PDA

View Full Version : Missing missions after merged install

XyZspineZyX
03-15-2005, 02:08 AM
Hello there,
after weeks of trying to find this Expansion pack i de-installed PF to reinstall it as a merged version over FB with Expansion pack. Now i tried to start a single mission with the Spitfire (carrier start/landing) only to see that it's gone! Is this 'normal' ??!
Greetings,
viiseas

b.t.w. I think it is impertinent from UBI to request cookies enabled and all the security settings to almost zero only to log in in it's forums, with all those pop-ups etc. I know the upcoming answer: If you don't like it, go away. Exactly, bye.

XyZspineZyX
03-15-2005, 02:08 AM
Hello there,
after weeks of trying to find this Expansion pack i de-installed PF to reinstall it as a merged version over FB with Expansion pack. Now i tried to start a single mission with the Spitfire (carrier start/landing) only to see that it's gone! Is this 'normal' ??!
Greetings,
viiseas

b.t.w. I think it is impertinent from UBI to request cookies enabled and all the security settings to almost zero only to log in in it's forums, with all those pop-ups etc. I know the upcoming answer: If you don't like it, go away. Exactly, bye.

FoolTrottel
03-15-2005, 03:30 PM
Hi, Seven Seas (Ever heard that song from Echo And The Bunnymen? It's great!)

This looks like a problem of a somehow fawlty install, or incorrect applying of patches.
But, as yer not too specific 'bout how you did things, we might never know!

Bye!

XyZspineZyX
03-16-2005, 12:55 AM
Hello 'Fooltrottel',
no, did not hear that song before, anyway i'll look out for it, thanks.

The installation: I installed IL2 FB and applied some patch (ages ago, don't know which exactly) Over this i installed AEP. Then i installed PF, and directly afterwards the patch for Pacific fighters 3.0 to 3.03 and then the 3.03 to 3.04 patch.
Maybe i should not have patched FB before installing PF ? Does the PF Patch to 3.03/3.04 include the patches for FB ?
Currently i'm doing a fresh install, but don't know what to do with the patches, now i've installed FB with AEP. Would be nice to know ...

Greetings,
viiseas

steve_v
03-16-2005, 05:18 AM
Patching sequence and more at airwarfare
http://www.airwarfare.com/guides/patching.htm

XyZspineZyX
03-17-2005, 03:54 AM
Hello steve_V,
thank you. I de-installed all and, after a reboot, installed FB, AEP and then PF on the PC. Followed by patch 1 (3.0 to 3.03m) and 2 (3.03m to 3.04m). All missions restored, thanks again !
Greetings,
VIIseas