PDA

View Full Version : Kill radius for USAF LW-bombs

jugent
11-07-2005, 02:38 PM
I enjoy myself sometimes with jabo-missions.
After the latest patch I dont kill anything anymore. Ive read something about "- Aerodynamic focus dependency on angle of attack "
so I made a dogfight-server and put up some targets.
The targets where static aircrafts positioned in the perimeter of masqerade-net? on an airfield, wingtip by wingtip.

Attempt 1. Target two P-47, attacker me in a FW 190-A9 armed with one 500 kg bomd, fuse 0.5 sec.

Attack 1. The bomb hit 4 lenght of the P-47 behind the planes. Three masq-net blow off but no aircraft kill.

Attack 2 The bomb hit the masqnet 2 lenght of the southern aircraft behind it, this a/c was destroyed and the other survived.

Attempt 2.
I have changed the targets from P-47 to FW190-F8, and used the P-47 for attack loaded with one 1000 lbs bomb (478 kg).

Attack 1. The bomb hit the ground on almoust the same place place as in attempt one for the A9.
Both aircrafts blew up, together with three masq-net.

Attack 2 The bomb hit the ground approx 5 body-leght in front of the a/c.
Both aircrafts blew up.

Attempt 3.
Attacker as attempt 1.
Because the P-47 is a tough a/c I put changed them to spit IX.

Attack 1.
The bomb hit perfect between the a/c:s both blew up.

Attack 2. The bomb hit 5-6 framelenght in front of the most nothern spit.
Two masq-net blew up but both a/c remained alive.

I know that I made to few attempt but shouldnt a hit from a 500 kg bomb 20-25 meters from a P-47 kill it?

Did USAF perhaps used stronger explosives than LW or is there a fault here?

jugent
11-07-2005, 02:38 PM
I enjoy myself sometimes with jabo-missions.
After the latest patch I dont kill anything anymore. Ive read something about "- Aerodynamic focus dependency on angle of attack "
so I made a dogfight-server and put up some targets.
The targets where static aircrafts positioned in the perimeter of masqerade-net? on an airfield, wingtip by wingtip.

Attempt 1. Target two P-47, attacker me in a FW 190-A9 armed with one 500 kg bomd, fuse 0.5 sec.

Attack 1. The bomb hit 4 lenght of the P-47 behind the planes. Three masq-net blow off but no aircraft kill.

Attack 2 The bomb hit the masqnet 2 lenght of the southern aircraft behind it, this a/c was destroyed and the other survived.

Attempt 2.
I have changed the targets from P-47 to FW190-F8, and used the P-47 for attack loaded with one 1000 lbs bomb (478 kg).

Attack 1. The bomb hit the ground on almoust the same place place as in attempt one for the A9.
Both aircrafts blew up, together with three masq-net.

Attack 2 The bomb hit the ground approx 5 body-leght in front of the a/c.
Both aircrafts blew up.

Attempt 3.
Attacker as attempt 1.
Because the P-47 is a tough a/c I put changed them to spit IX.

Attack 1.
The bomb hit perfect between the a/c:s both blew up.

Attack 2. The bomb hit 5-6 framelenght in front of the most nothern spit.
Two masq-net blew up but both a/c remained alive.

I know that I made to few attempt but shouldnt a hit from a 500 kg bomb 20-25 meters from a P-47 kill it?

Did USAF perhaps used stronger explosives than LW or is there a fault here?

Sharpe26
11-07-2005, 02:40 PM
Diving attacks at what speed?

or level flight at what speed?

jugent
11-07-2005, 03:04 PM
I started from 10 km south of the attacked base startlevel was 5k, and I made a shallow dive towards the target.
I dropped the bomb at 650 to 700 km/h at all attempts.
I dropped it from the height of 10-20m.
Because the bomb doesnt bounce of, there is no problem with a small-angle drop.

Made a second test and put P-63 on the ground, same results, the P-63 survived and I get killed by the blast of my bomb.
They where 10-20 m from the explosion, I was five times their distance.
I became a total fireball, just disintegrated.

AI planes are less wounerable but this is a joke.
One funny thing, once the bomb bounced on the ground and it landed 50 m beyond the first ground-impact and it became a super-miss.

I made another test with a P-51 to test smaller bombs 2x250 lbs.
It killed the both FW-190F8, the impact was 15-20 m in front of them.
I am about to draw a conclusion.
German bombs has smaller effect on allied aircrafts than vice versa.

LStarosta
11-07-2005, 04:52 PM
Got track?

jugent
11-07-2005, 05:13 PM
I got some tracks but not for all attacks, im a little bit lazy so I overwrite the top trackfile most of the time.

p1ngu666
11-07-2005, 05:34 PM
curious http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

jugent
11-09-2005, 12:11 PM
I put one half-tracked M3 vehicles on each flank of the P-47:s. They are lined up at a row of aprox 50 m between the outher vehicles.

I put a bomb in front of the targets and both of the M3 where destroyed but no aircraft.
The P-47 is stronger that a armoured halftracked APC.
Either is the P-47 to tough or the M3 is to weak.
This track is saved.