PDA

View Full Version : Two Hookblades?

NuclearFuss
11-21-2011, 02:48 PM
To me it seems much more practical to have two hookblades rather than one. It'd improve climbing, and I'd bet there would be some interesting new combat moves. I just can't think of a reason why Ezio doesn't get a second one. The only possible problem maybe that he can't slash with the blades in combat.

Anyway, would you guys want two hookblades? Or do you think it's gonna make climbing so ridiculously and unrealistically fast?

NuclearFuss
11-21-2011, 02:48 PM
To me it seems much more practical to have two hookblades rather than one. It'd improve climbing, and I'd bet there would be some interesting new combat moves. I just can't think of a reason why Ezio doesn't get a second one. The only possible problem maybe that he can't slash with the blades in combat.

Anyway, would you guys want two hookblades? Or do you think it's gonna make climbing so ridiculously and unrealistically fast?

YHHTQ
11-21-2011, 02:50 PM
I wouldn't.

Also, I hope that the hookblade, in case they include in AC3, is optional just like the secound hidden-blade was in Brotherhood.

reini03
11-21-2011, 03:02 PM
I think I'd prefer just the single one. Having two of them seems weird to me... somehow...

Blind2Society
11-21-2011, 03:04 PM
I like the hookblade, I thought it was great. Before the game released I wasn't too optimistic but was proven wrong.

Anyway, yes two does seem like it would be more efficient though it also seems it would be more efficient if the hook was lower on the blade (the game just neglects the fact that it would be impossible to stab otherwise). However, they needed to leave something for AC3 right? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

YHHTQ
11-21-2011, 03:05 PM
Quite honestly, I HATE the hookblade visually. I think that in the artwork for the game, the thing looks awesome but in-game, it looks terrible really.

I do like however how the climbing feels more smooth while using it.

S-EVANS
11-21-2011, 03:49 PM
In the original i use to fear certain battles for fear of dying in them, it actually forced you to run for your life. this doesnt exsist in revelations and i never fail in battle anymore...

part of the reason is because escaping is so easy with the hookblade you can retreat up the nearest building so quick the enemy hardly has chance to knock you down with rocks...

so the speed he will climb with 2 spring loaded hookblades will mean escaping from your enemys will become so easy even without combining the hook over a guard option...

plus the enjoyment of climbing tall towers has already been reduced two hookblades will make those towers feel like small walls...

on the other side of the coin the hookblade makes sense on ziplines and when you use laterns it provides you with two choices in direction...

horses for corses maybe ?

IntoxicEIGHT
11-21-2011, 04:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by S-EVANS:
In the original i use to fear certain battles for fear of dying in them, it actually forced you to run for your life. this doesnt exsist in revelations and i never fail in battle anymore...
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You used to fail battles in previous AC games? they've always been a slaughter fest...

S-EVANS
11-21-2011, 04:12 PM
hell ya in the original you lose all your weapons and abilities...

in the early stages your forced to pretty much button mash and i came a cropper from time to time, not to mention the main targets it was much harder to run and hide in the original. water in AC II made hiding a breeze you just dived into water and waited until he ran out of breath, job done no running away for ages.

i use to die during fights in the original often, but i no longer do unless its from a fall now, most fails in revelations are from detection. if you want to be picky i died a few times in the horse/cart scene

S-EVANS
11-21-2011, 04:16 PM
I think those who started playing from AC II missed out on so much gameplay and story and i feel sorry for them in a way, because to go from brotherhood to buying the original they will hate it because of the differences..

they will be use to the extra moves, and ease of play. far better to go forward than backwards. i still maintain that the original was repetive but dam what a ride...

never to experience the hard work to regain your status and weapons instead of waiting 20mins and buying them...

such a shame!!

E-Zekiel
11-21-2011, 04:26 PM
I have to disagree simply because I think the hook blade looks really, really, stupid, despite how useful it is :/

Sarari
11-21-2011, 05:23 PM
Though the hookblade provides much help throughout the game, I think the hookblade itself makes climbing look very unrealistic. Not that Assassin's Creed is realistic to begin with, but there are limits to somethings.

Personally, I don't think I'd use it a lot, unless I'm running from guards and I was just slip past one of them like he did in the trailer http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif that move is is too cool.