PDA

View Full Version : Level Bombing proceedures

Mr_Stubs
12-25-2004, 04:27 PM
S! All,

I've been trying to decipher the bombing protocol for those aircraft that have a bombsight, (He111, B-25). I've mapped the bombsight controls to the "num pad" (increase distance--Num 8, decrease distance--Num 2, etc.). I've tried toggle gunsight--shift F1, toggle level autopilot--ShiftA, toggle autopilot--A, invarious combinations with the bombsight controls without any sucess.

Can anyone tell me how to setup the functions? Is there a written "manual" out there?

Thanks
Stubs

Mr_Stubs
12-25-2004, 04:27 PM
S! All,

I've been trying to decipher the bombing protocol for those aircraft that have a bombsight, (He111, B-25). I've mapped the bombsight controls to the "num pad" (increase distance--Num 8, decrease distance--Num 2, etc.). I've tried toggle gunsight--shift F1, toggle level autopilot--ShiftA, toggle autopilot--A, invarious combinations with the bombsight controls without any sucess.

Can anyone tell me how to setup the functions? Is there a written "manual" out there?

Thanks
Stubs

Akronnick
12-25-2004, 04:49 PM
You need to map a couple more functions
level stabilizer - will keep the plane flying straight and level
and toggle gunsight automation - will lock the bombsight on target and release the bombs automatically

don't use toggle level autopilot, that controls whether the autopilot switches automatically when you switch crew positions.

also be sure to use true and not indicated airspeed.

and if you can't see the bombsight reticle when you switch to gunsight view, hold the plane straight and level until it appears, this could take as much as 30 seconds or more.

WildeSau
12-25-2004, 05:31 PM
go over to Help using the He111 bombsight (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/alphas/Bombing%20help%20web%20pages_files/frame.htm)

or here another one that is really good and detailed - it worked for me.

airwarfare.com (http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/FB/fb_he111_bombing_guide.htm)

Hope you can get it done.

WildeSau

Mr_Stubs
12-25-2004, 09:37 PM
Hey!! Thanks for the drections.