PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Improvement of Gaming Experience

MidoriSangatsu
11-22-2010, 01:58 PM
So here I have a multiple ideas and issues with the game that I had for multiplayer that I would like to address so the game can be improved.

I realize this is a lot to read so if you don't want to read it all at least go over some of the bullets. So some things can be addressed.

I would like to also point out before you read any of this that I believe this game is awesome and far better than any other multiplayer I have played. I just felt some things being improved would really make this game more awesome. Perhaps the best ever made.
All issues on the next post.

MidoriSangatsu
11-22-2010, 01:58 PM
So here I have a multiple ideas and issues with the game that I had for multiplayer that I would like to address so the game can be improved.

I realize this is a lot to read so if you don't want to read it all at least go over some of the bullets. So some things can be addressed.

I would like to also point out before you read any of this that I believe this game is awesome and far better than any other multiplayer I have played. I just felt some things being improved would really make this game more awesome. Perhaps the best ever made.
All issues on the next post.

MidoriSangatsu
11-22-2010, 03:25 PM
<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI> Free running has been hard from the very first game because you must use your right thumb to free run thus disabling your ability to pan the camera with the right thumb stick. Especially when you need to make quick right turns. Which sometimes can cause you to run up a wall that you didn't want to run up. This is something I have witnessed other players do, not just myself. I would suggest placing abilities on the pad and putting running buttons on the triggers or bumpers (I realize that it was to fit with the head arm feet theme introduced in the first game but it is infective).

<LI>Perhaps because of the above issue you should allow players to choose their own controls set.

<LI>Menu problems in multiplayer can be really frustrating. I realize a menu is available normally if the character selection screen is up however this function is not available between rounds when maps are loading. Rather than just being able to read tips I believe the normal multiplayer menu should be available. For example when loading a map or matching players, I would like to be able to view challenges and change my ability profiles. I would also like to be able to access a way in which to mute the microphones on people. Because I don't like to listen to people cuss every other second.

<LI>When playing manhunt sometimes people could not be paying attention when it first shows whether you are hunting or being hunted. Because this happened to me so much I figured out a way to determine whether i'm being hunted or not. But I think it would be preferable if you make it more obvious if someone missed that part. This way people can get the proper ability profile each time. Perhaps have the words "HUNTER" or "TARGET" in the window. Rather than having to look at the list and through trial and error figuring out that the bottom team is defending.

<LI>After the session is completed, I would like to be able view what challenges I have completed in that session's results(similar to end bonus scores). Sometimes the challenge completion notice comes up in times that you are concentrating so you aren't paying attention to challenge completion notices.

<LI>If a team mate kills someone that you were about to kill, killing civilians should be disabled for 2 seconds or something short so we can recover. This happened many times in which I was going for a kill at the same time my team mate went for a kill. I would end up killing a civilian and another person would stun me if I did not leave the scene fast enough. I know I'm not the only to have done this.

<LI>Mini maps would be nice. Often I have found really awesome spots to hide in and could not find them again. If playing in a team mode it should show where your team mates are on it. Expanding this map should also be possible so you can view it across the whole screen.

<LI>Exploration of Maps - training mode? It would be nice to be able to familiarize yourself with a map without having to be worried about getting killed. I realize the maps are small but when you aren't focusing on learning the map it take much more time to learn it.

<LI>On manhunt there should be something that evens out team player amounts. Basically disables people from having 4 on one team and 2 on another. So then if there was 6 players in the server the game will only allow 3 people per team. I have played many matches where this happened. I actually even played a round where my team mate dropped out at the last second and I was 1 against 4.

<LI>If you lock onto your hunter the points should be less, because sometimes you may be in a hidden group and then he/she walks in there to kill you and also gets hidden points despite knowing who he/she was. Perhaps limit it where you must be locked on certain amount of seconds before this is effective.

<LI>In response to this a taunt ability would be nice. I have seen this suggested before and seemed very interesting. Where it will make a person loose their incognito and go into chase mode with 45-60 sec cool down. Adversely you could also have it set to triangle (ps3) in which you can not run away during the time you say it. Thus exposing yourself to your killer and possibly giving the killer time to kill you.

<LI>A button to make you appear as a civilian walking around where you stretch and do other things, without actually having to join a group. Possibly even allowing you to target a walking group. So that you can follow. Thus enabling a strategic tactic to follow a group with a similar character while still appearing as a civilian because you are making the random stretches and other things that don't normally occur when you are controlling where you are walking.

<LI> When you stun someone they should release to the animus immediately rather than have the choice to press triangle (ps3). This way if there is multiple players (manhunt) they can't get stunned multiple times or adversely a person can't become unstunned and kill you while you are stunning their team mate. This way stuns (that are harder to pull off) are not so unbalanced.

<LI> Must be actually looking at enemy to make them loose incognito. This is an issue because you can be running around the edge of a map and your target may have their back to you but then you still lose your incognito or perhaps even initiate a chase.

<LI> Places to hide on the roof would also be nice, similar to how it is in the single player. That way you can loose a lock on if you go up on the roof. So you do not have to jump down to the ground to be sure you lost the lock on.

<LI> Shouldn't be able to kill someone that isn't your target unless locked onto or is the same character type as your target. This has been an issue when you are in an area that is quite crazy because you think you are going to kill a Harlequinn but instead you kill a Prowler who you knew was not at all your target. Lock on to other characters makes it where you can still kill a disguised person, or just make a fail decision. This is a suggestion my brother made I do not personally care that much its just him.

<LI>When on the roof or underneath different pathways you should be able to morph groups or blend when you walk over/under when activated. This allows a strategy idea in which you cause people to appear as you and get lures. Such as on Flori there is a pathway underneath a path. I would like to be able to walk under there and morph people so I get many lures from this strategy.
[/list]

HaxGeneration
11-22-2010, 03:36 PM
You can pan the camera while moving.
You can change your loadouts and mute people while in game.
In Manhunt it does show you who are the hunters and who are the hunted before you join.
Be quicker than your teammate.
Mini maps=stupid
The maps aren't that big, play them a few times and you'll be familiarized.
You can always follow a group you morphed, the point of being hidden is so they have a harder time figuring out who you are, if you were just following your group and they initiated a chase sequence it'll be easy to point you out.
Roofs are not meant for hiding.
Get better don't kill civies.
Morphing from on a roof? Just dumb.

Everything you said will make the game easier than it already is. It's not hard.

MidoriSangatsu
11-22-2010, 04:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HaxGeneration:
You can pan the camera while moving.
You can change your loadouts and mute people while in game.
In Manhunt it does show you who are the hunters and who are the hunted before you join.
Be quicker than your teammate.
Mini maps=stupid
The maps aren't that big, play them a few times and you'll be familiarized.
You can always follow a group you morphed, the point of being hidden is so they have a harder time figuring out who you are, if you were just following your group and they initiated a chase sequence it'll be easy to point you out.
Roofs are not meant for hiding.
Get better don't kill civies.
Morphing from on a roof? Just dumb.

Everything you said will make the game easier than it already is. It's not hard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the response but I would like to clarify the different points that you brought up. I would also like to point out something I failed to mention which is I love the game, its an awesome concept I would just like to improve the game. I also edited my original post to be sure that points were more clear.

Yes I know you can pan the camera while moving but considering that the thumb is taken up using the free run buttons its a little harder.
I realize you can mute and adjust your abilities in game but I want to do it while I'm waiting for members to join in the loading window because there is time to kill.
And yes I know it shows you who the hunters are and whether you are being hunted or not but I'm just saying that multiple times I have and another person I play with often are not focusing on the game when they show you this. I had to figure out another method to determine this. One less obvious.
At that time it was more beneficial for the team to get that kill. However I did not notice my team mate attacking until it was too late and I was already lunging.
The only response I have to your mini maps=stupid is &lt;--flame
Yes you can follow but you don't do the random movements that the civilians do such as stretching and some other things I have seen that I just can't think of right now.
Perhaps because you say that roofs are meant for hiding. These spots on the roof are just meant to make others locks on you come off but then the system kicks you out after this is done. In the first place I found this issue minor just thought it would be an interesting addition in the next game.
Get better don't kill civies? .. Ok I pretty much already do that just happens occassionly and can be irritating.
Really I want the ability for places where there is path way under other path ways that you could morph people above you so there is more characters that look like you and more possible lures. Just a fun addition really.

I believe the word everything is too much of a generlization. I was just trying to gather multiple points of views into one to improve everyones experience next time around.