PDA

View Full Version : Ezio's Ability.

TechnoViking993
04-18-2009, 04:17 PM
So Altair had Eagle Vision, and the bleeding effect(?) lets Desmond have Eagle Vision. So do you think that Ezio will have a new ability that Desmond will be able to get? If so what do you think it would be ?

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

TechnoViking993
04-18-2009, 04:17 PM
So Altair had Eagle Vision, and the bleeding effect(?) lets Desmond have Eagle Vision. So do you think that Ezio will have a new ability that Desmond will be able to get? If so what do you think it would be ?

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

caswallawn_2k7
04-18-2009, 04:19 PM
he will learn to swim http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Realjambo
04-18-2009, 04:23 PM
I'm saying nothing... Except swimming trunks may be required. Maybe not. Desmond may have Hydrophobia.

We'll see in good time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Outlaw-BHA
04-18-2009, 04:24 PM
rofl... you have to remember eagle vision isnt the only thing he learned, he also learned pickpocketing in the middle somewhere http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

brummyboy1981
04-18-2009, 04:28 PM
i never even used eagle vison once, it was CRAP...so i'm hoping it's one i can use this time around at least

TechnoViking993
04-18-2009, 04:29 PM
Is pickpocketing something you need to learn from an ancestor? Can't you just learn? You can't really learn how to read hidden writing and see people in gold.

ROBJ808
04-18-2009, 04:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Outlaw-BHA:
rofl... you have to remember eagle vision isnt the only thing he learned, he also learned pickpocketing in the middle somewhere http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and eavsdrop, remember desmond listening to the conversation in the bathroom through the vent

assasinsdeath
04-18-2009, 04:33 PM
ya wat about climbing walls

Outlaw-BHA
04-18-2009, 04:39 PM
well desmond cant even run yet lol

assasinsdeath
04-18-2009, 04:42 PM
lol wat if the 2nd game isnt even desmond wat if its a new pearson

Robbinho1992
04-18-2009, 04:44 PM
Desmond will learn how to charm the ladies from Ezio.

Robbinho1992
04-18-2009, 04:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assasinsdeath:
lol wat if the 2nd game isnt even desmond wat if its a new pearson </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is Desmond.

Gah, Forgot I jsut psoted..Sorry http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

ROBJ808
04-18-2009, 04:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assasinsdeath:
lol wat if the 2nd game isnt even desmond wat if its a new pearson </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just as long as the conclude the story from AC1 im not bothered

Robbinho1992
04-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Series of games usually have the same person in it all the way through. Like the Prince, Kratos, Splinter Cell Guy. Or Heroes happen to be Desmond and his ancestors. so he should be staying.

Outlaw-BHA
04-18-2009, 04:48 PM
if they dont use Desmond, and just close his story without a grand exit, im gonna walk up to the people who made that decision and slap 'em in the face http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

that was not a threat it was just an idea

assasinsdeath
04-18-2009, 04:54 PM
ya i agree with all of u but idk how thery are ganna conect the 2 assasins

UchihaKarasu
04-18-2009, 05:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robbinho1992:
Desmond will learn how to charm the ladies from Ezio. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My thoughts exactly. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Robbinho1992
04-18-2009, 05:09 PM
Learn Italian, Becomes a Noblemen........Becomes a master at using his hands.

I could go on for....a few more seconds but I ebtter stop.

Lazybeans
04-18-2009, 05:11 PM
ya i agree with all of u but idk how thery are ganna conect the 2 assasins </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ezio is a descendant of Altaïr and another ancestor of Desmond. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

(http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif)

caswallawn_2k7
04-18-2009, 05:13 PM
lazy you dont get points every time you correct that http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Lazybeans
04-18-2009, 05:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
lazy you dont get points every time you correct that http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, yes, I know that. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif But he was wondering about the connection between the 2 assassins, so I replied with what I think is the right answer that has been mentioned not only by me anyway.
It's hard enough trying to make sense of some people's spelling. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif I have some HUGE pet peeves...

assasinsdeath
04-18-2009, 05:22 PM
oh idk that well that easier to conect to desmond

DanielModica
04-19-2009, 04:21 AM
Maybe desmond will get a jet pack and be able to FLY! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif (like Ezio and the glider if you have no idea what i'm talking about -.-)
Or maybe he will be able to run, it would be nice.

WeirdGirly
04-19-2009, 04:40 AM
Desmond will learn how to cook a mean ragù alla bolognese from Ezio...and maybe how to run.

moqqy
04-19-2009, 05:09 AM
Since Ezio will learn a lot more and better hand-to-hand moves, the next game would be ideal for Desmond to escape and use those moves on the guards. If it was last game, all Desmond could have done is do Altair's clumsy, ineffective boxing thing.

assasinsdeath
04-19-2009, 07:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moqqy:
Since Ezio will learn a lot more and better hand-to-hand moves, the next game would be ideal for Desmond to escape and use those moves on the guards. If it was last game, all Desmond could have done is do Altair's clumsy, ineffective boxing thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
ya i also think that girl will help him escape 2

moqqy
04-19-2009, 07:43 AM
Uh, the girl has nothing to do with this. She may or may not help Desmond escape. Doesn't really make a difference. Just the fact that Desmond now can use violence to get out and they can actually make it playable.

Xanatos2007
04-19-2009, 09:43 AM
The 'Eagle Vision' was Altair's thing, and a very unique thing at that. Maybe it just runs in the family and was awakened by the bleeding effect from the Animus. IF Desmond does learn anything from Ezio, it'd either be his charming charisma or something related to family issues. Remember how Desmond ran away when he was 15/16? "As far as I'm concerned, they were't my parents. They were my wardens, and I was their prisoner."

In the end, Desmond will learn not to trust old dudes with funny hats who sit around drinking beer and plotting world domination with like, the... Lizard people.

VendetaOfSins
04-21-2009, 08:05 PM
ya i agree with all of u but idk how thery are ganna conect the 2 assasins </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Altair was Desmonds ancestor, so Ezio is gonna be another one of his ancestors the scientist people are trying to get information from

OniLinkSword
04-21-2009, 11:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by brummyboy1981:
i never even used eagle vison once, it was CRAP...so i'm hoping it's one i can use this time around at least </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Turn off your HUD. You'll start using the vision A LOT more. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Xanatos2007
04-22-2009, 12:11 AM
Yeah, I never play with the HUD anymore. In AC2, I don't think they should show the EXACT position of your target, just the general area in which he was spotted and you have to look for him. Maybe have Ezio's eagle vision develop through the course of the game as he starts to realise he's an Assassin or something.

RobSp1derp1g
04-22-2009, 08:38 AM
I don't know if anyone posted this here before, but it's not the bleeding effect that gave Desmond his Eagle Vision.
Desmond learned the ways of the Creed through Altaïr. It is a result of his full synchronization with Altaïr.

the maxz
04-22-2009, 10:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RobSp1derp1g:
I don't know if anyone posted this here before, but it's not the bleeding effect that gave Desmond his Eagle Vision.
Desmond learned the ways of the Creed through Altaïr. It is a result of his full synchronization with Altaïr. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no it hasn't been said because everyone already knows that.

mikeh1294
04-22-2009, 10:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RobSp1derp1g:
Desmond learned the ways of the Creed through Altaïr. It is a result of his full synchronization with Altaïr. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is the bleeding effect. It is when he starts to have his ancestors powers, and eventually starts to go mad, think he is his ancestor.

I think Lucy talks about it.

spaceopera
04-22-2009, 11:25 AM
I doubt we are going to see a game entirely devoted to modern gameplay. Part of the attraction of Assassin's Creed is the fact that you can experience different places in time which is the way it's always been marketed. A possibility that I can see though is a stage in the very last part of the end game where Desmond uses all of his collected abilities to escape, this of course being the finale of the series attached at the end of one of the games, not an entire game in itself.

FifthGeneration
04-22-2009, 07:02 PM
Exio will be able to hide in straw bales and kill people with hidden blades in both hands and assassinate people while hiding in straw piles.

HK-42
04-22-2009, 08:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mikini:

It is the bleeding effect. It is when he starts to have his ancestors powers, and eventually starts to go mad, think he is his ancestor.

I think Lucy talks about it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was in the emails.

spartan697
04-23-2009, 06:55 PM

maybe one of the guys you did the little side mission for..like the capture the flags..maybe ezio is one of em'?

Xanatos2007
04-23-2009, 07:12 PM
You do realise that AC2 is set during the Renaissance, about 300 years after AC1?

An_Idea
04-23-2009, 09:09 PM
yeah i think the only connection between them is desmond, well the only immediate connection which is the one most likely for ubi to exploit

nightpriestess
04-23-2009, 09:35 PM
Maybe Desmond will unconsciously learn Italian? Oh wait..

dtisalive
04-24-2009, 05:36 AM
Many posts are regarding this and I'm not putting in quotes.

Warning - SPOILERS AHEAD!

Desmond is still in AC2. But it's not Abstergo which is trying to extract more info from him - it is actually the assassins! Apparently, Lucy(if I remember the name of the assistant correctly) got Desmond out of Abstergo. But to fight the Templars, the assassins need some info(no idea what or why), which is gratefully provided by Desmond by reliving the memories of another ancestor - Ezio.

SPOILERS FINISH HERE

If you read that, that's it. If you didn't read that, let me just tell you that I haven't revealed any climax or ending of the AC2 story, it's just one pretty important twist. Read it if you want to.

As for the bleeding effect, it is slow to come up. If a subject is 'overexposed' to a certain ancestor's memories, he starts to become like the ancestor. But this change does not require constant exposure. Once the exposure has crossed the critical limit, the powers start to "bleed in", one at a time. Desmond no longer needs to revisit Altair's memories, but WILL continue to gain his powers. So it's like radiation - once you have suffered enough of it, you will begin by growing an extra finger, then an extra hand, then some extra internal organs. Only later will you grow extra heads. Remember - you are not being exposed to more radiation all this time.

Hope that clears some things up. And oh, excuse my radiation joke please.

Xanatos2007
04-24-2009, 06:47 AM
Me and my fourth head find that joke offensive!

HK-42
04-24-2009, 02:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dtisalive:
Many posts are regarding this and I'm not putting in quotes.

Warning - SPOILERS AHEAD!

Desmond is still in AC2. But it's not Abstergo which is trying to extract more info from him - it is actually the assassins! Apparently, Lucy(if I remember the name of the assistant correctly) got Desmond out of Abstergo. But to fight the Templars, the assassins need some info(no idea what or why), which is gratefully provided by Desmond by reliving the memories of another ancestor - Ezio.

SPOILERS FINISH HERE

If you read that, that's it. If you didn't read that, let me just tell you that I haven't revealed any climax or ending of the AC2 story, it's just one pretty important twist. Read it if you want to.

As for the bleeding effect, it is slow to come up. If a subject is 'overexposed' to a certain ancestor's memories, he starts to become like the ancestor. But this change does not require constant exposure. Once the exposure has crossed the critical limit, the powers start to "bleed in", one at a time. Desmond no longer needs to revisit Altair's memories, but WILL continue to gain his powers. So it's like radiation - once you have suffered enough of it, you will begin by growing an extra finger, then an extra hand, then some extra internal organs. Only later will you grow extra heads. Remember - you are not being exposed to more radiation all this time.

Hope that clears some things up. And oh, excuse my radiation joke please. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Source? Not for Desmond, that is known, for the Assassins getting him out.

moqqy
04-24-2009, 02:28 PM
GI magazine said Desmond will be helping the assassins.

FYTJ
04-24-2009, 02:47 PM
No, it was Sébastien Puel who said in an interview with gamesryde:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> To help the assassins in their quest, Desmond will be exploring his DNA to find another ancestor’s memory: Ezio Auditore Di Firenze; a nobleman who lived at the end of the 15th Century in Italy. Betrayed by the ruling families of Italy, Ezio embarks upon an epic quest for vengeance. To his allies, he will become a force for change - fighting for freedom and justice. To his enemies, he will become a boogey man – dedicated to the destruction of the tyrants abusing the people of Italy. On his quest for vengeance, Ezio – and Desmond through Ezio’s story – will uncover a much bigger plot: A conspiracy rooted in Assassin’s Creed and that still impact the world of Desmond – our very world." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He said this when he was asked about the storyline of the new game.
So far Desmond was strapped to the Animus an reliving memories of his ancestors to help the Templars in their quest and not the Assassins.
So based on that statement we can assume that the assassins either do rescue Desmond or that Puel got the Assassins mixed up with the Templars in that particular sentence.

moqqy
04-24-2009, 02:52 PM
And the logical conclusion would be that the assassins do rescue him as that's what Puel said.

FifthGeneration
04-24-2009, 06:37 PM
either way its not going to hugely affect the gameplay in game... I would bet that desmond still wont be able to run and climb yet and even if he is with the assassins they're probably going to keep him in the dark because why would they do anything else?... they only rescued him so they could extract information from him just like Abstergo did. and though they might not promise to kill him, they still should see him as a risk because how will the assassins know that he isnt working for Abstergo secrectly? Desmond isnt an assassin, hes a bartender.

Xanatos2007
04-25-2009, 01:46 AM
About this whole "absorbing Altair's powers" thing, I don't think he'll be absorbing his Parkour skills. That's like saying if your dad was good at soccer then so will you. No, you don't get born a traceur or a soccer player, you have to develop those skills yourself. Desmond may be a traceur in secret, but I doubt it. Psycological abilities can get absorbed into DNA but may skip a generation or two. Psycics usually have ancestors with those same abilities, so the Eagle vision is plausible. From Ezio, I think Desmond may just absorb his reflexes or maybe charm. Too soon to tell.

As for helping the Assassins, I think it's true. It makes sense, Abstergo has no further use for Desmond so the Assassins could storm Abstergo again while they're busy looking for the artifacts and hijack the Animus. Or they could have an Animus of their own, Lucy Stillman supervised the assembly of the first Animus so she could've secretly fed the Assassins information (sschematics etc). Or the Assassin's stole one from somewhere else, who says there's only one? Vidic said "Animus, it's an Animus." not it's the Animus. Who knows?

dtisalive
04-25-2009, 02:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
About this whole "absorbing Altair's powers" thing, I don't think he'll be absorbing his Parkour skills. That's like saying if your dad was good at soccer then so will you. No, you don't get born a traceur or a soccer player, you have to develop those skills yourself. Desmond may be a traceur in secret, but I doubt it. Psycological abilities can get absorbed into DNA but may skip a generation or two. Psycics usually have ancestors with those same abilities, so the Eagle vision is plausible. From Ezio, I think Desmond may just absorb his reflexes or maybe charm. Too soon to tell.

As for helping the Assassins, I think it's true. It makes sense, Abstergo has no further use for Desmond so the Assassins could storm Abstergo again while they're busy looking for the artifacts and hijack the Animus. Or they could have an Animus of their own, Lucy Stillman supervised the assembly of the first Animus so she could've secretly fed the Assassins information (sschematics etc). Or the Assassin's stole one from somewhere else, who says there's only one? Vidic said "Animus, it's an Animus." not it's the Animus. Who knows? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dear Gregor Mendel(and his fourth head),
We are not talking about genetic heredity here - the bleeding effect is fictional. If you relive your great soccer player dad's memories using the Animus, you WOULD expect to gain his skills. Of course, you would have to pass that 'critical limit' I mentioned. This is because all this is FICTIONAL - if I am injected with Venom(from the DC universe), I will become like Bane, but of course - Venom doesn't exist in real life! It's the same with the bleeding effect. You can't talk science here - you must talk 'intelligent science fiction', and I'm a self-proclaimed master in that!

And about the animus, I have pretty much the same views as you.

Xanatos2007
04-25-2009, 05:01 AM
Who's Gregor Mendel?