PDA

View Full Version : Before you make cheating accusations

crazyivan1970
10-07-2007, 07:34 PM
Just want to make a quick note to server admins. Changing your CheckRuntime to 2 will boot mostly the wrong people. By Wrong i mean those who has different OS then the server, those who might have some driver issues, totally unrelated. Soo, just wanted to warn you, before you point any fingers, think twice...

crazyivan1970
10-07-2007, 07:34 PM
Just want to make a quick note to server admins. Changing your CheckRuntime to 2 will boot mostly the wrong people. By Wrong i mean those who has different OS then the server, those who might have some driver issues, totally unrelated. Soo, just wanted to warn you, before you point any fingers, think twice...

Bearcat99
10-07-2007, 07:47 PM
What about leaving it at 1?

crazyivan1970
10-07-2007, 07:50 PM
Might have issues with different OS, still. I do. I cannot join my own COOP when i have checkruntime=1 and server as XP PRO 32 bit. But i have dual boot... when i run 64 bit on the server i can join with 1 or 2. All that started to happen after installing photo printer drivers. Go figure... i need the printer hehe.

TheGozr
10-07-2007, 09:45 PM
Windows 2k and server 2003 won't connect on 2.

JG52MadAdler
10-07-2007, 09:46 PM
rgrt

Will do

Thanks for the heads up.

heywooood
10-07-2007, 10:21 PM
question - what ended the Il2 franchise?

and what delayed the SoW:BoB?

and what is the reason there aren't more software startup companies?

and why are the M/S flight sims open architecture?

the added costs of encryption, security software, initial costs of designing software vs. the ability to protect it well enough for it to turn a profit, and the fact that M/S knows they can't - even with their deep pockets, guard their product from hax - so they compromised and made everything modable...no reason to steal something that isn't locked.

But the Il2 franchise and the SoW franchise were meant to be different - they were meant to be secure for competitive online play without the possibility of hacker interference...so all the hax are doing is undermining the intent and destroying the competition (on 2 levels)

rnzoli
10-08-2007, 12:52 AM
Maybe it's a good opportunity to mention that TIMEOUT 2 may also be caused by non-English regional options. Going back to English or US formats can solve that.

I had this strange problem with 4.07, I could join the server (didn't get TIMEOUT 1), but as soon as I pressed Fly for a few planes (e.g., YP-80, Me-262) in a co-op missions, I got booted with TIMEOUT 2 right away.

At that time, I reported the solution to the developers and also posted in ORR, but I haven't seen a reference to this problem in 4.08 patch description, so it may still be present, and of course the forum meltdown in January cleared my post about this subject as well.

Manos1
10-08-2007, 03:45 AM
Many thanks Crazyivan!

Please remind us what CheckRuntime 1, 2 is supposed to compare.
(W2K dedicated server here)

And, is it only CheckRuntime=2 that will exclude a Sound mod?

~S~

msalama
10-08-2007, 04:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And, is it only CheckRuntime=2 that will exclude a Sound mod? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think so.

And oh yeah - see this while yer at it, BTW:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bA2BiRAPqY8

So it was just a matter of time before some smacktard tried his hand in modifying a flight model or two of course! Thus it's checkRunTime=2 for me from now on regardless of whatever else happens...

rnzoli
10-08-2007, 04:05 AM
Cmirko's 102nd COOP dedicated uses checkRuntime=1, and I have seen people booted quickly after joining. There was a comment also from someone in the chat, that his buddy needed to switch back to old .exe files and after that he could join and play without problems. So I believe checkRunTime=1 is enough to start with.

JG52Uther
10-08-2007, 04:44 AM
I have run checkruntime=2 since news got out.BUT,I have also heard that it might not be that effective. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif
If Oleg does not fix this in 4.09 then online is finished.

BBB_Hyperion
10-08-2007, 04:52 AM
I think this checkruntime is lacking some features.

There should be a reason given why the kick was done and should allow bitmask overwrite of such kick. For example wrong driver version -ignore driver . Allways kick for modiefied sfs files or maybe restrict check to certain files for example only files.sfs to gain speed. Problem with this options it is easier to figure out how the protection works.

Manos1
10-08-2007, 05:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by msalama:
And oh yeah - see this while yer at it, BTW:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bA2BiRAPqY8

So it was just a matter of time before some smacktard tried his hand in modifying a flight model or two of course! Thus it's checkRunTime=2 for me from now on regardless of whatever else happens... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This always existed, we just always said "lag, connection, wrongly patched versions" and closed our eyes hoping to be right...
Remember this? Posted 24 May 2005
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/63110913/m/9161089323/p/1

Anyway, my problem is that I have a W2K dedicated server. It is of limited use if nobody with WinXP OS can not enter my server...

~S~