PDA

View Full Version : CH Products Control Manager v4.0 released!

RevvinUK
09-03-2005, 05:56 AM
CH Products has released Control Manager v4.0, Along with many new features and updates it includes a new install routine, you can read more here (http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2364) and download it at the following locations:

CH Products FTP (ftp://ftp.chproducts.com/pub/CHCMv40.exe)

CH Hangar Mirror (http://www.ch-hangar.com/files/CH_Files/CHCMv40.exe)

I've also updated my IL-2 profile utilising some of the new commands such as the mouse manipulation commands so now when I press my map button the mouse pointer moves to the map window so i can use another button on my stick which has the right mouse button mapped to it to allow me to zoom in and out, when I close the map the mouse pointer is moved out of sight to the bottom of the screen. I've also incorporated my Pro Throttle and Flight Sim Yoke into the profile which previously only had the Fighterstick, Throttle Quadrant and Pro Pedals used. The Pro Throttle acts as the bombardier control unit while the Yoke or Fighterstick can be used as the main control device at the press of a button. By using a little .cms script you can transfer the X and Y axis from the Fighterstick to the Yoke and back on the fly if you need to without having to remap anything in IL-2's config. Handy if like me you fly a mix of fighters and bombers online. You can download my profile here (http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2353).

RevvinUK
09-03-2005, 05:56 AM
CH Products has released Control Manager v4.0, Along with many new features and updates it includes a new install routine, you can read more here (http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2364) and download it at the following locations:

CH Products FTP (ftp://ftp.chproducts.com/pub/CHCMv40.exe)

CH Hangar Mirror (http://www.ch-hangar.com/files/CH_Files/CHCMv40.exe)

I've also updated my IL-2 profile utilising some of the new commands such as the mouse manipulation commands so now when I press my map button the mouse pointer moves to the map window so i can use another button on my stick which has the right mouse button mapped to it to allow me to zoom in and out, when I close the map the mouse pointer is moved out of sight to the bottom of the screen. I've also incorporated my Pro Throttle and Flight Sim Yoke into the profile which previously only had the Fighterstick, Throttle Quadrant and Pro Pedals used. The Pro Throttle acts as the bombardier control unit while the Yoke or Fighterstick can be used as the main control device at the press of a button. By using a little .cms script you can transfer the X and Y axis from the Fighterstick to the Yoke and back on the fly if you need to without having to remap anything in IL-2's config. Handy if like me you fly a mix of fighters and bombers online. You can download my profile here (http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2353).

Saunders1953
09-03-2005, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the information Revvin, sounds like it will be easier to configure this time.

TgD Thunderbolt56
09-03-2005, 07:47 PM
Control Manager gets better with each update/new-release. Thanks for the heads up. Is there a readme?

TB

SithSpeeder
09-03-2005, 10:03 PM
I use CH Pro pedals, but my stick is a Saitek X-45. Is there any real reason to install this CH software (like "Enable foot message" or something)?

* _54th_Speeder *

RevvinUK
09-04-2005, 03:26 AM
Saunders> Yes the installation process is much improved, you will have to uninstall any version previous to v4.00 but future releases should just detect an existing v4 install and update as necessary, that's how it worked in the BETA testing with each new v4 update we tried.

Sithspeeder> I don't think it would be neccesary for you to update as you only use the Pro Pedals

Thunderbolt> I've compiled this list of changes, I think it covers everything in the new release:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>New installer program allowing the user to select where they want to install Control Manager
<LI>From version 4 onwards the new installer will detect an exisiting working installation of Control Manager and prompt the user to update or complete re-install (users of v3.5, 3.6 will have to uninstall but this should be the last time you need to uninstall Control Manager)
<LI>Control Manager has now been combined with the Control Manager Utility Pack which was previously released as a separate download
<LI>Support for left and right Windows Keys
<LI>When using a .cmc file Control Manager will show which commands have already been used by placing a tick next to them in the .cmc pop up list
<LI>Command Finder button; when using a .cmc file the command finder will bring up the .cmc command list, double clicking on a command that has been used will show you the button it is assigned to in the Control Manager GUI
<LI>Updated CM List and CM Print utilities which allow the user to display their profils in plain text form or through a graphical layout which can be printed or saved as a .jpeg
<LI>Updated CMCC utility which provides the user with a system tray icon to quickly launch profiles without loading the full Control Manager GUI, shortcuts can be made in the CMCC utility window to load a game after the profile is downloaded to the CH devices
<LI>The .cmc and .cms editing window now has a numbered 'gutter' The gutter is also used with bookmarks. You can set up to 10 bookmarks with CTL-SHF-0 through CTL-SHF-9. You can jump to the mark with CTL-0 through CTL-9
<LI>List mode command added. This is a tick box found on each button next to the 'DX Mode' tick box which allows you to input 32 press and release commands, this was previously only possible by using .cmc scripting
<LI>New SCREENWIDTH, SCREENHEIGHT, SCREENX and SCREENY commands allowing the user to place the mouse cursor anywhere on the screen using .cms script
<LI>Pressing Control-Space in a blank area of the .cms editing window brings up a pop up command selector to input .cms script commands
<LI>New editor shortcut keys:
Up - Up
SelUp - Shift + Up
ScrollUp - Ctrl + Up
Down - Down
SelDown - Shift + Down
ScrollDown - Ctrl + Down
Left - Left
SelLeft - Shift + Left
WordLeft - Ctrl + Left
SelWordLeft - Shift + Ctrl + Left
Right - Right
SelRight - Shift + Right
WordRight - Ctrl + Right
SelWordRight - Shift + Ctrl + Right
PageDown - PgDn
SelPageDown - Shift + PgDn
PageBottom - Ctrl + PgDn
SelPageBottom - Shift + Ctrl + PgDn
Page Up - PgUp
Sel Page Up - Shift + PgUp
Page Top - Ctrl + PgUp
Sel Page Top - Shift + Ctrl + PgUp
Line Start - Home
Sel Line Start - Shift + Home
Editor Top - Ctrl + Home
Sel Editor Top - Shift + Ctrl + Home
Line End - End
Sel Line End - Shift + End
Editor Bottom - Ctrl + End
Sel Editor Bottom - Shift + Ctrl + End
Toggle Insert/Overwrite Mode - Ins
Copy - Ctrl + C / Ctrl + Ins
Cut - Ctrl + X / Shift + Del
Paste - Ctrl + V / Shift + Ins
Delete Char - Del
Delete Last Char - BkSpc
Delete Word - Ctrl + T
Delete Last Word - Ctrl + BkSpc
Tab - Tab
Shift Tab - Shift + Tab
Select All Text - Ctrl + A
Line Break - Enter / Shift + Enter / Ctrl + M
Insert Line - Ctrl + N
Delete Line - Ctrl + Y
Delete to End of Line - Shift + Ctrl + Y
Block Indent - Shift + Ctrl + I
Block Unindent - Shift + Ctrl + U
Undo - Ctrl + U
Redo - Ctrl + R
Find Matching Bracket - Shift + Ctrl + B
Normal Select - Shift + Ctrl + N
Column Select - Shift + Ctrl + C
Line Select - Shift + Ctrl + L
Goto Marker "N" - Ctrl + N (N = "0".."9")
Set Marker "N" - Shift + Ctrl + N (N = "0".."9")
[/list]