PDA

View Full Version : Can U take the towers back with stealth?

timpbader
12-23-2011, 05:56 AM
I tried spending yesterday playing and replaying killing the tower leaders and takeing back the towers. I was trying to sneak in and assassinate the tower leaders. Everytime I get near the towers (in the red zone) I get unrealistically shot up and am forced into a brawl. I'm trying to assassinate the tower leaders in a stealthy manner. The biggest but not only problem seems to be the gunner watch towers? Anyone got any suggestions?

Inorganic9_2
12-23-2011, 06:05 AM
Avoid them. Just stay out of their LOS. It can be done. There are routes not covered by them.

timpbader
12-23-2011, 06:12 AM
So it is possible to sneak in and assassinate the leaders? It seems once U reach a certain point U get detected.

LightRey
12-23-2011, 06:17 AM
It's most definitely possible to kill them stealthily. Make sure you avoid being seen by the guard posts (shown on the map), because they immediately spot you and attack if you get in their line of sight. I advise using bombs and the like to distract and/or take out guards.

timpbader
12-23-2011, 06:26 AM
Hi LightRey, I think my biggest problem is those damn towers. I guess I was expecting it to be more like the towers from ACB. Will have to do more scouting tonight. I tried working with the Romanies, but they have a bad habbit of scattering when I get in the red zone.

LightRey
12-23-2011, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by timpbader:
Hi LightRey, I think my biggest problem is those damn towers. I guess I was expecting it to be more like the towers from ACB. Will have to do more scouting tonight. I tried working with the Romanies, but they have a bad habbit of scattering when I get in the red zone.
It's definitely tricky, but if you have a little skill with bombs they can be your best friend.

Inorganic9_2
12-23-2011, 06:51 AM
Some of them I have yet to find out how to do stealthily. The one near the Arcadius is one of these. I can get to a certain point on the rooftops without being spotted, but the entire area is so heavily guarded, I've taken to using a fuse splinter bomb on the leader.

One of my favourites is the Arsenal den. Attack from the west, take out the riflemen patrolling near the den roof and across the street, then zipline over the courtyard, assassinating the bomb man as you go. Watch the leader in the courtyard and, when he stands next to the rifleman in training, throw a smoke bomb and double air assassinate the leader and a rifleman. Before the smoke clears, take out the second rifleman and then it's just a matter of clearing up those men who don't flee the scene.

TrueStoic
12-26-2011, 09:28 AM
..throw a freakin bomb from beneath in the litle house xD, realy it works! :P

But i prefer the sticky bomb for these situations rather than over exposing myself just for the clean throw trhough the window, either coal or shrapnel bombs work, since they dont have much health.

Sarari
12-26-2011, 03:52 PM
Get lethal bombs and throw it at those people that shoot. It kills them.

PurpleHaze1980
12-28-2011, 08:12 PM
I had issues with a Den where the captain kept running off before I could get near him. I originally assumed I had to leave the den area and stay out of it for 24 game hours. I did this and it all went pear shaped again. After about the fifth attempt I killed every soldier in the Den after the captain had bolted and then hid the bodies in a haystack. I climbed in, waited forever and the captain eventually walked right up and I stealth killed him and won back the den. I guess depending on your methods there's a stealthy way to hit any mission.

naran6142
12-28-2011, 11:56 PM
if your fast you can use the multi throwing knife kill move on the gunmen in the box

Inorganic9_2
12-29-2011, 04:37 AM
The den next to the Arcadius tunnel is quite simple now. Attack from the direction of the mosque that Suleiman and Ahmet play chess nearby, take out the bomb man on the roof, then throw a sticky lethal bomb (I use datura because it's quiet) through the window of the guard post on your left. Drop down to the roof on the right when it's safe and take out the patrolling rifleman. The guy with the sledgehammer trying to take down the zipline will come and investigate and can be taken out easily with a knife or something. Throw another sticky bomb through the window of the guard post on the left and advance along the roof, taking out the bomb man at the end. Then you're free of rooftop guards and standing above the leader, who is easily identifiable. You're free to kill him as you will (though you cannot air assassinate him for some reason)

Personally, I threw a smoke bomb at him and, in the confusion, air assassinated his guards, then took him out before the smoke cleared. A word of warning though; a huge gang of spearmen show up when you're exposed!