PDA

View Full Version : Can't get game to work

marie288
11-28-2010, 06:41 PM
Hi, I just purchased Assassin's Creed today. I turned it on and got to the game. My guy would not move though. I hit every button on my wireless controller and nothing. What am I not doing right? thanks

marie288
11-28-2010, 06:41 PM
Hi, I just purchased Assassin's Creed today. I turned it on and got to the game. My guy would not move though. I hit every button on my wireless controller and nothing. What am I not doing right? thanks

Rodriquezz
11-28-2010, 07:06 PM
Check if your controller is plugged into your console.

Check the batteries of your controller.

lulz..

marie288
11-28-2010, 07:22 PM
Hi Lulz, The controller is wireless and the batteries work because I just played Black Ops.

Rodriquezz
11-28-2010, 08:10 PM
Then you are doin it wrong.

marie288
11-28-2010, 08:28 PM
I realize that. What am I doing wrong?

Rodriquezz
11-29-2010, 04:12 AM
Hm trolly marie.. i think your Xbox is overheating, i would suggest you put some snow on it to cool it.

magesupermaster
11-29-2010, 04:17 AM
Just to go along with this, which game is it? the first, the second or Brotherhood?

marie288
11-29-2010, 08:28 AM
Hi MageMaster, It's the Brotherhood. I just purchased my first Xbox two days ago and I bought this game along with it. I've never played Xbox until now. My brother suggested I get it so he can shoot my fiance and I playing Call of Duty live. I thought it sounded like a good idea. So far so good, except for Assassins Creed. When the game starts my guy is in a strong hold with an opponent. I can't get my guy to fight back. There is an "x" that appears between them. I hold down the "x" button and nothing happens. My guy doesn't respond to my controller. I've looked for instructions and haven't found them on the game itself. Like I said, I just started playing games.

rocketxsurgeon
11-29-2010, 08:31 AM
Ok, so were you playing on the console for a while before inserting the Brotherhood disk?

Also did you install the game onto the hardrive or are you just running it?

marie288
11-29-2010, 08:47 AM
Hi Rocketxsurgeon,

"Ok, so were you playing on the console for a while before inserting the Brotherhood disk?"

No, I wasn't. I let some time pass between games. The Brotherhood disk works until the game portion starts.

"Also did you install the game onto the hardrive or are you just running it?"

Hmmm... Good question. Not sure. I just put the game in and expected it to play. Not sure if I did or did not install it. I'll have to check that out. Thanks!

extrememuffin
11-29-2010, 08:48 AM
lol if im correct then you are going to be kicking your self for being so dumb (no offence)

unless the xbox version is different then the PS3 version you are supposed to rapidly press square/x not hold it down.

and here i was thinking that it was some technical problem that would require massive work to fix.

rocketxsurgeon
11-29-2010, 08:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by marie288:
Hi Rocketxsurgeon,

"Ok, so were you playing on the console for a while before inserting the Brotherhood disk?"

No, I wasn't. I let some time pass between games. The Brotherhood disk works until the game portion starts.

"Also did you install the game onto the hardrive or are you just running it?"

Hmmm... Good question. Not sure. I just put the game in and expected it to play. Not sure if I did or did not install it. I'll have to check that out. Thanks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i know that for 360 users, they have an option to install, however PS3 users are forced to install. Installing limits loading times and seen as though the maps and free world are quite large, it's probably a good idea.

May i ask where about's you froze?

marie288
11-29-2010, 08:53 AM
"lol if im correct then you are going to be kicking your self for being so dumb (no offence)"
I tired that. And I wouldn't kick myself because I wouldn't expect myself to know any better being that I've only played video games now for only 2 days.

"unless the xbox version is different then the PS3 version you are supposed to rapidly press square/x not hold it down."

Tired that. Tired every button in every different way.

"and here i was thinking that it was some technical problem that would require massive work to fix."

We'll see...

magesupermaster
11-29-2010, 08:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by marie288:
Hi MageMaster, It's the Brotherhood. I just purchased my first Xbox two days ago and I bought this game along with it. I've never played Xbox until now. My brother suggested I get it so he can shoot my fiance and I playing Call of Duty live. I thought it sounded like a good idea. So far so good, except for Assassins Creed. When the game starts my guy is in a strong hold with an opponent. I can't get my guy to fight back. There is an "x" that appears between them. I hold down the "x" button and nothing happens. My guy doesn't respond to my controller. I've looked for instructions and haven't found them on the game itself. Like I said, I just started playing games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't worry, everything is fine.
You just need to rapidly press that button and you will continue with the game.
I hope I helped! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Just a question; do you know what QTE's(Quick Time Events) are?

marie288
11-29-2010, 09:32 AM
Hi Rocketxsurgeon,

"May i ask where about's you froze?"

At the very beginning. It works now. I had to keep pressing "X" =) lol

marie288
11-29-2010, 09:37 AM
Don't worry, everything is fine.
You just need to rapidly press that button and you will continue with the game.
I hope I helped! Veryhappy

Just a question; do you know what QTE's(Quick Time Events) are?

Call me MageMaster NOT MageSuperMaster!

Hi MageMaster,

As it was suggested by you and extremuffin to repeatedly press "x", atlas it works. Originally I had pressed it a few times, but I guess not enough. Being a beginner, I miss hard copy manuals lol... Thanks!

marie288
11-29-2010, 09:39 AM
Hi Magemaster,

"Just a question; do you know what QTE's(Quick Time Events) are?"

Never heard of them? Why?

magesupermaster
11-29-2010, 09:49 AM
I just wanted to tell you that QTE's are often found in many games, such as: the CoD(Call of Duty) series, the GoW(God of War) series, even AC2 has some at certain parts of the game.

marie288
11-29-2010, 10:01 AM
Hi MageMaster,

"I just wanted to tell you that QTE's are often found in many games, such as: the CoD(Call of Duty) series, the GoW(God of War) series, even AC2 has some at certain parts of the game.
Call me MageMaster NOT MageSuperMaster!"

Cool. I don't know what QTE's are for? Are they quick instruction manuals? I could use one. Games are not as simple as they use to be when I was 10 yrs old playing Super Mario Brothers or Zelda. Right now I'm at the very beginning of Brotherhood and I'm stuck in this room where it says follow the highlighted path. What path? lol

magesupermaster
11-29-2010, 10:11 AM
Hi MageMaster,

"I just wanted to tell you that QTE's are often found in many games, such as: the CoD(Call of Duty) series, the GoW(God of War) series, even AC2 has some at certain parts of the game.
Call me MageMaster NOT MageSuperMaster!"

Cool. I don't know what QTE's are for? Are they quick instruction manuals? I could use one. Games are not as simple as they use to be when I was 10 yrs old playing Super Mario Brothers or Zelda. Right now I'm at the very beginning of Brotherhood and I'm stuck in this room where it says follow the highlighted path. What path? lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

QTE's are button prompts that appear on the screen while playing a game(Not all games have QTE's).
If a player successfully presses the right buttons at the right time, the game will 'reward' the player in the game itself.
By failing to press the right buttons or at the wrong time, the game will 'discourage' the player.

Turn on Eagle Vision to see the highlihted path. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
I'm not sure which button it is on the Xbox, but I think it's Y.

Mr_Shade
11-29-2010, 10:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by magesupermaster:
Turn on Eagle Vision to see the highlihted path. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
I'm not sure which button it is on the Xbox, but I think it's Y. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed - [Y] = eagle vision on Xbox.

There is a full game manual - in either the game case [if you have one] - or in the 'Extras' menu on the title screen of the game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

marie288
11-29-2010, 10:25 AM
Hi MageMaster,

"QTE's are button prompts that appear on the screen while playing a game(Not all games have QTE's).If a player successfully presses the right buttons at the right time, the game will 'reward' the player in the game itself.
By failing to press the right buttons or at the wrong time, the game will 'discourage' the player."

Oh I see.. I noticed something like that on Call of Duty, but wasn't sure what it was. Now I know http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

"Turn on Eagle Vision to see the highlihted path. Wink2
I'm not sure which button it is on the Xbox, but I think it's Y. Call me MageMaster NOT MageSuperMaster!"

Yah, I finally had figured it out, and figured out how to climb up the wall. Yay http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

magesupermaster
11-29-2010, 10:29 AM
Good, now I hope you enjoy the game! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I would have recommended you to play the first two games in order before Brotherhood.

marie288
11-29-2010, 10:32 AM
Hi Mr Shade,
"Indeed - [Y] = eagle vision on Xbox.

There is a full game manual - in either the game case [if you have one] - or in the 'Extras' menu on the title screen of the game Wink"

My game case never came with a manual. I'll check out the "extras" menu. That must be were the instructions are. Thank you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

extrememuffin
11-29-2010, 10:33 AM
yes i would deffinatly recomened getting the first 2 games. assassins creed is a very in debth game and to fully understand whats going on you will have to start from the begging. although the brief video at the start give some basic info its not enough and you will be left saying "wtf?" iv played all the games and still end up saying that lol

marie288
11-29-2010, 10:35 AM
Hi Magemaster,

"Good, now I hope you enjoy the game!
I would have recommended you to play the first two games in order before Brotherhood."

Haha... Yah I suppose. If I had only known there are two other games before Brotherhood http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

marie288
11-29-2010, 10:56 AM
Hi Extrememuffin,
"yes i would deffinatly recomened getting the first 2 games. assassins creed is a very in debth game and to fully understand whats going on you will have to start from the begging. although the brief video at the start give some basic info its not enough and you will be left saying "wtf?" iv played all the games and still end up saying that lol"

I see what you're saying. I am going to take that suggestion and do just that! Thanks