PDA

View Full Version : Battle over europe

NekoReaperman
12-18-2005, 08:49 PM
Sad to say, but Il-2 is begining to get a bit stale... only a bit, but i would like to throw some spice back into the game...

So i see the battle over europe expansion, Il-2 in western europe? Sign me up!

Now then, Is it worth it?

Are the campaigns Dynamic or static, i seem to be the only person that likes Dynamic campaigns better, and would like to see that...

Where can i buy it? is it online-only?

Thanks in advance...

NekoReaperman
12-18-2005, 08:49 PM
Sad to say, but Il-2 is begining to get a bit stale... only a bit, but i would like to throw some spice back into the game...

So i see the battle over europe expansion, Il-2 in western europe? Sign me up!

Now then, Is it worth it?

Are the campaigns Dynamic or static, i seem to be the only person that likes Dynamic campaigns better, and would like to see that...

Where can i buy it? is it online-only?

Thanks in advance...

wayno7777
12-18-2005, 08:53 PM
I just got it at EBGames last week for $2.99. I'm building a new computer, so I haven't had a chance to try it out yet....

edit: check that it is Combat over Europe I bought....

NekoReaperman
12-18-2005, 09:05 PM
Most importantly:

Does it add new DGen campaigns, or are they the same as i would download over the interweb? :-)

vocatx
12-18-2005, 09:06 PM
If you want to "spice things up", have you tried any user-made campaigns? I highly recommend Battle Over Britian by Extreme_One and Poymando, and When Tigers Could Fly by Chuck Older. Lots of good missions in these.

I helped test (along with RAF74_Poker and RAF74_Joop) a co-op "campaign" that was recently posted at airwarfare.com. Look for Philippines 1941 by Ccrashh. It was designed for four humans to fly P40s as a team, but I have flown some of them as single-player missions. I will guarantee plenty of action. It is all "hands-on", the way the missions are put together, you can't use autopilot. Pay attention to the briefs and use CEM to accomplish your goals.

NekoReaperman
12-18-2005, 09:27 PM
i just cant get into user-made campaigns, i have downloaded over thirty, and static campaigns just dont do it for me....

I prefer the dynamic ones... less of a "storyline" means more immersion for me :-)

tagTaken2
12-18-2005, 09:40 PM
They are dynamic, and similar- better- to the ones in game.

Look forward to seeing your fps take a pounding with those bomber formations.

Personally, I love a good static campaign. The Experten one I played through recently was immersive as hell. The only problem with them is the fact that you don't have to nurse your squadron, because they reappear like so many Wile E. Coyotes in the next mission.

Markku38
12-18-2005, 09:59 PM
Hi!

I have Battle over Europe and like it very much.

Here you can find info about it --&gt; <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> http://www.justflight.com/en/(4wfxgqfnuu4cqvjxzelrbb45)/index.aspx </pre>

XyZspineZyX
12-19-2005, 03:43 AM
Battle over Europe is an excellent addon for IL2
The campaigns are all dgen. If you have the combined install patched to 4.01 there is also a campaign for BOE at Netwings 10 files all up. Do yourself a favor & get it. It is very very good.

hugohugo37
12-19-2005, 09:29 AM
I do like user made campaigns and really appreciate the work that goes into them.

However, what I like about the dynamic campaigns is how they record all of the details of your kills- date, type etc.

SeaNorris
12-19-2005, 09:33 AM
Battle Over Europe is one of the best addon campaigns for IL-2 I have ever bought, I bought it the day AEP came out and its worth getting.

Oh, and they are dynamic campaigns, also it comes with 100+ skins.

Worth it, be sure.

hamselv2
12-19-2005, 02:27 PM
There has been released a couple of patches/updates for BoE, and recently there was released a West Front Addon campaign for BoE:

http://www.netwings.org/library/Forgotten%5FBattles%5Fa...ers/BoE%5FCampaigns/ (http://www.netwings.org/library/Forgotten%5FBattles%5Fand%5FPacific%5FFighters/BoE%5FCampaigns/)

NekoReaperman
12-19-2005, 02:38 PM
what is this "west front addon", do i need BoE to play them, or are they freeware?

p1ngu666
12-19-2005, 03:05 PM
u can pick up a pack with strike fighters for 7.99, has a couple of campaign/mission/skin packs for il2

bargin http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Skycat_2
12-21-2005, 01:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NekoReaperman:
what is this "west front addon", do i need BoE to play them, or are they freeware? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They're free files but you need BOE to use them. It's kind of like a mod to the BOE add-on, if that makes sense ... the BOE briefings and campaigns are the base but I think Jumo tweaked some of the files and made some of the Eastern Front maps compatible.

Battle Over Europe is more DGen campaigns by Starshoy, the guy who wrote the DGen dynamic campaign program and the campaigns in FB, AEP and PF. He and Ilya (aka 'Luthier'), the guy who managed the Pacific Fighters project, teamed up to create BOE as an early experiment with partnering with 1C:MG. Luthier already had some experience with building IL-2 models and coordinating community projects, and he was shown how to use the map building software. Anyway the end result was the Normandy and Ardennes maps, which were originally for BOE but had to be released in a free patch for legal reasons, and Starshoy's DGen missions for those maps that -- originally -- made use of the P-47 and the first flyable P-51D, also released in a free patch with the maps.

If you've ever wondered why there are no DGen missions in FB+AEP+PF for the Normandy and Ardennes maps, well ... that was intentional to protect the BOE product.

BOE's thunder was partially muted by having the maps released in free FB patches and then later in AEP. BOE was upgraded by patches to use AEP planes like the P-38, P-51B, Spitfires. So it's a product where the revolution was lost in the evolution, so to say.

I've heard good things about BOE including that the program ranomizes squadron skins or something. I don't have it but I've been giving consideration to ordering it myself; I just wish the price would come down a little after all this time.

Breeze147
12-21-2005, 01:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hamselv2:
There has been released a couple of patches/updates for BoE, and recently there was released a West Front Addon campaign for BoE:

http://www.netwings.org/library/Forgotten%5FBattles%5Fa...ers/BoE%5FCampaigns/ (http://www.netwings.org/library/Forgotten%5FBattles%5Fand%5FPacific%5FFighters/BoE%5FCampaigns/) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The installation of which is only slightly less confusing than Lowengrin's DCG which is only slightly less confusing than the Theory Of Relativity.