PDA

View Full Version : Immersion and Sturmovik Stab

Ace_Hyflyer
10-08-2005, 09:10 PM
I've finally got IL-2 Stab and IL-2 Mat working properly. The immersion is incredible. Planes now look weathered properly, and look great.

The war diary in Stab is very good at increasing immersion. I normally get to fly a mission every day or so, and after the mission make an entry into my log. Now I really feel like I am flying in the war!

Anyway, I'd just like to recommend these incredible programs and give a massive thanks to those who wrote them!

Chris

Ace_Hyflyer
10-08-2005, 09:10 PM
I've finally got IL-2 Stab and IL-2 Mat working properly. The immersion is incredible. Planes now look weathered properly, and look great.

The war diary in Stab is very good at increasing immersion. I normally get to fly a mission every day or so, and after the mission make an entry into my log. Now I really feel like I am flying in the war!

Anyway, I'd just like to recommend these incredible programs and give a massive thanks to those who wrote them!

Chris

han freak solo
10-09-2005, 10:05 PM
I gotta admit, I've never messed around with those programs. What do they do exactly?

Ace_Hyflyer
10-09-2005, 11:09 PM
Well. IL-2 Stab is mostly a configuration utility, to easily configure things like arcade mode, and other things in Conf.ini. Also, it can be used to enable the hakenkreuz (swastika) as well as the correct German ranks and medals, etc. It also includes a free-form War Diary that you can record your thoughts in after every mission.

IL-2 Mat and Mat Manager are utilities to adjust the markings on airplanes. IL-2 Mat is the utility that actually switches the markings, and IL-2 Mat Manager is used to configure which markings to use.

HTH,
Chris

stubby
10-12-2005, 06:47 AM
Mat Manager is by far one of the best enhancements to Il2. With the latest version (ie being able to see panel lines and rivets through the emblems), it's a masterpiece.

Hey Ace - I fly a lot offline but don't use the Stab program. It works great for Dgen but if you like to use DCG coops for offline, then you got to do it using notepad. Keeping a diary does tons of immersion but also flying your guy as 'dead-is-dead' is even better. I just completed a 100 mission guy, alive!

Bearcat99
10-12-2005, 09:26 AM
IL2 Manager is pretty good too.. although there are some overlapping functions with IL2 Stab.

VonShlagnoff
10-12-2005, 11:38 AM
silly question, but where can you get them?

Kuna15
10-12-2005, 12:30 PM
@VonShlagnoff -

http://www.users.on.net/~mjtm/IL-2/index.html
IL-2 Shturmovik Stab

http://www.leigh-kemp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/MATfiles.htm
IL-2 MAT Manager

Be sure to read the IL-2 MAT Manager README file(s). Otherwise chances are you wont be able to setup it properly.
MAT Manager is a must IMHO. Maybe the best 3rd party utility for FB/PF. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Saunders1953
10-12-2005, 03:27 PM
Can any of you guys tell me whether IL2 Stab or IL2 Manager will give the kind of stats that I've seen for onliners for offline flying--# of kills, who shot who down, etc? Basically, I'm wondering if there is a program that reads the event log, which seems to list all those stats--but which is almopst impossible for me to decipher the few times I've tried.

Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

FlatSpinMan
10-12-2005, 07:06 PM
@Saunders,
I use them and as far as I know they don't have that feature.I definitely recommend MatManagaer though for the improved markings - they make every skin look way better.

Saunders1953
10-12-2005, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the info on the Stabs, Flatspin. I've been using MatManager for a long time. It's great!