PDA

View Full Version : not installing

shdaiyuki
05-05-2011, 11:22 AM
my assassins creed brotherhood isnt installing whenever i try to install it keeps asking if i want to uninstall it...HELP

shdaiyuki
05-05-2011, 11:22 AM
my assassins creed brotherhood isnt installing whenever i try to install it keeps asking if i want to uninstall it...HELP

KingDaniel0
05-05-2011, 12:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shdaiyuki:
my assassins creed brotherhood isnt installing whenever i try to install it keeps asking if i want to uninstall it...HELP </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you installing the Game from a DVD disk, or some Digital download file ?

Was the Game previously installed on your Computer/laptop, under this very same OS ? Which OS do you have ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

shdaiyuki
05-06-2011, 03:17 AM
installing from a dvd disc...it was installed in the same os...its a windows 7...after i installed the first time it was working fine...but the computer did auto repair..apparently restoring the the computer to a state when it was functioning normally...after which the game hasnt worked..

KingDaniel0
05-06-2011, 04:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shdaiyuki:
installing from a dvd disc...it was installed in the same os...its a windows 7...after i installed the first time it was working fine...but the computer did auto repair..apparently restoring the the computer to a state when it was functioning normally...after which the game hasnt worked.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, it looks there is problem with your current OS state, but why did your PC did an Auto-repair and System RESTORE ? This is causing the problem with the Game's installer......I don't think again doing a system Restore would be of much help now....

Can you install and play all other Games, and run other Programs/apps currently under this OS ?

What happens when you click on the Un-install option ? Does it start the un-installing process ? Can you install the Game, by browsing the DVD, and then clicking on any Setup.exe file, instead of using the DVD Autorun MENU ??

If not, then try to REMOVE and DELETE all possible Game entries from the Installed Path/folder, as well as from the Windows REGISTRY......

The game has not been properly removed, or there might be some Game entries still on this Computer. First try to 'Manually' remove/delete as many folders and entries you find related to this game, and then try re-installing it again.

If you happen to find the following under your Windows Registry, then remove them as well. Delete the entire NODE i.e. Ubisoft:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

64 bit path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\As sassin's Creed Brotherhood\. After that you need to expand the Parent 'WOW6432' NODE, till you reach the Assassin's Creed entry.

Also try to Scan you computer now, to fix any Registry and other errors, if any, by using any REG tool you may have. Google search for them, as there are many tools which can be used. Just an example:

http://download.cnet.com/ccleaner/

http://download.cnet.com/Regis...2094_4-10510869.html (http://download.cnet.com/Registry-Booster-2011/3000-2094_4-10510869.html)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tiger5751
09-07-2012, 07:53 AM
it looks like I have got the same problem as you.
im running windows 7 home premium 32 bit but I have previously tried to uninstall and even downloaded it through ubisoft so it has to be a problem with the pc.
I have also deleted all of the assassins creed local files

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
09-08-2012, 10:40 AM
Hi tiger5751, I presume you may have remnants left, I would suggest contacting Technical Support so they can take a look, the link is in my signature.