PDA

View Full Version : Spitfire mkVc bug



WUAF_Darkangel
01-06-2005, 02:03 AM
Dear Mr Oleg Maddox 10 minutes ago i discovered a "SpitfireMVc" folder located right next to the SpitfireMKVIII folder. I have v 3.03m and i installed this over 3.02bm. The mkvc does not appear to be flyable by either human or AI players. I also verified this bug with some of the people online in hyperlobby that evening.

DeerHunterUK
01-06-2005, 07:51 AM
I've never noticed that before, good find there. Perhaps the dev team have put the folder there as a marker for future use, maybe in the next patch?

Arm_slinger
01-06-2005, 08:42 AM
It's coming http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.....

VW-IceFire
01-06-2005, 10:10 PM
We heard it was coming... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

hotspace
01-07-2005, 05:19 AM
I heard that the model was rejected awhile back....

Hot Space

Extreme_One
01-07-2005, 06:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HotSpace:
I heard that the model was rejected awhile back....

Hot Space <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you know if it's being reworked or have they scrapped it?

Arm_slinger
01-07-2005, 07:26 AM
It's been worked on, and from what i can remember, its been submitted

CKY_86
01-07-2005, 08:13 AM
what was the mvc spit

Arm_slinger
01-07-2005, 09:13 AM
Yep

p1ngu666
01-07-2005, 10:27 AM
VC had 2 20mm per wing 4 total or it 4 303 and 2 20mm altogether, but 120round magazine for cannons i think

NORAD_Zooly10
01-08-2005, 03:47 PM
but the ground crews routinely removed the 2nd set of 20mm cannon apparently it had something to do with a degradation in performance.
~S~
Zooly

hotspace
01-08-2005, 06:39 PM
No, I heard it was submitted but was rejected for whatever reason before PF came out. Not sure if it's being worked on now though....

Hot Space

Arm_slinger
01-09-2005, 08:52 AM
You've obviously not read my posts then http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

CKY_86
01-09-2005, 08:59 AM
so basiclly its like any other spit http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Willey
01-09-2005, 09:24 AM
bombloads... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

hotspace
01-09-2005, 11:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Arm_slinger:
You've obviously not read my posts then http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Read your post? I struggle to even think sometimes http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Hot Space

Arm_slinger
01-09-2005, 11:52 AM
LOL

Well from when i spoke to the modeler last ( a while now) he said (from memory) that he submitted it. Since its been made from the Seafire and MkVIII models them i'm pretty certain we will see the Vc soon http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif



Yes its like any other MkV, but has one ***** of a temper with 4 20mm's http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

CKY_86
01-09-2005, 01:01 PM
so i take it were getting the 4 20mm armed version

*crosses fingers*

Arm_slinger
01-09-2005, 01:36 PM
I certainly hope so or i'm going to look a right turnip http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

CKY_86
01-09-2005, 01:56 PM
hmmm interesting if we get the 20mm version we could have a new uber uber plane http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

hotspace
01-09-2005, 02:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Arm_slinger:
I certainly hope so or i'm going to look a right turnip http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

..........or a very small onion at least http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Good news on the Vc Front though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Hot Space

p1ngu666
01-09-2005, 04:34 PM
yep http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

itll be like a hurri with teh cannons but better....

itll perform worse than a V tho, so it wont be that uber

hotspace
01-09-2005, 05:42 PM
Still be fun to have another Spit, shame it's not Griffon one though....

Hot Space

DeerHunterUK
01-10-2005, 05:10 AM
I was rather hoping for the 2 cannon and 4 machine gun jobbie. But any Spitfire addition is certainly welcome here. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Zapatistas
01-10-2005, 03:47 PM
Well the MkVC was by no means as popular as the MkVB in the production house, Anyway heres some info on the MkVC:

http://www.kingfloyd22.plus.com/MkVArm1.jpg

This pic below is MkVA+B+C, A at the top and C at the bottom.

http://www.kingfloyd22.plus.com/MkVArm2.jpg

http://www.kingfloyd22.plus.com/MkVArm3.jpg

VW-IceFire
01-10-2005, 04:49 PM
Nice visuals!

Keep in mind that not all Mark Vc's were fitted with all 4 cannons. Most were 2 cannons. It was rare to find a 4 cannon version...although there was definately some to be found.

faustnik
01-10-2005, 05:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
Nice visuals!

Keep in mind that not all Mark Vc's were fitted with all 4 cannons. Most were 2 cannons. It was rare to find a 4 cannon version...although there was definately some to be found. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If a Vc is going to be added, why not the 4xHispano version? The 2xHispano version would be very similar to, or slightly worse than, what we have. Bring on the 4 cannon version. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

JG53Frankyboy
01-10-2005, 05:20 PM
hadnt the Spitfire Mk.Vc used in the far east and australia a dust filter ?

if so, degrated in engine power , the additonal weight of 4 Hispanos , i wouldnt expect too much http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

i also would like to see dust filter equipted Hurricane Mk.IIbs , like the flew early 1942 over Singapore, Sumatra and Java http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
as best with the armament option "8x.303 MG" to reduce weight (and firepower) but increase performance.

p1ngu666
01-10-2005, 09:58 PM
hurris flew in east till end of war, not all of em had dust filters http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

be nice to get some more hurri's too i have plans for hurri IID/IV with the 40mm cannons, and also rocket rails...

p1ngu666
01-10-2005, 10:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HotSpace:
Still be fun to have another Spit, shame it's not Griffon one though....

Hot Space <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

got sumin for u

http://premium1.uploadit.org/pingu666/uberspit.jpg
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif


the http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif is the pilot http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

VW-IceFire
01-10-2005, 10:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by faustnik:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
Nice visuals!

Keep in mind that not all Mark Vc's were fitted with all 4 cannons. Most were 2 cannons. It was rare to find a 4 cannon version...although there was definately some to be found. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If a Vc is going to be added, why not the 4xHispano version? The 2xHispano version would be very similar to, or slightly worse than, what we have. Bring on the 4 cannon version. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm all in favor...as long as every time a new pilot flies the plane they have to read and sign a disclaimer that says "I will not believe that all C wing type Spitfires have 4 cannons. Only a few do and rarely do they ever appear." Infact, they have to read it three times and sign it six times just to be sure that they don't get the wrong impression and come on here beating their chests about how the Spitfire sucks and that Oleg has robbed them of two cannons.

Then I'll be ok with the 4 cannon Mark Vc. I look forward to it actually.

faustnik
01-10-2005, 10:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
I'm all in favor...as long as every time a new pilot flies the plane they have to read and sign a disclaimer that says "I will not believe that all C wing type Spitfires have 4 cannons. Only a few do and rarely do they ever appear." Infact, they have to read it three times and sign it six times just to be sure that they don't get the wrong impression and come on here beating their chests about how the Spitfire sucks and that Oleg has robbed them of two cannons.

Then I'll be ok with the 4 cannon Mark Vc. I look forward to it actually. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Please include a clause "I will not gloat about the power of my four Hispano cannons to Fw190 pilots".

Rab03
01-11-2005, 12:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG53Frankyboy:
hadnt the Spitfire Mk.Vc used in the far east and australia a dust filter ?

if so, degrated in engine power , the additonal weight of 4 Hispanos , i wouldnt expect too much http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You got that right-Spitfires Mk Vc were (to my knowledge) equipped with bulky sand filters-much worse solution than that applied to Messerschmitts. Vc version was intensively used in Africa (later in Italy) and somewhere in southeast Asia. Also, Spitfires Mk Vc that formed 352nd (Yugoslav) squadron of RAF, operated in Italy, Vis island in Adriatic sea and mainland Yugoslavia.

There were Hurricanes equipped with simmilar bulky sand filters, too. Mostly tank-busting versions, Mk IVRP and possibly some other, used in Africa.

JG53Frankyboy
01-11-2005, 05:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by faustnik:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
Nice visuals!

Keep in mind that not all Mark Vc's were fitted with all 4 cannons. Most were 2 cannons. It was rare to find a 4 cannon version...although there was definately some to be found. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If a Vc is going to be added, why not the 4xHispano version? The 2xHispano version would be very similar to, or slightly worse than, what we have. Bring on the 4 cannon version. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm all in favor...as long as every time a new pilot flies the plane they have to read and sign a disclaimer that says "I will not believe that all C wing type Spitfires have 4 cannons. Only a few do and rarely do they ever appear." Infact, they have to read it three times and sign it six times just to be sure that they don't get the wrong impression and come on here beating their chests about how the Spitfire sucks and that Oleg has robbed them of two cannons.

Then I'll be ok with the 4 cannon Mark Vc. I look forward to it actually. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

same in Bf109G6/U4 , only 60 were build in 1943 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
not to speak about using a MK108 armed BF110G-2 in 1942 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
first the Bf110G-2 itself (read twice , the 110 ! )entered service january 43 , and the MK108 armament entered production line in December 43 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

hotspace
01-11-2005, 07:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by p1ngu666:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HotSpace:
Still be fun to have another Spit, shame it's not Griffon one though....

Hot Space <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

got sumin for u

http://premium1.uploadit.org/pingu666/uberspit.jpg
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif


the http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif is the pilot http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A-ha, ze 1st Griffon Spitfire Prototype - DP845 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Just think what those 6 Cannons could do if they're real http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Hot Space

VW-IceFire
01-11-2005, 08:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by faustnik:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
I'm all in favor...as long as every time a new pilot flies the plane they have to read and sign a disclaimer that says "I will not believe that all C wing type Spitfires have 4 cannons. Only a few do and rarely do they ever appear." Infact, they have to read it three times and sign it six times just to be sure that they don't get the wrong impression and come on here beating their chests about how the Spitfire sucks and that Oleg has robbed them of two cannons.

Then I'll be ok with the 4 cannon Mark Vc. I look forward to it actually. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Please include a clause "I will not gloat about the power of my four Hispano cannons to Fw190 pilots". <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sure, I'll manage to fit that in somewhere http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

p1ngu666
01-11-2005, 09:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by faustnik:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
I'm all in favor...as long as every time a new pilot flies the plane they have to read and sign a disclaimer that says "I will not believe that all C wing type Spitfires have 4 cannons. Only a few do and rarely do they ever appear." Infact, they have to read it three times and sign it six times just to be sure that they don't get the wrong impression and come on here beating their chests about how the Spitfire sucks and that Oleg has robbed them of two cannons.

Then I'll be ok with the 4 cannon Mark Vc. I look forward to it actually. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Please include a clause "I will not gloat about the power of my four Hispano cannons to Fw190 pilots". <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sure, I'll manage to fit that in somewhere http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

dunno, might lose that by acciendent on mine http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

SlickStick
01-11-2005, 10:27 AM
As has been stated, a four-cannon Spit would be like having a faster Hurri Mk IIc. Yummy. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

horseback
01-11-2005, 11:01 AM
Mk Vc Spits rarely (as has been repeatedly pointed out) carried 4x20mm cannon. The major diff, as I understand it, was that the cannon were belt fed, rather than magazine fed, allowing the Spit to carry more ammo, hence, more high powered firing time. This wing & armament was standard on the early Mk IX.

The big bulky sand filter that marred the lines (and performance) of tropically optimized Spit Vs and various Hurris was a Vokes' filter, and it was an abomination. RAF ground crew eventually recognized this, and a number of less 'draggy' designs and mods were seen in the Desert and the Med, the most recognizable being the Aboukir filter, still less aerodynamic than the 'Universal' filter placed on Seafires and Mk VIII and IX Spits.

cheers

horseback

269GA-Veltro
01-13-2005, 07:48 AM
Interesting.....i love the Mark VC serie.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

You are talking only about Mark Vc, or also about Seafire IIIc?

http://www.nowonline.at/shop/catalog/images/AI-05110.jpg

If we'll have both Mark VC and MC 202...he he..

http://www.oldgloryprints.com/Gallant_Ohio.jpg