PDA

View Full Version : Anyone notice this?

XyZspineZyX
10-01-2003, 05:11 AM
Seems the same aircraft flys differently on seperate occasions. For example you fly the 109 G2, and then the server has a map change. You then fly the 109 G2 again and for some reason it fly's differently?

Also on one occasion with nothing more than the 109 F-4's standard loadout I bounced and destroyed a Strumovik in one pass.

Playing online tonight in a 109 K4 with MK 108 gun pods. I hammered a IL2 hits all over him wings, fuse, and all. He didn't go down at all. When a short burst just before that blew the wing slap off his wingman. Ok well that more or less just felt odd obviously I hit something the first kill I didn't on the second aircraft. However I can't imagine any aircraft taking fire from 2 MG's, and 3 MK 108's and flying off. It wasn't a bounced either I was in trail behind him with a slight deflection shot.
Firs burst was lowside on his 5 o'clock second was on his highside 5 o'clock. I know I had to have put over 100 MG rounds into him as well as at least 15+ MK 108 rounds.

Every take-off is optional, but every landing is mandatory!

XyZspineZyX
10-01-2003, 05:11 AM
Seems the same aircraft flys differently on seperate occasions. For example you fly the 109 G2, and then the server has a map change. You then fly the 109 G2 again and for some reason it fly's differently?

Also on one occasion with nothing more than the 109 F-4's standard loadout I bounced and destroyed a Strumovik in one pass.

Playing online tonight in a 109 K4 with MK 108 gun pods. I hammered a IL2 hits all over him wings, fuse, and all. He didn't go down at all. When a short burst just before that blew the wing slap off his wingman. Ok well that more or less just felt odd obviously I hit something the first kill I didn't on the second aircraft. However I can't imagine any aircraft taking fire from 2 MG's, and 3 MK 108's and flying off. It wasn't a bounced either I was in trail behind him with a slight deflection shot.
Firs burst was lowside on his 5 o'clock second was on his highside 5 o'clock. I know I had to have put over 100 MG rounds into him as well as at least 15+ MK 108 rounds.

Every take-off is optional, but every landing is mandatory!

XyZspineZyX
10-01-2003, 01:49 PM
I've noticed a change of FM and prop pitch responce from map to map. And it seems to me that inside the map file there sits info on air pressure and if it changes from map to map then the plane's behavior also changes.

As for the damage model i didn't notice anything odd.

Best wishes.

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 02:21 AM
it may be the altitude or the weather

"Never forget the past so we dont make the same mistakes in the future"

MicroSoft Most Wanted
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/the-aztek-eagles/oleg.jpg

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 02:37 AM
i was flying the P-47D-10 in a quick mission last night at various altitudes. i noticed that the plane would slow down whenever i would change the prop pitch down from 100% to say 80 or 85%. shouldn't the plane speed up slightly in this case?

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 03:10 AM
winston57 wrote:
- i was flying the P-47D-10 in a quick mission last
- night at various altitudes. i noticed that the plane
- would slow down whenever i would change the prop
- pitch down from 100% to say 80 or 85%. shouldn't
- the plane speed up slightly in this case?

NO, Actually the % is listed backwards. as done in the game what u are doing is making the prop take bigger bite of the air stream an make whe engine work harder. The "lower" number pitch is good for climbing and cruise. the "higher" numbers are for take off and accelerating.

The "lower" pitch will slow the plane down because of it working harder but allow the engine to grab more air to do more work per bite
-
-

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/p9141f290fa1c1c59a2dc382c77af21f3/fb1a8321.jpg

Lead Whiner for the P-47D-40, M and N and Hvars

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 03:52 AM
thanx for the reply, sniper. i wish i could get a handle on this prop pitch stuff. i thought moving from 100% prop pitch in FB to 80 or 85% was similar to upshifting in a car allowing for for more top speed in level flight.

i was trying to find the top speed i could get in the jug in level flight at various altitudes (without going into WEP) and what the best prop pitch setting would be for each altitude. in each case 100% prop pitch seemed to be the fastest for me. thats seems to support what you said.

Buzz_25th
10-02-2003, 04:03 AM
The P-47 has a constant speed prop. Just leave it at 100% for best performance. Lowering it just lowers the rpm it will function at, and slow down. Lower it only to get better economy.

Your mixing up what the German planes do in prop pitch. They can be flown like they have a transmission in them like a car. American/Russian planes are not like that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
25th_Buzz
<center>
http://www.vfa25.com/sigs/buzz.jpg

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 08:02 AM
Sniper762x51 wrote:
- The "lower" number pitch is good for
- climbing and cruise. the "higher" numbers are for
- take off and accelerating.
- The "lower" pitch will slow the plane down because
- of it working harder but allow the engine to grab
- more air to do more work per bite

The how do you explain the following.
When going down and accelerating fast (speed is not high yet) i have to increase the prop pitch (lower the %) in order to not overcrank the engin. Then when i level, going fast but not accelerating i have to decrease the prop pitch to reach the top speed.
However if we use the car transmission analogy then the following generalization should be true: the lower the speed the smaller the prop pitch and vise versa.

Best wishes

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 03:37 PM
Koan___ wrote:
- Sniper762x51 wrote:
-- The "lower" number pitch is good for
-- climbing and cruise. the "higher" numbers are for
-- take off and accelerating.
-- The "lower" pitch will slow the plane down because
-- of it working harder but allow the engine to grab
-- more air to do more work per bite
-
- The how do you explain the following.
- When going down and accelerating fast (speed is not
- high yet) i have to increase the prop pitch (lower
- the %) in order to not overcrank the engin. Then
- when i level, going fast but not accelerating i have
- to decrease the prop pitch to reach the top speed.
- However if we use the car transmission analogy then
- the following generalization should be true: the
- lower the speed the smaller the prop pitch and vise
- versa.
-
- Best wishes.

Please my preious post. In RL aviation it is backwards to the game "Low Pitch" is when the angle of attack of the blade is shallow.
This setting lets the prop spin faster and so the engine too. This is the best setting for takeoff and accelerating as the engine does not have to work hard and spins the props faster. In the real world this setting in a dive could overspeed the engine and damage it.

"high" pitch" is when the blade angle is steeper taking a bigger bite. This slows the engine and so slows the plane. This is used for climbing and cruise.

In planes w/ constant speed prop the prop govener works w/ the engine to adjust for best performance within its/ control range. planes like the P-47 have this and most of the time u can leave the prop alone unless u want a particular performance all the time.

remember it is backwards in the game.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/p9141f290fa1c1c59a2dc382c77af21f3/fb1a8321.jpg

Lead Whiner for the P-47D-40, M and N and Hvars

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 06:35 PM
I noticed that it takes more than 4 sometimes even 6 mk108 hits to bring down the GOD LIKE LA7!!!

<center><font size="7" color="red">Dedicated Server.exe Ya right!!![/i]</font>