PDA

View Full Version : Options - graphics - PROBLEM!

Jandahorse
04-08-2010, 02:40 AM
I was ajusting my graphics, and i selected the last option on the list and i thaught i'd try it out, so i exited the options menue hoping to be directed to the main menue, but my screen went black and a little blue notification popped up saying out of range!. everytime i try to get into the game, the launhcer starts it but the monitor goes black and tells me the same thing OUT OF RANGE!

is there a way i can alter the graphics back to default without getting into the game?

Yes i have already uninstalled it, then reinstalled it.

please help!

Jandahorse
04-08-2010, 02:40 AM
I was ajusting my graphics, and i selected the last option on the list and i thaught i'd try it out, so i exited the options menue hoping to be directed to the main menue, but my screen went black and a little blue notification popped up saying out of range!. everytime i try to get into the game, the launhcer starts it but the monitor goes black and tells me the same thing OUT OF RANGE!

is there a way i can alter the graphics back to default without getting into the game?

Yes i have already uninstalled it, then reinstalled it.

please help!

Jandahorse
04-08-2010, 02:43 AM
can anyone see it? i cant find it on the forums...?

OpSTex64
04-08-2010, 03:05 AM
Have you checked your Graphics Driver settings are set to 'use application settings' by ticking the check box.

If not you may have the driver settings in conflict with the game graphics settings.

Also check that the settings you are changing to do not exceed the capacity of your graphics card.

Try updating your graphics driver to the latest one provided by the manufacturer i.e. ATI or nVidia. When I did this it resolved some issues.

My manufacturer's (ASUS) provided driver was not the latest available and gave me chunky slow play.

I will check the game graphics settings and get back to you with a solution if I can.

If this fails

OpSTex64
04-08-2010, 03:06 AM
if you created a Restore Point you can restore your computer to previous the change....just an idea.

pablocoo
04-08-2010, 08:33 AM
To reset all game settings:
Go to C:\Users\[your_username]\AppData\Roaming\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed 2 (for Win 7 & Vista)
or C:\Documents and Settings\[your_username]\Application Data\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed 2 (for XP, I'm no sure about exact path, may be incorrect) [folders may be hidden]
and delete Assassin2.ini file.

And when setting graphic options make sure not to set resolution and refresh rate above values supported by your monitor.