PDA

View Full Version : Free roaming world? Does time passby? (Day, night etc)

Shmangle
01-02-2007, 02:50 PM
There was an interview with one of the developers -I believe- and they said that you can roam the country side, and what not. Is it confirmed whether or not this game will be free-roaming?

And will time pass by like in Oblivion / Zelda?

Yes, I've used the search button. I'm just curious if there are any official statements on these topics.

Shmangle
01-02-2007, 02:50 PM
There was an interview with one of the developers -I believe- and they said that you can roam the country side, and what not. Is it confirmed whether or not this game will be free-roaming?

And will time pass by like in Oblivion / Zelda?

Yes, I've used the search button. I'm just curious if there are any official statements on these topics.

RetiredHatch
01-02-2007, 04:19 PM
no info about time and yes it'll be free roam

lpcrispo
01-03-2007, 06:04 AM
in an interview I think it was Jade that said that there will not be a day/night cycle...
( some times it will be night, some times it will be day... but probably triggered by a mission)

Drunkspleen
01-03-2007, 08:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lpcrispo:
in an interview I think it was Jade that said that there will not be a day/night cycle...
( some times it will be night, some times it will be day... but probably triggered by a mission) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I tend to think he is correct here, although I couldn't give a source.

RetiredHatch
01-03-2007, 02:14 PM
that'd be a lil strange though what if you spend 24 hours not completing your mission and just messing around on the rooftops though it'd make sense for the target not to move so you could find him the time not changing would be understandable for that but the game could go for night/day cycles and let there be hints to where he is during certain times of the day like you have to wait for him to make his speech that you heard he was going to make the next day or you hear he usually goes shopping at dusk so you stay near the market and when the sun starts setting there he is and you sneak up and kill him that'd be pretty cool and of course he'll be in different places at different times and you'll find the hints (because you have to find the hints anyway to play the game) pertaining to certain times and you'll know he's there now but in an hour he'll be there so i'll be able to actually get him there so i won't have to rush as much and just wait there or wait somewhere else or something i don't know that'd be pretty cool

i don't think there's an interview though where she specifically said there's no night/day cycles because i've read and watched all the interviews there is and there isn't one... but i could be wrong (prove me wrong if i'm wrong please)

SweetLou280man
01-03-2007, 05:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shmangle:
...And will time pass by like in Oblivion / Zelda?

Yes, I've used the search button. I'm just curious if there are any official statements on these topics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Since 10% of the game is in the future, the games missions might be broken up by quick "trips" or whatever to the future. I think it will flow just fine, and it won't seem weird when day turns into night between 2 missions. It is Ubisoft so don't worry.

Drunkspleen
01-03-2007, 08:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SweetLou280man:
Since 10% of the game is in the future, the games missions might be broken up by quick "trips" or whatever to the future. I think it will flow just fine, and it won't seem weird when day turns into night between 2 missions. It is Ubisoft so don't worry. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As long as it's not something like x-men 3's bridge scene http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif I'm sure it will be fine.

Shmangle
01-03-2007, 11:42 PM
Too bad there might not be day/night cycles, since it's frea roaming world it'd really add to it. And like Retiredhatch said, your target will be in certain places at certain times of the day that'd add some nice realism to the game, as what this game is really shooting for. "realism"

RetiredHatch
01-04-2007, 02:14 PM
Let's not be disappointed or excited yet because we actually don't know anything about that fact yet

i've seen a few screens where it's sunset though so who knows

SweetLou280man
01-04-2007, 06:38 PM
Yah i will be fine with almost anything. But if you think about it, if time will pass in the game, but at a faster speed then normal time...people might complain that it hurts realism. OR if you are sad enough to play for a full 24 hours straight and time doesn't pass as real life...well you probly diserve to be dissapointed, you might as well get used to it. Since 10% of the game will be in the future, my best guess is either a time machine or virtual reality...either way they will probly send you back to the correct time to get your target...that is my guess so don't get pissed off if you don't agree.

kp23_799
01-04-2007, 07:01 PM
It is posible that you play as a desendent of Altair's family.

RetiredHatch
01-05-2007, 02:15 PM
Altair isn't a time traveller and it's a descendant of Altair's remembering about Altair's adventure Altair is a person himself and that 10% is probably his descendant remembering Altair through genetic memory Altair 'existed' (atleast in the game) and someone is remembering what he did

SweetLou280man
01-06-2007, 04:54 PM
Ok back to the subject...on the Official assassins creed web page (www.assassincreed.com for those whose smart tree doesn't go all the way to the top branch) it says, "Action with Total Freedom: Eliminate your targets wherever, WHENEVER, and however. I think this says that time will pass, and you can play through time. The gameplay will really all depends on how they break the game up with "trips" to the future.

RetiredHatch
01-06-2007, 07:12 PM
that in NO way says there's time cycles

Num3n
01-06-2007, 10:09 PM
there better as hell be weather, and everything just like oblivion but i hope they make it better... something like this could really screw up a game...

Shmangle
01-06-2007, 11:45 PM
Aslong as i can ride freely around the game world i will be happy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Drunkspleen
01-07-2007, 06:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Num3n:
there better as hell be weather, and everything just like oblivion but i hope they make it better... something like this could really screw up a game... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How much do you think the weather varies in the middle of desert cities?

Scorching Hot Day, Sweltering hot day, Boiling hot day, hint of cloud on horizon... They could get away without a weather system without detracting from authenticity really.

SweetLou280man
01-09-2007, 01:02 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Xbox Live Gamertag: Crying Prophet

SSKetch
01-10-2007, 10:17 PM
I heard there will be no Day/Night cycles just different times for different missions

A weather cycle would be sweet.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/SSKetch-69/assassinscreedsigcopy.jpg

petersvanberg
01-11-2007, 01:06 AM
I'm hopping for a Day/Night cycle, but I wonät get my hopes up to high.

RetiredHatch
01-11-2007, 12:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SSKetch:
I heard there will be no Day/Night cycles just different times for different missions

A weather cycle would be sweet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

where'd you read that?

lpcrispo
01-11-2007, 01:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RetiredHatch:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SSKetch:

A weather cycle would be sweet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
where'd you read that?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I read the same thing...
an interview with Jade Raymond.... wich one?? hum.. good question http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
there will be night and day, but not in a "cycle" only "mission triggered"

RetiredHatch
01-11-2007, 06:34 PM
??? nobody has a link???

lpcrispo
01-12-2007, 06:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RetiredHatch:
??? nobody has a link??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
sorry, I dont keep a document with the link of every interview/preview I see...
I could probably find it if i search... yep... IF I search http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Smitty_04
01-13-2007, 07:14 PM
oh man i really hope it has a cycle like that, sneakin around at night and assasssinating like crazy. just like theif. does anyone else remember taht one eh? good game....kinda.

RetiredHatch
01-14-2007, 10:50 AM
ehh well i don' believe ya without solid proof but you're prolly right anyways http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Bunnan
01-14-2007, 03:14 PM
a time cycle shoudl be included and a weather cycle would be great, you have a few days of suna day of rain mybe thinder and lightning