PDA

View Full Version : How much I love Assassin's Creed - Fan Review

M1SF0RTUNE
06-03-2008, 09:49 PM
Ok first off, if you're gonna read this, you're only reading about my opinion on the game. If you want to comment any of it, feel free. Just gonna get the message across to every other fan (and hopefully the developers) how much I fell in love with this game, and how much I'm going to express it. So readers, enjoy.

M1SF0RTUNE's Review:

At first glance, I shrugged the game off due to the trailers. All I thought about it was how pretty it looked and I never really thought about what this game was really going to be like. But when the day it came out and my friends kept telling me all about it, I had to see what was up. I finally got my chance with the PC version since I don't own a console and was I in for one hell of a surprise. To express how much I loved Assassin's Creed, I begged a friend of mine to let me play it on his Steam account, beat it, then bought the game for my own account and beat it AGAIN. Yes, this is how much I loved Assassin's Creed, whether the money was a waste or not. There are 3 key things I loved about this game and they are: The Design, the Gameplay, and the Graphics.

The Design dazzled me with how amazingly detailed the world was, and how much care was put into it. Everything from the smallest details can constantly amaze me, the cities, the Kingdom, the crowd interaction, everything. It was nothing short of absolutly spectacular. One thing I do have to quibble about is how the city can seem almost too deliberate on "climable" because, yes, you can indeed climb everything in a city, but not everything should be climmable. But otherwise, it's a great way to get around. Also, this may not exactly be in the design, but I loved the Story about the game too. Everything was amazingly unique, especially with the big twist.

The second thing, the Gameplay, has to be my favorite part of the game. I mean what kind of game gives you so much Freedom when accomplishing objectives? And in such a detailed world that almost looks like how a city should look, and it's phenomal how you can be able to climb just about everything. Also, I just love BEING Alair. Being able to do the things he can do in the game is entertaining with every minute, no matter how repetitive the game gets. I could replay every mission a dozen times and never get tired because I'd just try to find different ways to accomplish them. How is there more fun than that? And let's not forget Altair's "crowbar" [Half-Life] or "Master Sword" [The Legend of Zelda], his Hidden Blade. I love how detailed the weapon went and it's so fun to use, even for counters in combat. I can't get enough of using the hidden blade. Hopefully one day, if Ubisoft Montreal decides to, they should make like props like the hidden blade, so if people had conventions, they could go "assassinate" people in there. If there was a toy of that Hidden Blade, I'd buy it without further hesitation.

And finally, the Graphics. We all know Graphics don't make or break a game, but Assassin's Creed is extremely...extremely pretty. And I'm simply amazed how it can look so amazing with the graphics engine used. I even love every detail IN the engine, from physics, to the crowd interaction, the climmable surfaces, everything. The engine in this game is nothing short of unique, and must be used again and again for future games, especially an improved version for Assassin's Creed 2.

That just about sums Assassin's Creed up. I am one of those people who can't play repetitive games cuz it's easy to get bored, but Assassin's Creed to me, is far...FAR away from boring. You will never ever get a game like this anywhere else and I must recommend this game to anybody out there who loves action games, stealth-based games or just any decent game in general, you MUST play Assassin's Creed!

Overall score, 9.9 out of 10. It's not 10, it would be if only a hint of the repetitive gameplay was dropped, but otherwise, I feel this game very much deserves the 9.9, even if the critics won't agree with me.

-M1SF0RTUNE

M1SF0RTUNE
06-03-2008, 09:49 PM
Ok first off, if you're gonna read this, you're only reading about my opinion on the game. If you want to comment any of it, feel free. Just gonna get the message across to every other fan (and hopefully the developers) how much I fell in love with this game, and how much I'm going to express it. So readers, enjoy.

M1SF0RTUNE's Review:

At first glance, I shrugged the game off due to the trailers. All I thought about it was how pretty it looked and I never really thought about what this game was really going to be like. But when the day it came out and my friends kept telling me all about it, I had to see what was up. I finally got my chance with the PC version since I don't own a console and was I in for one hell of a surprise. To express how much I loved Assassin's Creed, I begged a friend of mine to let me play it on his Steam account, beat it, then bought the game for my own account and beat it AGAIN. Yes, this is how much I loved Assassin's Creed, whether the money was a waste or not. There are 3 key things I loved about this game and they are: The Design, the Gameplay, and the Graphics.

The Design dazzled me with how amazingly detailed the world was, and how much care was put into it. Everything from the smallest details can constantly amaze me, the cities, the Kingdom, the crowd interaction, everything. It was nothing short of absolutly spectacular. One thing I do have to quibble about is how the city can seem almost too deliberate on "climable" because, yes, you can indeed climb everything in a city, but not everything should be climmable. But otherwise, it's a great way to get around. Also, this may not exactly be in the design, but I loved the Story about the game too. Everything was amazingly unique, especially with the big twist.

The second thing, the Gameplay, has to be my favorite part of the game. I mean what kind of game gives you so much Freedom when accomplishing objectives? And in such a detailed world that almost looks like how a city should look, and it's phenomal how you can be able to climb just about everything. Also, I just love BEING Alair. Being able to do the things he can do in the game is entertaining with every minute, no matter how repetitive the game gets. I could replay every mission a dozen times and never get tired because I'd just try to find different ways to accomplish them. How is there more fun than that? And let's not forget Altair's "crowbar" [Half-Life] or "Master Sword" [The Legend of Zelda], his Hidden Blade. I love how detailed the weapon went and it's so fun to use, even for counters in combat. I can't get enough of using the hidden blade. Hopefully one day, if Ubisoft Montreal decides to, they should make like props like the hidden blade, so if people had conventions, they could go "assassinate" people in there. If there was a toy of that Hidden Blade, I'd buy it without further hesitation.

And finally, the Graphics. We all know Graphics don't make or break a game, but Assassin's Creed is extremely...extremely pretty. And I'm simply amazed how it can look so amazing with the graphics engine used. I even love every detail IN the engine, from physics, to the crowd interaction, the climmable surfaces, everything. The engine in this game is nothing short of unique, and must be used again and again for future games, especially an improved version for Assassin's Creed 2.

That just about sums Assassin's Creed up. I am one of those people who can't play repetitive games cuz it's easy to get bored, but Assassin's Creed to me, is far...FAR away from boring. You will never ever get a game like this anywhere else and I must recommend this game to anybody out there who loves action games, stealth-based games or just any decent game in general, you MUST play Assassin's Creed!

Overall score, 9.9 out of 10. It's not 10, it would be if only a hint of the repetitive gameplay was dropped, but otherwise, I feel this game very much deserves the 9.9, even if the critics won't agree with me.

-M1SF0RTUNE

dacoolstas
06-03-2008, 09:53 PM
this is a very nice review. but i have a qestion:

how long after you finished the game did you write this review?

the_assassin_07
06-04-2008, 09:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">it would be if only a hint of the repetitive gameplay was dropped, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
...I would post the indiff smiley but since it's not working I'll just highlight what you said so you could realise how stupid what you just said was.

dacoolstas
06-04-2008, 05:55 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif exactly what i was getting at