PDA

View Full Version : AC Brotherhood PC

MinerVAX09
12-10-2010, 04:58 AM
Is it true? The release date is on February 22, 2011???

MinerVAX09
12-10-2010, 04:58 AM
Is it true? The release date is on February 22, 2011???

Mr_Shade
12-10-2010, 05:02 AM
Currently it's officially listed as being released in Q1 2011.

There is no other date other than that - however some sites seem to be listing the title as due to be released on that date.

I personally would watch the official AC website for the correct date, and treat those dates with a pinch of salt.

rocketxsurgeon
12-10-2010, 05:02 AM
As far as i'm aware, it's February http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ru1986
12-10-2010, 08:13 AM
Play AC on a console if i were you tis made for consoles therefore tis much more fun on them IMO.

Murcuseo
12-10-2010, 08:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ru1986:
Play AC on a console if i were you tis made for consoles therefore tis much more fun on them IMO. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you played AC on both consoles and PC to be able to make that comparison?. I haven't played it on consoles yet so can't really comment.

Out of interest, what makes playing it on consoles more fun?

MT4K
12-10-2010, 08:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ru1986:
Play AC on a console if i were you tis made for consoles therefore tis much more fun on them IMO. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why play it on a console when you can play it on a pc and have better graphics and smoother gameplay (if you got a good pc anyway).

If you mean control wise, you can use game pads on the pc too, i have multiple game pads attached to my pc currently.

The only advantage the consoles have is the earlier release (but that is an annoyingly good bonus). http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Ru1986
12-10-2010, 08:39 AM
I have (not with Brotherhood but with AC2) and IMO consoles are better for gaming all round now, they never used to be but i would say now they are better.

More fun because they are simpler controls and you do not have to use a massive keyboard which after working on one all day can get a bit dull.

I know its the same game utimatley but consoles are just made for gaming so its logical they would be more user friendly especially when the game is made for consoles like AC is.

This is only my opinnion i just think PC's are great for certain games but majoritivley consoles are more user friendly when it comes to gaming.

I have always thought PC's for Working, Consoles for gaming.

SolidSnakeMat
12-10-2010, 08:49 AM
I personally hate PC gaming. I'm sticking to consoles mate.

Victoroos
12-10-2010, 08:55 AM
ac2 releas, so not sure ;D hoping, hooooping

Murcuseo
12-10-2010, 09:02 AM
Consoles are certainly lower maintenance and user friendly. But, you can get controllers for PC's so the choice not to play with keyboard & mouse is still there. Although Ubisoft were pretty lazy when it came to key bindings in ACII. Hopefully they get the finger out this time and port it properly so PC users have all the options that were missing.

Personally I have both K&M and 360 controller for PC. I use the controller for games like Batman and Prototype but prefer to use K&M for FPS and AC. PC is more diverse in that sense.

I don't really know how someone can say they hate PC gaming, due to hate being such a strong word. It's just different, more technical if you want it to be. Which I do at times. I quite enjoy console gaming with friends but for solo play you can't really beat the diversity of a PC.

I'm definately middle ground when it comes to opinions on gaming platforms. lol

ViNyLek
12-10-2010, 10:41 AM
I love PC gaming and think it is way better than console. Having said that I own 60+ games for consoles as opposed to some 20 for PC.

Main reason is because devs release games for consoles and then just create some half assed port for PC, which is bithc to control and has no graphical settings other then low medium or high.

Always before I buy it, I download a copy or a demo and if it sticks I'll get the game. More often than not that is not the case.

Razrback16
12-10-2010, 11:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MT4K:

Why play it on a console when you can play it on a pc and have better graphics and smoother gameplay (if you got a good pc anyway).

If you mean control wise, you can use game pads on the pc too, i have multiple game pads attached to my pc currently.

The only advantage the consoles have is the earlier release (but that is an annoyingly good bonus). http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well-said.

Comparing a properly built gaming PC to a console is like comparing a Ferrari to a Honda Civic.

The specific differences in AC are like MT4K said above -- significant graphics upgrades, along with smoother gameplay. All PS3s are the same, just like all XBOX 360s are the same in terms of hardware. With the PC you can customize your graphics settings, higher or lower depending on your hardware. With a console, you are boxed in to the same hardware permanently.

There are two pros with these consoles as it relates to AC -- 1. They're simple to set up and use, as some users aren't technologically experienced enough to build and maintain a gaming rig PC. 2. AC games are released first on the consoles.

YHHTQ
12-10-2010, 11:42 AM
I played AC and AC2 on both console and PC and even though I appreciate the extra filters and boost to the resolution, it's still noticeably a console game first and foremost.

Also, it was never really optimized to begin with, since there's so many framerate fluctuations that it becomes a nuisance, every so often; Also, the sequel doesn't even support DX10, unlike the original.

Still, I'm pretty sure I'll buy the PC version once it's released... Probably the north american SE, since I bought the Codex. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

LCGuardian
12-10-2010, 12:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
I personally would watch the official AC website for the correct date, and treat those dates with a pinch of salt. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Although, I remember for AC2 that the Ubisoft site never updated their date for AC2 PC (I think it was stuck at 17/19 November 2009) and we got the actual dates from gaming sites that received the info from Ubisoft. I'd take the main Ubisoft with a grain of salt as well, because I'm not sure how much it is actaully updated.

Razrback16
12-11-2010, 12:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YHHTQ:
I played AC and AC2 on both console and PC and even though I appreciate the extra filters and boost to the resolution, it's still noticeably a console game first and foremost.

Also, it was never really optimized to begin with, since there's so many framerate fluctuations that it becomes a nuisance, every so often; Also, the sequel doesn't even support DX10, unlike the original.

Still, I'm pretty sure I'll buy the PC version once it's released... Probably the north american SE, since I bought the Codex. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The DirectX version was also a common complaint of mine with AC2 -- they did DX10 for AC1 but not AC2 or ACB -- the game already looks way better on the PC than on the console, and just imagine how much better it would look if they used the latest DirectX11 for ACB. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Wow!

And yes, IMO, the best way to play Assassin's Creed is to use the PC with a USB controller either for the XBOX (what I use) or the PS3. The game was designed specifically for those controllers, and is much easier/fun to play with a controller.

AubreyWilborn
12-11-2010, 03:10 PM
Somwhere on the Ubisoft online store, the release date for PC ACB was listed as "Spring 2011". Now, Febuary isn't spring, but March is. Also, March and Febuary are both in "Q1".

All of this being said, I personally wouldn't look for the PC version of ACB before March. I could be wrong, of course, and we would all know for sure if Ubisoft actually released a release date.

As for PC gaming vs. console gaming-I'm all bout PC gaming because of the customizable nature inherent in PC gaming. You can play the same game any way you want depending on your hardware, and you can always upgrade your computer with more hardware to make it more effective. I recently bought a graphics card and more memmory for my PC, and it's like a completely new machine.

salad10203
12-15-2010, 06:11 PM
This is a pc forum, there shouldn't even be people posting if they aren't going to play it on pc.