PDA

View Full Version : Quick Mission Builder Woes

GazzaMataz
03-22-2006, 04:42 AM
I don't know if this is me or there are faults with QMB but I thought I would ask to see other people's experiences.

A typical scenario is when I set up a QMB against average pilots (like myself - I think) in similar perfomance aeroplanes. The problem that I find is that the enemy planes always seem to fly faster even if I am in a slightly faster plane‚‚ā¨¬¶ I will be squeesing every ounce of performance out of my plane and still seem to loose ground to the enemy.

An example I tried recently was in a Bf109E against Hurricane MkIs, believe it or not I seemed to loose distance to them???

I also find that if I fly against aces and then switch the aces to average they still seem to fly like aces‚‚ā¨¬¶

Has anyone else found this anomaly?

BTW, I haven't tried the other homemade QMB by third parties so I don't know how they compare. I must admit I would like to see a few more maps in QMB since I do use it to practice in quite alot.

GazzaMataz
03-22-2006, 04:42 AM
I don't know if this is me or there are faults with QMB but I thought I would ask to see other people's experiences.

A typical scenario is when I set up a QMB against average pilots (like myself - I think) in similar perfomance aeroplanes. The problem that I find is that the enemy planes always seem to fly faster even if I am in a slightly faster plane‚‚ā¨¬¶ I will be squeesing every ounce of performance out of my plane and still seem to loose ground to the enemy.

An example I tried recently was in a Bf109E against Hurricane MkIs, believe it or not I seemed to loose distance to them???

I also find that if I fly against aces and then switch the aces to average they still seem to fly like aces‚‚ā¨¬¶

BTW, I haven't tried the other homemade QMB by third parties so I don't know how they compare. I must admit I would like to see a few more maps in QMB since I do use it to practice in quite alot.

MadRuski
03-22-2006, 04:46 AM
have you realised ur flaps might be extended on the smallest setting, or the the radiator postion is on FULL OPEN, that will give u more drag and slow you down, plus if you shoot like a maniac the bullets will slow you down. it actuly never hapened to me

PBNA-Boosher
03-22-2006, 05:17 AM
Make sure you're fully trimmed and flying with the ball in the center of your sideslip indicator.
Also remember, a lot of the speed "advantages" between these planes are by small intervals, such as 5-10 kph. That's not really that much, and if you're at close range, you better be trying to lose them in maneuvers before you try something. Diving can work unless you're being chased by a better diver. In a 109, try a spiral climb, etc...

rnzoli
03-22-2006, 05:29 AM
I heard that there are problems with the AI, they don't overheat, don't black out due to high Gs, retain energy after sharp manouvers and don't get damaged from overspeed in dives.
Recently I flew F4Fs and Zeros against each other, and most of the above seemed to be true for both sides, but haven't tested in detail.

F0_Dark_P
03-22-2006, 05:35 AM
it aint just radiator postion, trim etc the AI is definitely faster, they are cheating and that is not something new, i hope that will bi fixed in BoB when it comes

so GazzaMataz it is not just you

Bearcat99
03-22-2006, 06:13 AM
Frankly I hope it gets fixed before that.

GazzaMataz
03-22-2006, 08:54 AM
Well I have my flaps up, my trim sorted and the radiator slammed shut and I still don't seem to catch 'em.

But as some of you have said it looks like a bug that needs fixing‚‚ā¨¬¶ I am glad it ain't just me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Actually thinking about it I don't encounter this 'creature feature' when playing any of the normal missions. The AIs tend to be more of what you'd expect.

Chuck_Older
03-22-2006, 10:08 AM
Jeez guys, Gazza's no noobie

thefarb2
03-22-2006, 10:57 AM
which version? 3.03 - 3.04 was like that for me, fly with a plane at full speed can cant catch a much slower model of plane. I havnt seen this as much with 4.04.

GazzaMataz
06-05-2006, 10:51 AM
Don't suppose 4.05 has improved the QMB AI's by any chance?

Just thought I would ask before I buy...

UberDemon
06-05-2006, 10:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GazzaMataz:

BTW, I haven't tried the other homemade QMB by third parties so I don't know how they compare. I must admit I would like to see a few more maps in QMB since I do use it to practice in quite alot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

GazzaMataz,

In a shameless self-promotion ( http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif ) please give my application UQMG (UberQuick Mission Generator). It is essentially a QMB with FMB like features... plus you get Co-op missions and DF Arenas generated at the same time after you design a Single Player mission in seconds.... really.

As of today, all 43 maps of FB+AEP are supported, plus 8 PF Maps (being updated to include eventually all maps from PF) plus all the Kurland maps.

Also you can have missions with thousands of A/c if your PC supports it... and I am serious. In QMB you can have up to 16 planes per team. In UQMG it is really easy to setup a 40 vs 40 match if you wanted. You can save your missions, like in QMB, and with the upgrade, you get alsmost 300 ready to generate missions I created.

UQMG has been around since IL-2 was released in 2001. And it is free.

Please give it a look at www.uberdemon.com (http://www.uberdemon.com) , and follow the tutorial, which after completing it, you will be doing things with FB/PF that were never possible or easy to do before.

Carcano1970
06-13-2006, 02:35 PM
UQMG is fantastic!!! Just had to jump in and say thanks to Uberdemon!

~S~
Carcano.

danjama
06-13-2006, 02:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Carcano1970:

~S~
Carcano. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bearcat99
06-13-2006, 04:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Carcano1970:

~S~
Carcano. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

woofiedog
06-13-2006, 09:55 PM
A few Screen's while using UberDemon's Great Program...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/woofiedog/Pe-3d.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/woofiedog/watera.jpg

GazzaMataz
06-30-2006, 02:03 PM
~S~

OK chaps thanks for the tip about UQMG and I have been experimenting with it and what a lovely relief it is to have different maps :-)

Still find those pesky AI can see through clouds, fly at full speed and don't overheat and don't black out... But at least now I have something else to look at while I try and shot them down http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Sorry so long for the reply but I have been on holiday too!