PDA

View Full Version : What if desmond can relive his OWN memories?

protesthishero
08-29-2011, 09:29 PM
Has anyone ever thought of this before? If so, forgive me but it opens up a lot of new possibilities and some old ones as well ( desmond and subject sixteen ). Discuss! And im typing from my phone, so my grammar might be a little off, so sorry in advance!

<span class="ev_code_RED">These are all ages Forums so please make sure your content is appropriate.</span>

protesthishero
08-29-2011, 09:29 PM
Has anyone ever thought of this before? If so, forgive me but it opens up a lot of new possibilities and some old ones as well ( desmond and subject sixteen ). Discuss! And im typing from my phone, so my grammar might be a little off, so sorry in advance!

<span class="ev_code_RED">These are all ages Forums so please make sure your content is appropriate.</span>

naran6142
08-29-2011, 09:35 PM
well desmond will be reliving some of his own memories in ACR

i'll let someone else comment on the being stoned part

Moultonborough
08-29-2011, 09:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:
well desmond will be reliving some of his own memories in ACR

i'll let someone else comment on the being stoned part </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree on both parts. It should be interesting to see how it progresses throughout the game. I Can't Wait anymore. Is it Nov. 15th yet?

Calvarok
08-29-2011, 10:19 PM
I've thought about this so much. I see no reason he couldn't. But I don't think that the story will require him to purposefully relive his own memories, except as a device to allow you to re-play the Desmond segments. Which would be cool because starting a new game is annoying just for a few missions/scenes/dialogue.

protesthishero
08-30-2011, 01:01 AM
In keeping with the inception-esque themes, it would be cool if des relives a memory of him reliving an ancestor's memory.

Panfaun
08-30-2011, 01:09 AM
Lol, when I first saw the title of this thread I was like wtf! But with the animus, it seems like once you do it once, you never forget.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by protesthishero:
In keeping with the inception-esque themes, it would be cool if des relives a memory of him reliving an ancestor's memory. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm a little tired of comparing Assassin's Creed with Inception. Lmao, wouldn't that be sorta redundant seeing as I don't think that'd serve any real purpose.

AntiChrist7
08-30-2011, 02:46 AM
well since memories are stored in the dna (including your own), and the animus lets you acces them, i see no reason why not

Serrachio
08-30-2011, 03:30 AM
I wouldn't think that Desmond would be 're-living' his memories.

I'd say that it would allow him to remember his memories that are unknown to us, and allow us to play through them as if he were recollecting them with the Animus' help to find something within them.

Panfaun
08-30-2011, 04:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AntiChrist7:
well since memories are stored in the dna (including your own), and the animus lets you acces them, i see no reason why not </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Desmond's memories aren't stored in his DNA yet. Like the Animus lets you see stuff passed down in your DNA. for the mind, you just gotta remember since POEs don't work ocmpletely on Hybrid people.

Samuel032593
08-30-2011, 02:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Panfaun:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AntiChrist7:
well since memories are stored in the dna (including your own), and the animus lets you acces them, i see no reason why not </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Desmond's memories aren't stored in his DNA yet. Like the Animus lets you see stuff passed down in your DNA. for the mind, you just gotta remember since POEs don't work ocmpletely on Hybrid people. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That doesn't make any sense to me, then where are his memories stored, do they just linger in his mind until conception of another child? That just doesn't sound right. I would say it's possible, and if I'm not mistaken, it's actually been confirmed that we will play in Desmond's memories.

LightRey
08-30-2011, 02:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Panfaun:

Desmond's memories aren't stored in his DNA yet. Like the Animus lets you see stuff passed down in your DNA. for the mind, you just gotta remember since POEs don't work ocmpletely on Hybrid people. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's just completely wrong.

Cercatrova
08-30-2011, 04:52 PM
... Hybrid people? Referring to those who are of the First civilisation and human blood? Is there any evidence to support the notion of POE functionality or lack thereof? My impression is that no distinction has been made in regards to the effect a POE can have on someone who descends from both races, at least from all of the lore I have read.

So if this is what you mean, are you saying the POE which can control minds can not control a "hybrid'd" mind, but then also the shroud could also not heal one?

Black_Widow9
08-30-2011, 05:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by protesthishero:

<span class="ev_code_RED">These are all ages Forums so please make sure your content is appropriate.</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please use the Find button in the Hints and Tips Forum. I know you'll find you are not the 1st to wonder this. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>