PDA

View Full Version : Classic Games Questions

Pr0metheus 1962
12-19-2007, 09:20 AM
Is there any way to add annotation to Chessmaster 11's classic games? Most seem to exist with no annotation whatsoever. I tried to add some annotation to one of the games yesterday but the dialog box won't accept text and although there's a right-click 'paste' option it doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong or is this a feature that's incomplete?

Also, is there any way to add games to the classic games database?

Pr0metheus 1962
12-19-2007, 09:20 AM
Is there any way to add annotation to Chessmaster 11's classic games? Most seem to exist with no annotation whatsoever. I tried to add some annotation to one of the games yesterday but the dialog box won't accept text and although there's a right-click 'paste' option it doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong or is this a feature that's incomplete?

Also, is there any way to add games to the classic games database?

diskamyl
12-19-2007, 02:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Beeryus:

Also, is there any way to add games to the classic games database? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

chessmaster is terrible for analysing games. it's just an unnecessary challenge. try "chessdb" (which is free and A LOT better than CM for analysis), and the engine "fruit" (which is also free and A LOT stronger than the CM engine), and there you go!

Pr0metheus 1962
12-19-2007, 03:43 PM
I think you're misunderstanding me. I don't need Chessmaster (or any other program) to analyse the games, I just want to add my own notes to the annotation window.

diskamyl
12-20-2007, 04:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Beeryus:
I think you're misunderstanding me. I don't need Chessmaster (or any other program) to analyse the games, I just want to add my own notes to the annotation window. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmm, adding annotations should be considered within the process of analysing games, I think?

but still, you can annotate games using those free database programs too, AND analyse variations etc. by yourself or with the help of an engine.

anyway, I cannot answer your specific question.

Pr0metheus 1962
12-20-2007, 07:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by diskamyl:
adding annotations should be considered within the process of analysing games, I think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course, but 'professional level' game analysis has nothing to do with what I was asking. As well as my own amateur analysis I wanted to make historical notes regarding a game. I'm more interested in the history of chess than I am in the theory and practice of the game. No chess engine can tell me what cafe Pierre de St. Amant was playing in during a game in 1851, or on what move Bobby Fischer and Boris Spassky adjourned a particular game.