PDA

View Full Version : OT: PC problem with desktop background!

BrewsterPilot
07-11-2006, 06:16 AM
So I had this niice piccie. I put it as my desktop background.

Then i accidentally deleted the original image. Gone. POOF!

But it's still my background.

Is it stored somewhere in order to be my background?

BrewsterPilot
07-11-2006, 06:16 AM
So I had this niice piccie. I put it as my desktop background.

Then i accidentally deleted the original image. Gone. POOF!

But it's still my background.

Is it stored somewhere in order to be my background?

SlickStick
07-11-2006, 06:28 AM
Brewster, right-click on your desktop and select Properties.

Select the Desktop tab and you will see the name of the current pic that is being used as your background in the list.

Then, just do a file search for it. It depends on where you originally got it from, but it's most likely in MyPictures or the main Windows directory. It may even be called Internet wallpaper or such.

BrewsterPilot
07-11-2006, 07:49 AM
Hi SlickStick.

Search found nothing, and it wasn't in any of the two folders you mentioned. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

danjama
07-11-2006, 07:59 AM
if you just deleted it then it shud be in your recycle bin

justflyin
07-11-2006, 08:16 AM
Brewster, if you still see the background, it has to be somewhere on your PC still. When you open the desktop tab in properties, it should be the one highlighted in the list.

FoolTrottel
07-11-2006, 12:26 PM
If you used 'Set As Wallpaper' in Internet Explorer, the pic will be named "Internet Explorer Wallpaper.bmp" and probably stored in a folder called 'C:\Documents and Settings\<Your username here>\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer'

If you used 'Set as Wallpaper' in Firefox, the pic will be named 'Firefox Wallpaper.bmp' and stored in C:\Windows.

Watch out when using Search function, as both folders may be regarded as system folders, they may not be included in the search, unless you change the search preferences.

Good Luck!