to achieve the impossible?

LaurenIsSoMosh
05-17-2008, 01:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ScytheOfGrim:

Or they go limp and fall to the floor then pick themselves up again... &gt;_&gt;

First thing I did was see if I could kill my horse... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ditto. Hack at it with your sword and it'll fall over then run far, far away from you.

If an enemy hacks at it, then it'll do the same and run less far away, then come back to you when you kill everyone, I think.

And if you hack at it while it's falling over, it won't get up, just like when you do the same to an enemy, they keep trying to get up and you keep stopping them.

Invincible. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Bob, there's a section in the Kingdom. I can't show you because I can't take pictures right now, but I'll give you a map to it later, where you can just hop on top of all the houses. One of the houses is right on the edge of an infinite high cliff, and I managed to get my horse on top of the house and jump off.

Takes a lot and lot of practice and secret knowledge of horse maneuvers.

And, I didn't want you to hear because you're a horse and the fact that I've tried countless times to kill horses in countless ways, well, I don't want you to think any differently of me.

Kaxen6
05-17-2008, 01:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ScytheOfGrim:

First thing I did was see if I could kill my horse... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even if you sit on your horse, piss of tons of guards and just sit there watching them smack your horse? &gt;_&gt; that is what I did...

ScytheOfGrim
05-17-2008, 01:17 AM
Yup.
Horseys can't die.

No matter who or how or how many times it gets hit... &gt;_&gt;

Sad really... who cares to be environmentally friendly nowadays? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Bobfish_Almight
05-17-2008, 01:24 AM
When they get hit by a guard they run away just as far, and then come back to within about thirty feet and wait for you to finish whatever you were doing

Kaxen6
05-17-2008, 01:24 AM
Yup.
Horseys can't die.

No matter who or how or how many times it gets hit... &gt;_&gt;

Sad really... who cares to be environmentally friendly nowadays? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif I spent time worrying for an immortal horse's life... I'm not sure to feel sheepish or surprised at my ability to not go insane doing inane things... I mean... I also made it a point never to kill the beggar ladies, crazy guys, not-guard people no matter how ungodly annoying they got.

Bobfish_Almight
05-17-2008, 01:27 AM
That's extremely commendable. And I thought I was the only to play on character even when it's not an RPG

LaurenIsSoMosh
05-17-2008, 01:28 AM
I think the mental guys were the very first innocents I killed.

As much as I wouldn't kill someone in real life, it's just a game, and they blew my cover. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

the_assassin_07
05-17-2008, 01:30 AM
Once I attacked a guard and he started chasing me. I just ran a few metres away and he stopped... NPCs really need some tweaking in Assassins Creed 2.

Bobfish_Almight
05-17-2008, 01:31 AM
I tend to barge past the schizophrenics, it's the same as a smack in the chops, but doesn't cause you to lose any of your synchronisation bars. And gentle push works for the beggars after the third or fouth time they walk infront of you

ScytheOfGrim
05-17-2008, 01:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Indifferent I spent time worrying for an immortal horse's life... I'm not sure to feel sheepish or surprised at my ability to not go insane doing inane things... I mean... I also made it a point never to kill the beggar ladies, crazy guys, not-guard people no matter how ungodly annoying they got.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See why it's just so much more relaxing to stab anything that moves?

Punch a drunkard into the Damascus Canal and let out a sigh of relief...

Then go on a killing spree...

Kaxen6
05-17-2008, 01:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Indifferent I spent time worrying for an immortal horse's life... I'm not sure to feel sheepish or surprised at my ability to not go insane doing inane things... I mean... I also made it a point never to kill the beggar ladies, crazy guys, not-guard people no matter how ungodly annoying they got.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then go on a killing spree... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's principle, dagnabit! I'm a woman of principle! Completely arbitrary and nonsensical ones! But principles!

-_-' Seriously... I'm an inept gamer or I managed to get a copy of AC where all the guards AI is actually good... I don't like getting in trouble...

ScytheOfGrim
05-17-2008, 01:41 AM
... then kill discretely... -_-

The important thing is that you throw every single darned principle out of the window when you play a video game.

If they give you the ability to kill, you won't get your money's worth back until you abuse it. ^_^

LaurenIsSoMosh
05-17-2008, 01:42 AM

Then go on a killing spree... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Not if he pushes you in first. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

I love how they're too drunk to stand up straight when it's not alert, but then when you kill someone, immediately and miraculously they can find the sobriety to jump off the boat like a maniac and hop from pole to pole back to dry land. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Kaxen6
05-17-2008, 01:44 AM
... then kill discretely... -_-

The important thing is that you throw every single darned principle out of the window when you play a video game.

If they give you the ability to kill, you won't get your money's worth back until you abuse it. ^_^ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

&gt;_&gt; Well, currently I am on a quest to find and secretly shank all 60 Templars... Haven't played in a while. My brother is a jerk who hides the controller like a bloody five-year-old.

Bobfish_Almight
05-17-2008, 01:44 AM
It's no surprise to me. A sudden shock like that, followed by the flood of adrenaline, and you can be sober in an instant. Then fifteen times as drunk once the fight or flight wears off and the beer and adrenaline mix together in your bloodstream

Archetype_Zero
05-17-2008, 02:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kaxen6:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif I spent time worrying for an immortal horse's life... I'm not sure to feel sheepish or surprised at my ability to not go insane doing inane things... I mean... I also made it a point never to kill the beggar ladies, crazy guys, not-guard people no matter how ungodly annoying they got. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i play that way too, in a way. but i have a different way of going about it. i suppose i continued to play the way Altair is when you first start the game. i play with an arrogant disregard for the rules and peoples' lives, because that seems to fit the way Altair thinks at the beginning.

as the game progresses though, i'll admit i got a little carried away with that style, i didn't really adapt to the way his views changed. i was too addicted to killing all obstacles...

i'm actually replaying the game but trying not to take any lives that aren't necessary. i'm even blending after an alarm rather than killing every guard i come across :P

Bobfish_Almight
05-17-2008, 02:49 AM
I have a habit of getting a little wound up on ocassion and taking out a beggar or a crazy. Usually when I'm doing one of the assassinate sub quests simple because they've made me fail so many Gods damned times. Now that kind of behaviour does make you wonder about them being the worst NPCs, just in a different way than this thread means

LaurenIsSoMosh
05-17-2008, 02:59 AM
I say the best way to get the beggars to stop is to pull out your fists and punch the nearest person. Alert level stays the same and everyone backs off from you.

Bobfish_Almight
05-17-2008, 03:07 AM
That can alert guards sometimes though. It depends how antsy they are

Kaxen6
05-17-2008, 09:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Archetype_Zero:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kaxen6:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif I spent time worrying for an immortal horse's life... I'm not sure to feel sheepish or surprised at my ability to not go insane doing inane things... I mean... I also made it a point never to kill the beggar ladies, crazy guys, not-guard people no matter how ungodly annoying they got. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i play that way too, in a way. but i have a different way of going about it. i suppose i continued to play the way Altair is when you first start the game. i play with an arrogant disregard for the rules and peoples' lives, because that seems to fit the way Altair thinks at the beginning.

as the game progresses though, i'll admit i got a little carried away with that style, i didn't really adapt to the way his views changed. i was too addicted to killing all obstacles...

i'm actually replaying the game but trying not to take any lives that aren't necessary. i'm even blending after an alarm rather than killing every guard i come across :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I am doing on my replay also. Trying to be the most sneaky assassin ever... or at least one who can hide really fast xD

Bobfish_Almight
05-17-2008, 09:48 AM
Have you ever noticed that scholars never seem to be around when you really need them?