PDA

View Full Version : Historical Info Request

darkhorizon11
07-19-2004, 01:09 PM
Hey I just finished a fictitious mission sorta what if thing for AEP. Basically theres an airfield rumored to be flying some new jets in June 1945 after the successful German Ardenne offensive. An allied bomber force is on its way to bomb the industrial district of St. Vith. You, a Thunderbolt jock are to strafe the bonn airfield nearby to stem any response. Theres a few surprises too don't worry.

My request is what squadrons most likely would be involved in this scenario. Obviously it didn't happen but I was looking for specifically what German 262 and D-9 Squads, and American P51 P47 and British Spitfire squads would most likely have been involved in such an engagement had it occured?!?!

Thanks.

darkhorizon11
07-19-2004, 01:09 PM
Hey I just finished a fictitious mission sorta what if thing for AEP. Basically theres an airfield rumored to be flying some new jets in June 1945 after the successful German Ardenne offensive. An allied bomber force is on its way to bomb the industrial district of St. Vith. You, a Thunderbolt jock are to strafe the bonn airfield nearby to stem any response. Theres a few surprises too don't worry.

My request is what squadrons most likely would be involved in this scenario. Obviously it didn't happen but I was looking for specifically what German 262 and D-9 Squads, and American P51 P47 and British Spitfire squads would most likely have been involved in such an engagement had it occured?!?!

Thanks.