PDA

View Full Version : Altair come back!

voodo3184
11-22-2011, 12:13 PM
I absolutely hate Ezio, any one got any idea when we can expect to see someone else at the reigns of AC or ever Altair make a comeback? long live Altair

voodo3184
11-22-2011, 12:13 PM
I absolutely hate Ezio, any one got any idea when we can expect to see someone else at the reigns of AC or ever Altair make a comeback? long live Altair

Assassin_M
11-22-2011, 12:17 PM
Well there is good news and bad news..
Bad news is, Altair wont be coming back..
Good news is, Ezio isnt either.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
AC III will have a new Ancestor http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

eagleforlife1
11-22-2011, 12:18 PM
Hopefully not. Ezio is way better anyway http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

xCr0wnedNorris
11-22-2011, 12:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
AC III will have a new Ancestor http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I hope not. AC3 will finish off Desmonds story, and I don't think he'll be like,

"I'm gonna save the world, by sitting in a chair the whole time!"

Assassin_M
11-22-2011, 12:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
AC III will have a new Ancestor http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I hope not. AC3 will finish off Desmonds story, and I don't think he'll be like,

"I'm gonna save the world, by sitting in a chair the whole time!" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Assassins Creed is nothing without the Animus.
without it its either the "First Templar" or "Grand Theft Auto"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
Hopefully not. Ezio is way better anyway http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
He doesnt like Ezio, its his opinion.. :/

xCr0wnedNorris
11-22-2011, 12:26 PM
without it its either the "First Templar" or "Grand Theft Auto" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I assume you also thing games like Prototype and inFamous are another sort of Grand Theft Auto simply because they're open world games too, right? The story has always been about Desmond. It's always been about the modern-day struggle between the Templars and Assassins. Yes some of Assassin's Creed's appeal is the historical settings it visits, but that doesn't mean a sci-fi-ish modern setting can't be interesting either.

Assassin_M
11-22-2011, 12:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
without it its either the "First Templar" or "Grand Theft Auto" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I assume you also thing games like Prototype and inFamous are another sort of Grand Theft Auto simply because they're open world games too, right? The story has always been about Desmond. It's always been about the modern-day struggle between the Templars and Assassins. Yes some of Assassin's Creed's appeal is the historical settings it visits, but that doesn't mean a sci-fi-ish modern setting can't be interesting either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Show me the part where I said that Infamous and prototype were GTAs and show me the part where I said that Sci-FI wouldnt work..
I just said that by throwing away the Animus they`d be going into a whole new direction with the series and thus lose a HUGE fanbase, because then it`ll be just another Thrid person shooter game, The Animus is what made AC special.

Il_Divo
11-22-2011, 12:30 PM

"I'm gonna save the world, by sitting in a chair the whole time!" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only thing I think could possibly work would be shorter, more linear memories, where Desmond explores from the perspective of multiple ancestors, for information.

Given all the unresolved storylines we have in the modern world and given the send off to both Ezio and Altair, I don't think this would be the best point to shift the game's focus to yet another ancestor.

Assassin_M
11-22-2011, 12:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Il_Divo:

The only thing I think could possibly work would be shorter, more linear memories, where Desmond explores from the perspective of multiple ancestors, for information.

Given all the unresolved storylines we have in the modern world and given the send off to both Ezio and Altair, I don't think this would be the best point to shift the game's focus to yet another ancestor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I dont why but I have a strong feeling that it wont be just one ancestor this time..

reini03
11-22-2011, 12:37 PM
Why would Ubi praise the Animus as something very special, something they are very proud of creating just to throw it away in the following game? It doesn't add up. AC has always been a historical action-adventure with sci-fi parts. Animus no more = not so historical.

xCr0wnedNorris
11-22-2011, 12:38 PM
Show me the part where I said that Infamous and prototype were GTAs and show me the part where I said that Sci-FI wouldnt work..
I just said that by throwing away the Animus they`d be going into a whole new direction with the series and thus lose a HUGE fanbase, because then it`ll be just another Thrid person shooter game, The Animus is what made AC special. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I never said you said that, I said that you probably think that those games are GTA knock-offs based on the fact that you think a modern day Assassin's Creed will be a GTA knock-off, despite them only having a couple of things in common. Just because a majority of the game won't be in the animus doesn't mean they're trashing the idea entirely. Besides, the animus isn't what made Assassin's Creed the series it is, it was the gameplay and story.

Assassin_M
11-22-2011, 12:39 PM
I just said that by throwing away the Animus they`d be going into a whole new direction with the series and thus lose a HUGE fanbase, because then it`ll be just another Thrid person shooter game, The Animus is what made AC special. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I never said you said that, I said that you probably think that those games are GTA knock-offs based on the fact that you think a modern day Assassin's Creed will be a GTA knock-off, despite them only having a couple of things in common. Just because a majority of the game won't be in the animus doesn't mean they're trashing the idea entirely. Besides, the animus isn't what made Assassin's Creed the series it is, it was the gameplay and story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The Gameplay and story wouldnt have been possible with out the Animus..

xCr0wnedNorris
11-22-2011, 12:42 PM
The Gameplay and story wouldnt have been possible with out the Animus.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's just the tool they used to justify adding the historical settings. They could've done it any way they wanted to. They could've made it to where the historical settings where flashbacks that were there because the basic scenario between the ancestor and Desmond where surprisingly similar, as if history were repeating itself.

Assassin_M
11-22-2011, 12:46 PM
The Gameplay and story wouldnt have been possible with out the Animus.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's just the tool they used to justify adding the historical settings. They could've done it any way they wanted to. They could've made it to where the historical settings where flashbacks that were there because the basic scenario between the ancestor and Desmond where surprisingly similar, as if history were repeating itself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
But the whole bulk wouldnt be Historical, it would be the Opposite, Desmond getting the chunk and Ezio getting the short linear sequences.
which would`v left alot of gameplay elements pretty impossible.
ever climbed up the world trade center ? Yea I know..

Maybe a leap of faith from atop the Chrysler building.

Il_Divo
11-22-2011, 12:50 PM

I dont why but I have a strong feeling that it wont be just one ancestor this time.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As am I. With the multiple ancestor approach, Ubisoft will more easily be able to justify the animus, since everything continually returns to Desmond and the ancestors can be used to obtain "more information".

I just don't see how AC3 can focus on a historical setting, to the degree which every other title has, and still leave a satisfactory conclusion which addresses the Solar Flare, the Templar-Assassin conflict, Lucy and Juno, etc, that doesn't come off as contrived.

Assassin_M
11-22-2011, 12:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Il_Divo:

I dont why but I have a strong feeling that it wont be just one ancestor this time.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As am I. With the multiple ancestor approach, Ubisoft will more easily be able to justify the animus, since everything continually returns to Desmond and the ancestors can be used to obtain "more information".

I just don't see how AC3 can focus on a historical setting, to the degree which every other title has, and still leave a satisfactory conclusion which addresses the Solar Flare, the Templar-Assassin conflict, Lucy and Juno, etc, that doesn't come off as contrived. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Exactly, i dont think they can build a character like Ezio in just one game.. so to top that they`ll give us more Ancestors this time perhaps..

xCr0wnedNorris
11-22-2011, 12:53 PM
But the whole bulk wouldnt be Historical, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It still would've, the justification for it would just be different.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ever climbed up the world trade center ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Because in a game that promotes historical accuracy, they would've just left out one of the greatest tragedies in the history of the United States. (Or did you forget that 9/11 actually happened?)

Assassin_M
11-22-2011, 12:57 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ever climbed up the world trade center ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Because in a game that promotes historical accuracy, they would've just left out one of the greatest tragedies in the history of the United States. (Or did you forget that 9/11 actually happened?) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahhhh ok not the world trade center, how about the MetLife Building ? :P

UrDeviant1
11-22-2011, 01:05 PM
I wonder what an Assassin in the modern day would wear...

Assassin_M
11-22-2011, 01:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UrDeviant1:
I wonder what an Assassin in the modern day would wear... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Converse or suitable parkour shoes, Track pants or comfortable Slacks or jeans, and a HOOD !!

xCr0wnedNorris
11-22-2011, 01:14 PM
Ahhhh ok not the world trade center, how about the MetLife Building ? :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What about if you went back to the times and places where the historical settings took place and asked the people "have you ever climbed *insert tallest building in the city here*?" Of course they'd say no. Just because something doesn't seem probable doesn't justify it not happening (in a science fiction video game might I remind you). By that same logic, the animus shouldn't be in the game because it's improbable for it to exist in modern day life.

SolidSage
11-22-2011, 01:16 PM
At some point Desmond is going to complete his role in the whole TWCB deal, at which point, just like Ezio, it will be time for him to move on.
I think, although I really enjoyed the Desmond story line, that I am excited at the possibilty of a new modern era protagonist, with new ancestors. Or even a game based around a Templar agent's experiences.

In regards to the discussion about the Animus. I think it IS a pivotal tool in making everything seem somehow plausible, and it works well, but the game play itself has always, for me, been about the hiatorical settings and Altair and Ezio and their combat and free running engines. I'm not opposed to modern era settings either, or even future ones, but I doubt they will be able to do such a fine job with them.

UrDeviant1
11-22-2011, 01:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UrDeviant1:
I wonder what an Assassin in the modern day would wear... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Converse or suitable parkour shoes, Track pants or comfortable Slacks or jeans, and a HOOD !! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds practical enough. I'M SOLD!

xCr0wnedNorris
11-22-2011, 01:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SolidSage:
I'm not opposed to modern era settings either, or even future ones, but I doubt they will be able to do such a fine job with them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well like I said, part of the games appeal is it's historical settings, and it's historical accuracy. It's pretty cool that the people you interact with in the game are (mostly) people who've actually existed, and that (most of) the major events that happened in the game, actually did happen in real life. It's just that story-wise, Desmond reliving another ancestors memory doesn't make any sense. He knows what he has to do, he knows where he needs to go to do it. What purpose would it serve to stay in the Animus? I wouldn't mind if he did so occasionally to find out more specific information from various ancestors (which could justify spinoffs where you then re-live that ancestors life), because you'd still get that historical aspect. It just seems like it'd be a cop out if they had Desmond save the world by spending 99% of his time in the Animus. For future games, by all means, use the animus as much as you want. For AC3? Not so much.

Assassin_M
11-22-2011, 01:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SolidSage:
I'm not opposed to modern era settings either, or even future ones, but I doubt they will be able to do such a fine job with them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well like I said, part of the games appeal is it's historical settings, and it's historical accuracy. It's pretty cool that the people you interact with in the game are (mostly) people who've actually existed, and that (most of) the major events that happened in the game, actually did happen in real life. It's just that story-wise, Desmond reliving another ancestors memory doesn't make any sense. He knows what he has to do, he knows where he needs to go to do it. What purpose would it serve to stay in the Animus? I wouldn't mind if he did so occasionally to find out more specific information from various ancestors (which could justify spinoffs where you then re-live that ancestors life), because you'd still get that historical aspect. It just seems like it'd be a cop out if they had Desmond save the world by spending 99% of his time in the Animus. For future games, by all means, use the animus as much as you want. For AC3? Not so much. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You dont know what ubi may have in mind..
Who could`v expected that Desmond has to be plugged into the Animus to stay alive..
they`ll come up with something... If they havent already.

xCr0wnedNorris
11-22-2011, 01:52 PM
You dont know what ubi may have in mind.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">they`ll come up with something... If they havent already. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Take a page out of your own book there buddy.

I guess I should explain the overall scenario to you. The developers have said that AC3 will conclude Desmonds story. They've also said that they're going to be releasing AC3 before the time that the modern day story takes place. So based off of what they said, at the maximum, AC3 will be out next year.

In AC1, we learned about the conflict and the protagonist and antagonists.
In AC2, we learned about the goal the protagonist has to achieve.
In ACB, we learned about what the protagonist has to do to achieve his goal.
In ACR, we learned about where the protagonist has to go to do what he needs to do.
The only thing that's left to do is have him complete his goal, and he can't very well do that by sitting in a chair the whole game.

BK-110
11-22-2011, 01:53 PM

They've said it several times. Every numbered release will have a new ancestor. But there will probably be a lot more gameplay as Desmond himself (I certainly hope there will).

Assassin_M
11-22-2011, 01:54 PM
You dont know what ubi may have in mind.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">they`ll come up with something... If they havent already. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Take a page out of your own book there buddy.

I guess I should explain the overall scenario to you. The developers have said that AC3 will conclude Desmonds story. They've also said that they're going to be releasing AC3 before the time that the modern day story takes place. So based off of what they said, at the maximum, AC3 will be out next year.

In AC1, we learned about the conflict and the protagonist and antagonists.
In AC2, we learned about the goal the protagonist has to achieve.
In ACB, we learned about what the protagonist has to do to achieve his goal.
In ACR, we learned about where the protagonist has to go to do what he needs to do.
The only thing that's left to do is have him complete his goal, and he can't very well do that by sitting in a chair the whole game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I was speaking in regards to them using the Animus again..

eagleforlife1
11-22-2011, 01:56 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
Hopefully not. Ezio is way better anyway http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
He doesnt like Ezio, its his opinion.. :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know it is. Just like me liking Ezio is my opinion...what's your point?

Assassin_M
11-22-2011, 01:59 PM

He doesnt like Ezio, its his opinion.. :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know it is. Just like me liking Ezio is my opinion...what's your point? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I was just saying that he doesnt like Ezio, while you were telling him that Ezio was better, I was getting the sense that you were trying to convince him that Ezio was better..
Either way I do apologize for my uncalled for Interference..

eagleforlife1
11-22-2011, 02:01 PM
I will be really, really disappointed if AC3 has no ancestor. I would never have even considered buying the previous installments if there was no historical setting.

xCr0wnedNorris
11-22-2011, 02:02 PM
Like I've stated before, they could use the Animus in AC3, but only for short periods of time, similar to the Altair sequences in ACR. It wouldn't really make much sense if they were going to introduce a new ancestor only for them to use them one or twice for maybe 20 minutes at a time throughout the whole game, unless they do make a spin-off about that ancestor. It wouldn't serve any purpose for them to have extended peroids of time in the Animus. The only reason behind it would be that Desmond needed little tid-bits of information from an ancestor about something specific.

xx-pyro
11-22-2011, 02:09 PM
Assuming Revelations took Desmond less than a week (which is way more than it probably did, most airplane rides from Italy-USA are just under 7 or so hours I believe, plus the time getting to and from the airport,) Desmond still has about 2 months before the satellite launch. 2 months is more than enough for another entire ancestor, and I have a feeling that the solar flare and the Templar plots won't be tied up at the same time necessarily. I can see them saving the world first, which would be AC3, then something like Brotherhood/Revelations to finish off the modern day templars. The Templars aren't too connected to the 21st besides the satellite launch (which in reality, stopping it would only delay the Templars,) so I'm definitely hoping for a full-fledged new ancestor (hell, maybe one to find the Shroud to possibly revive Lucy?) rather than short memories of a different one.

I do want more Desmond play too though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

UrDeviant1
11-22-2011, 02:12 PM
So they're saying AC3 will conclude Desmonds story, does that mean to say AC3 will be the last In the series? Maybe not. In which case it's conceivable to think the majority of AC3 will see us play as an Ancestor, while Desmond remains "sat in a chair the whole time"

S-EVANS
11-22-2011, 02:14 PM
They can use the animus to get in contact with subject 13 by placing him on the island again in order to get answers from him or reload him into memorys to find out from TWCB advise, or even what both advise...

then under instruction play out the rest of the game in desmonds timezone, all this is just speculation of course and a simple attempt to explain how they may continue usage of the animus itself...

who knows but i just want more answers than revelations please devs, thanks...

xCr0wnedNorris
11-22-2011, 02:15 PM
From what I understand AC3 is not the last in the series. The developers have said that as long as they have new ideas for them, they'll keep releasing them.

Azula2005
11-22-2011, 02:41 PM
I bet you hate him cause he has a beard....-_-